[7] A Stroll
594 5 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

                          Location: Town Outskirts, Woodlands                                   Year: 1063 AD
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

( 'Childhood' a Modern-day concept which is clearly rather short in the Middle Ages, only existed in the lives of Nobles and wealthy people, and as for commoners, Childhood is harsh, brutish and almost non-existent, every kid is considered as a mini-adult doing all sort of chores at early ages, including unspeakable jobs. ) 

                                                                                                                                        

 

*Rustling Sounds*

 

Footsteps could be heard between dense woodland.

 

A young boy in his teens with ginger hair, wearing dirt-stained ragged clothes. He's carrying a small bundle of branches and most notably a wooden club.

 

Eyes searching all over the places for small branches that can be plucked/picked up rather than bigger branches since he can't afford to buy axe to chop bigger ones.

 

While searching for Firewood he still keeping an eye out for hostilities.

 

The boy turned around back as if he knew someone was there and asked, "Hey Claws, Why don't you help the old man with his goats instead of helping me?".

 

There was a blonde girl similar to the boy's age following him with vigilant of surroundings, "Like I would want to disappear like all those girls he hired before me" said the blonde vaguely having an Idea about their fates.

 

"Still I hate sharing the bowl with already meager oatmeal I get" the boy grumbled.

 

"That is the price for me watching your back," she said with resolute.

 

The boy could only sigh, His name is 'club' because of the club he's carrying and the girl is called 'claws' because of her past incident.

 

They are searching for Firewood so that they could exchange it for food or few coppers depending on who they sell to,

 

It is a dangerous work considering the source is ferocious beast forest, which kills few people every year either in woods or coming to town,

 

Once they finished collecting firewood, They were returning to the town only to be interrupted by a bunch of kids.

 

These kids are just like the pair, unwanted kids from either brothel or Commoners who abandoned them after fed them until they could barely know how to survive.

 

Their leader John, older than other kids, unlike other kids he has a name because his old man takes care of him from time to time and gave him little advice, 'steal from the weak' basic lesson that they learned from the start.

 

They wait for other kids who work and drink the fruit of their Labour with force. The strong get to eat while the weak starves.

 

The pair just frowned knowing that their breakfast can be stolen from them, both have their goods tied on their backs, the boy took his wooden club with a ready stance while the blonde took some stones that could be thrown.

 

The true hurdle is their leader john, the other minions of John don't look so well since the leader takes most and they can only lick the remains, which is evident by their visible ribs.

 

*Grumble* One of the minion's hunger is considered a signal for the beginning of the clash since no better indications were available.

 

"Waaah! Aaaah! *Mixed Roars*... ".

Both sides let out Battlecries but only significant voices stood out like John, Club, and Claws, while the minion's shoutings were unenthusiastic due to lack of energy.

 

Club and Claws took the sides and ran in opposite directions. the expected primitive battle didn't happen and it is expected since they can't afford to waste their energy like this.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

(POV: Aymar)

 

 

"...48,49 and 50!" Chelecsia cheered happily after I Finished my 50th sword swing.

 

'Sia always seems more energetic than me, Sometimes I wonder if this is signs of her becoming Yandere?'.

 

I washed my face of sweat and looked at the rippling reflection of my face in the water bucket, especially those silver eyes.

 

My Dad and brother have Dark blue hair and Dark Blue eyes, My mother with brown hair and brown eyes, but I have Dark blue hair and silver eyes.

 

Following the normal thought process, I should have either dark blue or brown eyes, but silver?

 

I didn't notice it before because we don't have any mirror and metal plates aren't as reflective you'd expect as in modern metallic wares, it barely has dull shininess without any reflective property.

 

A Mirror is some luxurious thing only queens and princesses can have, I even doubt whether they are even made from mercury coated, probably polished silver.

 

So people mostly groom with the help of servants and hoping that their judgment of aesthetics is within their line of thoughts.

 

Now back to my eyes, I understand that sometimes people have mutations like green eyes or heterochromia eyes in the rare cases that are understandable.

 

But considering that I reincarnated and having a unique trait, that none of my parents have, seems less of a coincidence, maybe it is one of reincarnator's traits, I have to check other reincarnators if I could come across some.

 

The sword I'm using to train is not a wooden sword, it's an iron sword sheathed for safety.

 

The First Lesson does not seem to be learning any technique or stance, its just letting me get used to the sword's weight for a while before teaching me any basics.

 

Also, I didn't start to learn swordplay voluntarily, It all happened when I gave my mom some Biscuits that I made, She glanced it for a second before turning her face scary and looked at me like I did something sinful, She threw my biscuits into the fireplace and started Spanking me so hard that I cried into asleep.

 

On the very next day, mom warned me not to tell anyone what I did and not to do anything similar again before leading me to training grounds where one of the trusted guards started giving me harsh training of sorts.

 

So yeah, Witchcraft is a thing where all new things are considered evil, I mean its not applicable for Commoners (Mostly) but being Nobles, It may give advantage to political rivals to paint us as evil and allies may turn into enemies in order to show that they are no longer associated with us. I'm glad that I decided to keep my operations as hidden, otherwise, everyone would have known.

 

'Oh Come on Church, I'm just trying to make some cookies here' I complained in my mind, This won't stop me from experimenting new things, actually, I'm now making 'Salt biscuits' since honey can't be squandered like I did before and it turned out very well, it would be even better if I had Tea to go with it, I also warned to Sia about witchcraft thingy, but her reaction was not within my expectation.

 

"I don't care since I'm not going to heaven anyway" she said as if it was very normal, 'yeah I forgot that you need to pay tithes to the church and also for baptizing, otherwise you can't go to heaven as per the Holy Church' and people like Chelecsia needed to work for the church for free and also need to pay tithes(10% of their income as tax after paying tax to the local lord) but they actually don't force people through violence, they just use scare tactics like visiting their house and say they will go to hell, imagine priest coming to your house saying "you'll go to hell if you don't pay your tithes". These People can be scared shitless easily not with physical force but in a psychological way.

 

I also learned that I was baptized after I was born, which cost my family a few digits, So my flight to heaven is Pre-Reserved?

'You Heathens dare preach me about Heavens? I've literally been and back, and I don't want to be reminded of how I got here!'.

 

On recalling my unpleasant memories of both coming here and that night's painful spankings made me slump down, the pain is still lingering on my buttox, 'But Still, she shouldn't have done that, Its too much for my childish Heart' I complained Clenching my fist.

 

"Aymar, why are you sad?" Sia asked, 'Sad? I'm not sad I'm angry idiot!' Cursed her in mind.

 

Ever Since mom's spanking session, I lost my happy-go-lucky attitude, "It's just a biscuit, but her reaction is too much, going overboard as to hit me like that", I'm Mad, Mad that my mom resorted to physical force rather other peaceful methods. Let me tell you what, I've been a good boy all these years not doing any mischievous things and this is my first time getting my bums beet red, which is a psychological slap to my good boy dignity, Unforgiveable!.

Say what you want but I'm mad and I'm not going to talk to my mom and I'm not going to smile to her again, I'm not throwing tantrum!,

 

This is 'Pure Hatred' and I shall take my Revenge by making her Sad!.

 

*Panting Heavily*

 

"Aymar are you alright?" Sia looked at me with a concerned face.

 

"Nevermind" Well at least she cares about my feelings, I comforted myself.

 

I've never been out of the castle before, maybe walking out for a while would clear my mind.

 

"Sia, why don't you show me around the town?", "Sure~".

 

I had a preconceived assumption that parents will prohibit their children from going out,

 

But Reality however no one stopped me passing the gates, hell even one of Gate Guards came with me for 'Assistance'.

 

My First Impression once I was out of Castle was 'People look like Shit'. The whole place looks like a slum, and people literally shit near their backyard so even the smell is unpleasant.

 

Even our servants look decent, sometimes clothes soiled but nothing this much, the commoner houses are made from thatch or mud or wood, only a few people have decent stone houses like blacksmith, butcherer, tanner, Miller, and Guards who go hunting with dad.

 

I noticed a familiar Dark blue hair walking away, That's my brother, I followed him to see what does a grown-up adult such as himself do in his daily life.

 

"Aymar, We shouldn't go there its a dirty place" "Young master you should not go there", my silent companion's sudden statement only solidified my suspicions.

 

There was a Tavern which also has a side door towards a wooden cottage which clearly has mostly females as its occupants. It is obvious as to what the building was,

 

"Why? is something wrong there?" I asked Sia to perceive her knowledge on 'that' department.

 

"I don't know Dad told me not to" she replied with uncertainty 'ok she seems innocent', I looked towards the guard "It's not good for young master's health", I was moved by his honest reply.

 

He's Vastel an interesting character, he knows most trivial and secret information like who's spouse is with whom, who killed whom and how they dealt with the corpse and stuff most people won't think (maybe they are just public info that I don't know) He's just sherlock holmes who knows culprit but doesn't act because there is no profit in it for him.

 

I halted my tracks when we were about to pass the local church, Honestly, it was just a single stone building with a pitched roof and graveyard at the back with no graves.

 

Again with the absence of using any form of colored glasses, maybe I shouldn't expect too much in a border town Barony.

 

If I want to make money from my plagiarised goods, then I need to have the church in my hands, maybe not in an oppressive way since people are superstitious and think of me as a devil and stuff if I go against them. Maybe If a priest becomes an ambassador for my products, It would definitely be secured from any witchcraft Allegations, but they may also want to take a bite in my margin, Still, I need to understand how the whole hierarchy works and make connections with the right people.

 

"Aymar, Do you want to go to church?" Sia asked as I starred at Church for a long moment, "Nope" they are the main reason I'm pissed and I'm not getting in there for the time being.

 

"Or young master wants to buy servants?" Vastel chimed in,

 

"Servants?" I questioned him to explain, "Church regularly takes in Orphans, and if some of them happend to be Beauties, the church will offer them to anyone who has the coins, And people who may Interested in them may take 'custody' for a price",

 

'Servants? is that how they refer to slaves from Church?, Oooh that is tempting but I have no need for it and even if I need it, I'm not sure whether I can even afford the price.

 

"How do you know?" I'm sure that he didn't just hear from word of mouth,

 

"Actually, Lord used to buy a few long time ago who are now working in the castle as maids", That explains why maids look decent than townspeople.

 

After watching more boring stuff in our shitty Barony, We decided to return for lunch, the reason we didn't eat out because nothing in this town is better than what is available in the Castle, On our way back something interesting caught my eyes,

 

A ginger boy and blonde girl, both look partly malnourished, they are running from a bunch of kids, their dresses were probably second-handed plus also ragged and the boy is carrying a wooden club, These guys haven't even graduated from stone age but still somehow surviving in middle ages, I can smell their stink from a mile away, But I can find some use from them,

 

Vastel blocked the path to not let those dirty slum kids bump into me which stopped both the chased and chasing party.

 

The Chasing party numbered five in total with only one seemed to have little flesh to cover his bones who kind of looks like Arnold in his teens.

 

My lips curled into a smile.

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

(POV: Mother)

 

 

I can't even properly concentrate on my work and I kept thinking about that, Aymar doesn't understand the seriousness of what he has done, maybe I shouldn't have spoiled him like that, what can I do?, he was such obedient and loving child I can't help but spoil him, His eyes being odd and this witchcraft if known to others, it would make it easy for other nobles to paint us as devils, enough to make the church go crusade on our barony.

 

Maybe I should have restrained his punishment a little, I never hit him all this time and suddenly getting hurt like that may have been little too much for him and he seems to be stopped smiling completely. I feel bad for him.

 

"My lady, Second Young Master has returned with some kids from slums this afternoon" Butler Reported.

 

'returned?, Does that mean he finally decided to explore beyond our Castle?, I do remember telling him to not go out of the castle when he tried to, but it when he was just four or five, I don't remember correctly and he oddly followed it until today'.

 

"Did you said kids from slums?", "Yes My Lady, he wants to employ them as servants and looking to accommodate them inside castle".

 

'Aymar, What are you up to now?', I sighed, stopping my work and asked the Butler "Where is he now?", "He returned to chambers after settling them".

 

After reaching his room, I could see him and Sia, I told Sia to leave so I could talk alone with my son, "Aymar, Why are you doing this?", he kept silent with a pouty face.

 

"Are you still mad at me for spanking you" he nodded subconsciously.

 

I crouched so I could see him face to face while caressing his chin, "Listen Aymar I know it hurt a lot you but it hurt mommy more to spank you in order to stop you from doing that".

 

Aymar suddenly got emotional started crying and speaking whiningly "Do you know how much honey *Sniff* I poured in it, I poured my *Sniff* soul into it but you just *Incomprehensible*...".

 

I pretended to understand his words while nodding and caressing his head to calm him down, he must put a lot of effort into that thing.

 

"Mommy's Sorry you know, and I would let you have a nap with me for compensation, so you should stop your random recruitments".

 

"NO! they are not related to that, I wanted to make them as Companions to help me train with ".

 

'Training helpers from slums  huh?', I ignored it and asked him more important question, "Now tell me why did you do that bread thing?", I seriously wanted to know why.

 

"Mommy, I know you work hard and also take care of me, I also wanted to let you know that I love you too, and that's why I wanted to make something special for you, but I didn't know that was it was wrong" he said the whole thing sheepishly and got teary-eyed at the end.

 

I simply hugged him between my chest as deep in me as possible, not wanting to let him go. No One ever said such a sweet thing to me, not even my own mother, how can I not love my boy.

 

By the time I could hear muffled sounds, I let him go realizing it might have affected his breathing,

"Mom I feel Weird" he complained innocently, I was surprised by a small tent formed on his pants which he tried to hide,

'You Little Rascal!, Chelecsia didn't even have her first mensuration, but You're already getting Hard?'' I just smiled bitterly before leading him to my room not knowing what this boy turn out to be.

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Full Status
General Attributes
Name Aymar D'kman HP 5 STM 6
Gender Male MP 6 STR 5
Age 5 SPD 6 WIS 5
    DEX 5 INT 5
Skills
Type Name Features
Passive [Info Processor] Lvl 2 [System], [Status], [Memory Replay], [Social Management] & [Mini-map]
Active - -

                           

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

                                [Social Management]
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Family List

- Annabelle D'kman (Mother)

- Payn D'kman (Father)

- Galeron D'kman (Brother)

 

Love Interests

- Annabelle D'kman

- Chelecsia

 

Personal Servants/Minions

- John

- Club

- Claws

- See (4) Others

 

House Servants

- Sauze (House keeper)

- Valter (head Butler)

- Gargan(Butler)

- Gracia (Maid 1)

- Harth (Maid 2)

- See (31) more house Servants

 

Strangers List

- ???? (Stranger 1)

- See (69) more Strangers

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

13