Xue Yang (x)
1.8k 5 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Feng Xinya didn't realize that his emotions had once again caused a red storm raging within his hazel eyes. So when he opened the door to face the thin smaller boy in front, the boy was temporarily awestruck.

Xue Yang unconsciously lifted a hand and before both of them realized his thumb was already caressing the corner of Feng Xinya's left eye.

Feng Xinya didn't react, as he knew the boy had no ill intent. His long black lashes fluttered as he slightly lowered his lids to watch the pale white boy below whose head barely reached his chest.

Then, as if finally realizing what he was doing, Xue Yang stiffened so that his hand remained frozen in place.

He blinked, "Sorry."

Awkwardly taking his hand back, Xue Yang wasn't sure where exactly to place it around his side or what position his hand should be in; balled into a fist, open, or curled fingers? He looked very lost and confused, his pale green eyes remained fixed on his pink toes as if they were the most interesting things in the world.

The last of the red tinge in his eyes finally went away as Feng Xinya's turbulent emotions were quelled. He leaned against the door frame, waiting for Xue Yang to state his business.

"Are you okay?" The platinum blonde boy softly asked, the jade orbs tinged with faint concern as he tilted his head slightly sideways.

Feng Xinya had been going downstairs every night for the past four months and it was only that night that he had decided against it. At first Xue Yang really didn't put much thought into it as he wasn't even sure why the older man was accompanying him in the first place.

However, as perceptive as he was, he knew that Feng Xinya had an underlying reason for accompanying him the past nights.

He would be hard pressed to believe that with the type of man Feng Xinya was none of the actions he took would possibly be for no particular reason.

Scrutinizing the boy in front of him thoughtfully, Feng Xinya brought his gaze to the fidgeting fingers at his side.

Feng Xinya was originally worried about becoming too accustomed to the peacefulness of this world. Now that he was faced with Xue Yang, the feeling immediately resurfaced and his resolve to speed up the mission progress only strengthened.

He wanted to return to his own world so he wouldn't forget reality. He couldn't forget it.

After all, even if he completed the mission, he'd still be forced to stay in his own world so what was the point in becoming comfortable in such a fantasy?

As his suspicion regarding Xue Yang's identity was substantially backed, he thought it was about time for the boy to regain his memories, since his own team was still having troubles finding out on their own.

"Go to sleep," he brought his large palm to the platinum locks as always, the cloudy feeling as light and calming as ever.

Seeing that there were no longer any abnormalities within Feng Xinya, Xue Yang turned around and left for his own room without a glance back.

Once he closed the door, Xiao hesitated before asking Feng Xinya, "If you really want, there is a function that you can use as soon as you complete this world."

When he observed their interaction just now, Xiao was able to detect to some extent what had been on his host's mind.

It was quite complex, really. While Xiao wanted his host to be happy, he also understood that the happiness that he would experience would only be temporary. It was akin to offering a child candy only to take it all back after he already tore open the wrappers.

While the world and its people were real, that only meant that because the people were real there were only one of them in the entire multiverse. This wasn't some system novel where the host could travel the worlds with a lover, ah!

Feng Xinya didn't really care about the so-called "happiness." He just didn't want unnecessary feelings or emotions interfering with his original life.

He was already aware that he was growing accustomed to the boy's presence. Even though Xue Yang was empty in terms of dreams and goals, he was pure and untainted in the sense that he really had no ulterior motives. Because that boy was empty, he desired nothing.

And those who desired nothing were the least threatening to Feng Xinya. It was only after having spent some time with Xue Yang that Feng Xinya realized how weary he was after growing up in his own environment.

But he was scared. It was the first time he felt that way. It was just a small lump at the moment but because he had never experienced such a feeling before, it was magnified by a few digits.

The mission world was a temporary thing. Showing a sign of weakness--even for only a split second--was enough for him to exploit him. And Feng Xinya already hated his inferior position currently, how could he allow that man another advantage over him?

"Explain," he glanced down at the silver cross.

"It's not the healthiest thing in the world...but I can..." the silver cross hesitated again because he knew how much his host hated topics regarding the mind and psychology.

"Speak," Feng Xinya wasn't so unreasonable as to throw Xiao again if he said something that displeased him, since he was the one to push the system to explain in the first place.

Xiao sighed, "I won't have a direct hand in this. It will be you, yourself. You can choose to omit certain parts of your memory after each world. It was a failsafe for previous hosts who could not bear to part with the worlds they had grown particularly fond of. Of course, it isn't permanent if you don't want it to be.

"The only problem is that once you choose the option to forget, you won't be able to remember any of the worlds until the last one. After the completion of each world, you will have the option to either keep or store the memories you gained in that world. You will see once this mission is complete.

"After completing the last world, you have the option to either forget all of the memories forever or to regain them all at once. Do you understand?"

Xiao didn't think about mentioning this to Feng Xinya before as he wasn't familiar with what his bottom line was in the beginning. Actually, he was under the impression that Xinya was an unfeeling and bloodthirsty monster.

But after these few months together Xiao understood that his host was also human once; he was extremely touchy when it came to anything regarding psychology, whether it be the state of his own mind or someone else infiltrating and manipulating it.

Perhaps it was trauma, or he could just be extremely paranoid. Maybe it was both.

Xiao personally disapproved of this method as it was as he said, unhealthy. Was it not just running away from the things that one should confront?

Actually, when Feng Xinya heard the description he also frowned and wanted to deny the usage of such methods as well. However, when that man's face appeared in his mind again, he felt that even if he was called a coward he would employ the function as soon as he completed the mission.

It wasn't a matter of morals anymore, but rather survival and biding time. He could just retrieve the memories after having disposed of his enemies. That was the safest way for himself.

42