The Tremor in Once Peaceful Waves
212 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a distant, distant sea.

At the bottom of the sea bed, a powerful being, bordering the limits of humanity's legends had passed away.

Upon its death, two things happened at once.

First, its disappearance, or rather its final cry of defeat passed through many nautical miles. It broadcasted throughout the waters of the world in the form of ultra-sonar waves, an announcement that its ruler had passed on. The implications of such notice wouldn't happen immediately, but the waters were beginning to tremble everywhere, almost as if it was brooding... foreshadowing the events that would occur soon after.

For now, the stage returned to the latter of two occurences.

Yes, an oracle was divined.

It was a small orb of light, so small that it would drowned out in the darkness of the deep sea.

Slowly but surely, it floated up to the surface. Untouched by the myriads of strange, devilish creatures that inhabited these murky waters, the orb simply moved in its leisure, never stopping once despite being clawed multiple times now by those that tried to swallow and drown out its light. And with a concentration of these brutal abyssals, the cloud of red watery mist that appeared below shortly after was simply predetermined to happen. Springing off a dangerous cause and effect within these dark territories wasn't in the conscience of the orb of light, however, as it seemed to have little to no empathy for these creatures. Or perhaps it didn't have any conscious thought at all, seeing that it continued to move further and further away from the umbrage of waters.

Now the waters felt more peaceful and blue. The orb paused for a moment, and suddenly picked up in speed.

It sped up towards a certain direction without stopping.

How many minutes, hours, days... months did it take?

Eventually, it stopped—

Before a bed of anemone, the orb shrunk in size and slowly floated down onto a cluster of small eggs.

As it landed there safely, the radiance of the orb slowly dimmed, eventually turning into the appearance of the eggs around it. If only but a single difference on it, that was the stamp that read "Human soul delivered" on it in clear written English. Of course, it was natural that no one would be able to see it, as moments after the light had been deposited into the fish nest, the eggs all began to pop out one by one.

All except the one egg that remained. It was doubtful whether it housed any semblance of life, considering its origin.

However as if to prove the world wrong, the microbial egg twitched slightly from the inside.

Born from the light, the egg was now beginning to incubate life.

6