Ch.3 Stuck
28 6 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Previously on my first day as an errand boy: met with animals, learnt to be a tarzan, was a bell boy. And now: a conversation with a man.

 

Me: “Hello?”

Len: “Hello.”

Me: “...”

Len: “...”

 

Yeah we were both bad at this.

 

Len: “Er, right. Let’s just start with the introduction first. I’m Len, a hunter from the Moonforest, well this village.”

Me: “Ah my name is Amnalis, I’m a… umm… amnesiac?”

Len: “Why the question?”

Me: “Because I don’t remember anything so I’m not sure?”

Len: “... fair enough ...”

 

Yeah let’s just go with that.

 

Me: “Anyway, what were those things?”

Len: “Ah those? Blood monkeys. Like I said before they usually don’t get this close to the village but for some reason many of them appeared in the hunting trail that we usually used.”

Me: “I see. Why are they called blood though? They just looked like regular monkeys, just really pissed off.”

Len: “You must really be an amnesiac, huh? They just looked like normal monkeys normally but around their mating season, which is around now, the male monkeys will hunt for other animals and bathe in their blood for some screwed up mating ritual.”

[Me: “MiniGo?”]
[MiniGo: “I don’t do that!! None my friends do that too!!”]

Me: “Wait, you’re not suspicious of me?”

Len: “No, why? Ahh is it because Rue? That’s that guards name by the way. You will be really suspicious of strangers if that’s your job for more than 15 years. Also you have this thing about you. You really remind me of…”

Me: “Nobles?”

Len: “Stable boys.”

Me: “(; ̄Д ̄)”

 

While we were chatting we saw the Guard (Rue was it?) walking back to us with an elderly man, that must be the village chief, right? Even though he looked old but his body still stood normally like a man in his youth. Is there some anti-aging elixir in this world?

 

Len: “Yo, Mojak.”

Mojak: “Call me Village Chief of father you unfilial son! Hohoho, who we have here?”

Rue: ”This guy just showed up at the village gate looking all suspicious, but before I could question him those monkeys showed up. ”

Mojak: “Hohoho interesting. So who are you, young man?”

Me: “Hello my name is Amnalis, I don’t remember anything other than waking up in the jungle and that I have to go to  the plains in the west.”

Mojak: “hmmm… I never see you around here too. How about this, you can stay at my house for a while and see if you can remember anything. It’s not like you can go outside with all those bloody monkeys anyway.”

Rue: ”But Village Chief!”

Mojak: “Hohoho don’t worry, he doesn’t look dangerous at all. Also he has this aura on him, he reminds me of a…”

Me: “Stable boy?”

Mojak: “A Hobo. Hohohoho.”

Me: “(T_T)”

 

The village didn’t just stay still doing nothing by the way. On the village side Rue and some of the villagers are taking turns going around the inner wall to patrol. We also need to be quiet all the time if we were outside the houses so we won’t alert the monkeys. Some people tried to go through the other gate but unfortunately the monkeys weren’t that dumb, while everybody was confused inside the village they circled the wall and guarded the other gate too so we were trapped indefinitely inside the wall. Len said there won’t be any problem with water since there were a few wells inside the village, sadly though the food will run out eventually. I thought that we would need to fast until an unforeseeable time but Len said the village already had a plan.

 

Since the monkeys would just camp there indefinitely except if they find another massive prey, Rue sent a letter via a pigeon to Moron (pfftt), the village to the south (2 days walking from here), there they forward the letter to the Hunter Guild that’s located in Vlarvic, a city near the border (3 days walking south from Moron). The hunter guild would then assess the situation and send a number of hunters that could help us. Counting the time for the bird and the travelling speed for the hunters it seemed that we would need to wait for at least 2 weeks for help to come. 

 

To elaborate on the food condition for the village, Len said that a mere 2 weeks was actually really manageable because the village had some fields for farming and some animals for meat. They also stocked some supplies in the village storage in anticipation of  a disaster and also for winter time. So other than everybody tip-toeing around, the village could function just like usual.

 

So what am I doing for those 2 weeks? Well, even though he made fun of me the Village Chief was actually a really good person. He let me stay at his house for a few days complete with two meals per day and even gave some old clothes that belonged to Len, his son (I can’t part with my pajamas and slippers so I didn’t throw it away). He also gave me a few information about the plains in the west, the plains was a pretty safe place to go to it seemed, the problem was to go there you still need to go through the forest (not that I have any problem with MiniGo’s help). 

 

Me: “Question!”

Len: “Shoot!”

Me:  “What about other races?”

Len: “Ah those guys? There are elves, dwarves, kobolds, gnomes, orcs, demons, mer-people, insectoids, and beast-people.“

 

Let’s condense the information again (according to Len):

  1. Human: Well, you know...
    • That’s me.
  2. Elf: Pointy- eared forest loving people
    • A race that usually can be found in some green areas
    • Some say they can speak to plants
    • Really good at magic
    • Some are a little prideful
  3. Dwarf: Stout people that likes metallurgy
    • Traditionalist 
    • Really tough (some will challenge you to punch them)
    • Drinks too much
    • Good at anything that involve hammer and hit
  4. Kobold: Lizard people that surprisingly diliigent \
    • Don’t say they’re short or they’ll punch you
    • Really smart at strategies and teamwork
    • Surprisingly family (tribe) oriented race
    • Maybe related to dragons
  5. Gnome: Adventurers
    • Good at engineering
    • Likes to travel the world
    • Looks unassuming but can kick your butt (I think this is from Len’s personal experience)
    • Really greedy, for KNOWLEDGE
  6. Orc: Big people with anger issue
    • Big scary people
    • Nice people as long as you don’t anger them
    • Used to be warmongers
    • Hated by many people but things started to change (Len haven’t met a lot of them)
  7. Demon: Horny people (they have horns)
    • Nocturnal race
    • Really diverse (from vampires to incubus)
    • Many work at medical fields 
    • Some say they are the first race
  8. Mer-people: Sea people
    • Lives at the sea
    • Rarely communicate with outside world
    • Eat everything raw
    • Really good at fashion
  9. Skywalkers : Birbs!
    • Bird people 
    • The creator of the post service
    • Comes in various sizes
    • Adrenaline junkies
  10. Beast-people: Animal + human hybrid
    • Really diverse like demons
    • Don’t grab their tails! (again, Len’s experience)
    • Some are really fluffy
    • Otherwise same as humans

That was a lot of information. I hope that I could meet them all eventually. I’m really curious about the culture of people of another world. But that’s for the future, for now, training time. 

2