Xue Yang (iii)
2.5k 3 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The inside of the car was deathly quiet.

Feng Xinya had no interest in neither the protagonist nor the cannon fodder in the car as he laid his head back to rest his eyes and listen to Xiao flip out in his mind. The protagonist who sat in the middle of the trio, seeing that his handsome savior was not in the mood to say anything, couldn't muster up the courage to attempt anything in order to get closer to him. The cannon fodder was at the opposite end from Feng Xinya, not paying any attention to the others in the car as he faced the window, looking at the outside world flying by expressionlessly.

"What do we do ah! This is only our first mission and there is already an anomaly! Usually, in scenarios like these, the cannon fodder will counterattack the protagonist! You should probably get rid of him in case he becomes a hidden danger, Xinya!" To be honest, Xiao was being unreasonable. Feng Xinya's character was also categorized as cannon fodder, but his mission had practically nothing to do with overthrowing the protagonist.

Seeing that he was being ignored, Xiao kept pestering him until he was forced to stop when he felt the air surrounding him going cold.

"Shut up."

The protagonist who was just about to say something to lighten up the mood in the car felt his breath hitch in his throat, causing him to choke and cough haphazardly. As he coughed, little crystalline tears were squeezed from his eyes, the rims turning red and his cheeks flushing due to the strain. When his fit was finally over, he turned to glare at Feng Xinya with a wronged and aggrieved expression that could elicit tender feelings from others.

Too bad its effect was lost on Feng Xinya as he monotonously glanced at the protagonist to make sure he wasn't mortally wounded or dying before taking out the laptop that was in the seat compartment, dialing a number on his phone at the same time.

Before the person on the other line could say anything, Feng Xinya spoke.

"It's done."

Then, he hung up and put the phone back in his pocket. Turning to the cannon fodder who was clearly immersed in his own world, Feng Xinya voiced out with no room for objection,

"Name, age, parents, home address."

Without turning back, the cannon fodder already knew Feng Xinya was referring to him, "Xue Yang. 16."

The interior of the car once again fell silent. Noticing Feng Xinya's obvious displeasure at having the last two questions go unanswered, the protagonist happily piped in.

"Yang lost his memories! He only knows his name and age and how long he's been in the brothel." Intentionally or not, the protagonist placed much importance on the last two words as if emphasizing the fact that Xue Yang was no better than a prostitute.

"Oh! And! I'm Ye Xia! I'm 16 years old, and I am Ye Yao's son. My father's gonna be the president of B country soon!" He pridefully inserted.

"What's your name? Also, how old are you?" Ye Xia looked at Feng Xinya with extreme interest.

He was ignored, though, as Feng Xinya was no longer paying attention after finding out about Xue Yang's memory loss. He typed in Xue Yang's name and age into the secret forces database, trying to find out whatever information he could about him.

Seeing that there was nothing, he sent a message along with the name and age to one of his agents who was an expert at those kinds of things to dig up the obviously missing information. The database always had something on everyone, but it was as if Xue Yang didn't even exist. There were many boys in the world named Xue Yang who were sixteen, but none of them had an appearance like the one in the car.

He didn't have to wait long for a reply, "I'll get back to you when I find something."

Ye Xia was watching Feng Xinya and his laptop screen intently the entire time after being ignored. He was wondering what could possibly be more interesting than learning that you were sitting next to the president's heir!

At the sight of Xue Yang's name, he guessed Feng Xinya must have been suspicious of the other boy, otherwise why would he be looking for his information?

Feng Xinya's phone started vibrating. It was a call from his superior.

"Agent Feng, you will be tasked with housing Young Master Ye until Shadow has been taken care of. With the forces we have, it should take no longer than six months. Any objections?"

With his deep baritone voice, Feng Xinya respectfully and dutifully answered, "No, sir. However, he was not alone."

There was a long pause until the voice on the other side finally made a decision, "Agent Feng, you know that Shadow does not deal with ordinary people. Until we confirm the other kid's identity, you will take in both of them and ensure their safety. Understood?"

It was true. While Shadow was an underground criminal organization that dealt with many illegal businesses, they only abducted persons from prominent families. While Ye Xia was blatantly claiming that Xue Yang was not a fellow captive but a prostitute in the brothel, Feng Xinya felt that things weren't so simple.

Normally, he wouldn't care about such a small detail as it had absolutely nothing to do with him and even the original Feng Xinya could care less since it had nothing to do with his orders. But Xiao was right about one thing, and it was that Xue Yang was supposed to die. Now that he was alive, Feng Xinya didn't want anything unexpected to happen. Furthermore, it wasn't his decision to make on what to do with the extra mouth to feed. He simply told his superior that he picked up more than just the protagonist, and now that he was given the order to supervise both boys, he would have to comply unconditionally.

"Understood."

They both hung up with a beep, and he took a side glance at the protagonist who was all over him. Ye Xia was trying to listen in on the conversation, but he found out that he couldn't hear what the other party was saying at all. The phone his savior had was so high-quality! The soundproofing was exemplary!

Noticing that he was being eyed questioningly, he meekly smiled and obediently sat back in his seat.

Just as he was about to speak out again, the vehicle stopped and the driver interrupted him.

"We have arrived, sir."

If Ye Xia wasn't so busy trying to garner Feng Xinya's attention throughout the entire ride, he would have noticed that they were headed in the direction of the most expensive part of B Country where only those from A country could afford to stay in. Even his father, the president of B country could only dream of luxuriously spending his money like drinking water by booking a single night in one of the apartments, condominiums, penthouses, and suites in the area.

Yet, Feng Xinya had to move around from A country to B country so often that he just booked an entire suite to himself for an indefinite amount of time like it was worth no more than a piece of gum from a gumball machine.

That's why, when Ye Xia stepped out of the car to find himself in such a high-class neighborhood he was caught unprepared. His large blue-green doe eyes almost popped out of their sockets and his little mouth was opened wide in an O shape as he stood stupidly gawking at the skyrise buildings made entirely of black glass that stood who-knows-how-many-stories tall and the other priceless mansion resorts.

Without waiting for Ye Xia to come back to his senses, Feng Xinya strolled into the skyrise building and was greeted by the staff.

""Welcome back, sir.""

They were professional enough to realize that their tenant was not alone and did not make trouble for the other two boys who followed behind him.

By the time Feng Xinya reached the elevator to head to his floor, Ye Xia was already by his side, taking in large gasps of air as he ran the entire way trying to catch up while Xue Yang silently stood a small distance away.

When the elevator arrived, they all got in and Feng Xinya pressed the button to his floor--the fourth from the top.

Ye Xia saw that the floor they were headed to was only four floors from the top, where the top was always the most expensive floor to book in every case and was slightly disappointed. Though he tried not to show it, both Feng Xinya and Xue Yang had inadvertently noticed it but said nothing.

Trying to hide the slight dissatisfaction he felt, Ye Xia mused, "Mister, you are very well-off ah! Even my father would hesitate to book a floor here!"

Feng Xinya really felt nothing towards the protagonist's antics, but Xiao was cursing him in his mind.

"This @^%*$#^ gold-digger! Also, stop eyeing my host, ah! Thirsty &#%*@! Know your place or this great granddaddy will show you the way!"

The elevator finally stopped after a few minutes and the sight they were met with was a muted living room with simple but refined furnishing. The black leather sofa had a steel frame and those with perceptive eyesight and knowledge could see that it was actually made by the most famous furniture designer in D country, Frutz Hanson. That sofa along with the other furniture in the room were presumably an entire set made by the same designer exclusively for Feng Xinya.

As he strode into his own home and languidly laid down on the sofa, Feng Xinya drawled with his eyes closed, "You won't be leaving this place for the next six months, so you are free to roam all the floors in the suite. Rooms are on the second floor, the one at the end is mine. Choose one. And get yourselves cleaned up."

With that, he threw his extra notebook tablets that were previously resting cozily on the matte black coffee table at the two boys. Ye Xia frantically tried to catch it while Xue Yang had caught his with ease. When they looked down at the unlocked screens, there was a catalog of clothes, shoes, electronics, and furniture displayed, as well as carry-out menus from various restaurants.

"Um, mister? Does this mean..?" Ye Xia couldn't hide his excitement at being able to buy whatever he wanted. Also, he just heard Feng Xinya say "all the floors," meaning he had booked more than just one floor in this extravagant building!

Xue Yang finally glanced--albeit briefly--at Feng Xinya before wordlessly walking up the stairs to the second floor carrying the notebook.

Afraid that Xue Yang would steal the room closest to his savior from him, Ye Xia immediately ran up after him to claim it before he could.

 

 

 

I totally didn't forget to throw in some images. Will put up Xue Yang's in part vi.

Feng Xinya (24) 

Feng Xinya (24) 

Ye Xia (16) 

Ye Xia (16) 

47