Chapter 1 – [Day 1] – “Huh…”
51.4k 71 579
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

∼ Day 1 ∼

 

"Urgh, what the hell..."

 

"My body feels all kinds of wrong, did somebody hit me with a truck?"

 

In the groggy haze that encompassed my mind, I slowly attempted to open my eyes. Wait... that might not be all that correct. For some reason, I couldn't feel my eyelids.

 

"What in the...?"

 

Trying to shake the drowsiness from my mind, I instinctively groaned as I usually did when waking up after having had a particularly deep bout of sleep. But to my astonishment, there was no sound produced, or rather there was no feeling of response from my body when tried to use my throat.

 

"Okay, what is going on here? I'm not in some kinda coma, am I?" I thought despondently.

 

Luckily, my vision finally came slowly returning back to me, however, it only managed to alleviate a small amount of my worry before giving way to a whole new slew of questions. Something about my field of vision was seriously way off. I was rather confident that my field of vision usually didn't extend to a full 360-degree angle.

 

"By the way, why do my surroundings seem so... gigantic? Yeah, all of this makes no sense." I pondered cautiously, if not a bit curiously.

 

As if to answer my befuddlement, a series of prompts all of a sudden invaded both my sight and mind.

 

[Soul Forging - Completed!]

[Seed Transferrance - Successful!]

[Welcome to Eve]

[Congratulations! you've received 2 traits as blessings from your anonymous sponsor.]

[Skill - Limit Breaker has been added to the skill list]

[Skill - Skill Shop has been added to the skill list]

[Status]

 

Status
Information Attributes
Traits. Titles. and Skills
-Name- "???" STR 0 Skills 3
-Race- Glade Mosquito VIT 0 Traits 3
-Sex- Male AGI 2 Titles 0
-Rank- K- DEX 1 Skillpoints 1
-Level- 1/3 INT 12 Resistances
Health 1/1 CHR 0 Physical Resistance 0
Stamina 1/1 WILL 11 Magical Resistance 0
Mana 0/0 MAG 0 Mental Resistance 5

 

Taking in everything, one step at a time, my mind began running through all the information to slowly form a response of the utmost ability of my twelve points in intelligence.

 

...

 

"Huh..."

 

...

 

I know, I know. That probably wasn't the most appropriate response to such a situation for any human, oh excuse me, former human. I suppose most people would probably have freaked out or screamed in righteous indignation at the ludicrousness of the situation.

 

But I honestly couldn't help myself, as instead, all this seemed rather interesting and exciting to me.

 

For my whole nineteen years of life, I've not really done anything with my life, simply going with the flow of society and lived my days out like any other person. But with an uncommon amount of time spent just drifting about I've begun to lose motivation to do... really anything...

 

I'm simply a wholly ordinary and average guy, in no way special or impressive which had always been a great regret of mine. Not being particularly handsome, smart, talented, or a hard-worker, I honestly lost all motivation to do pretty much anything worthwhile since I didn't truly find any purpose in living a life that meant nothing in the grand scheme of things.

 

Not saying that I'm suicidal or some kind of nihilist, I simply had resigned myself to live out that life of mediocrity, finding whatever interests I could to keep myself going in my utterly boring and uninteresting life.

 

So instead I ended up being drawn to fantasy like a moth to a flame.

 

The only escape I found in my previously mundane life was fantasy in any form. Now, seemingly reborn in a brand new world, I honestly couldn't be happier. For the first time in my life, I supposedly had the opportunity to do something I truly found interesting. Sure I was going to miss my mom, dad, and little sisters, but other than that I had no other attachments to my old life than them and wasn't leaving anything else behind.

 

"I'm... simply going with the flow."

 

Finishing resolving my thoughts, I looked around to properly take in my surroundings. It was daytime and I looked to be at the entrance of some kind of giant cave - uh, probably normal-sized cave.

 

"Ugh, I still have to get used to my new size now - I guess..." I cursed inwardly, although appreciative of getting another opportunity to right my regrets, annoyed at the fact of what seemingly lackluster tools I had been given as a start.

 

Going back to that prompt again, I read that specific line about 'blessings' and 'sponsor'. I doubted that me suddenly being transferred across worlds into the body of a... mosquito, had been by mere coincidence, so it made sense that someone had been behind it.

 

Then now, it stood to question; just who exactly was this sponsor of mine?

 

But just as I thought that the sudden surprise of another prompt popping into existence within my mind took me off-guard.

 

[Message from your Sponsor]

[Okay, listen here kid. I spent no small amount of effort and resources in bringing you here. Especially paying for those damnable safe-guarded Soul Forges. For this small world, I've practically offered you heaven's gifts with those two blessings to give you a leg above anyone on this planet, so don't go off dying and wasting all my hard work.]

[Else, I'll personally damn well travel all the way to the lower planes to simply to re-capture your soul, torment it to eternity, rip it apart into quintessence itself, and disperse your conscious in the plane of despair and madness.]

[Ahem - anyway, all I'm asking of you is to climb to the peak of this world and do so spectacularly - alright?]

[The higher you reach before the deadline, the better rewards will lay in wait for you. With these blessings, you'll find yourself in a rapid rise to power with that innate potential of yours, beyond anything that these natives can achieve in such a short time. However, that in no way shape, or form does that mean that you're invincible so don't you dare go off biting off more than you can chew.]

[Else you know... soul obliteration and all...]

 

For a long stunned moment, the silence stretched. 

 

"Okay..." I hesitated as I read over the dubious and ominous message of this mysterious sponsor of mine.

 

"Don't die, noted." Nodded with a small bob of my beady head, not particularly interested in finding out what 'soul obliteration' would feel like.

 

"But what deadline? Hey - you didn't give me any!" I shouted mentally, in hope of maybe getting another of those prompts, but none came.

 

I let out a mental sigh, having not even the slightest idea of why I, a beyond ordinary young guy, had been apparently kidnapped by this dubious being. The note spoke of 'innate potential' but what the hell was that supposed to mean? There wasn't really anything to speak home to of when it came to me, but for some reason, I had been picked out to be dropped off in another world and then blessed.

 

No matter how much I thought about it, nothing made sense, so I quickly stopped trying to reason the actions of being clearly beyond my pay-grade.

 

Returning to what was at hand, it would seem even though my field of vision has now grown to a full 360-degree angle, my vision had actually been severely shortened in return. I could see about three or four meters out before everything started becoming blurred, and it was only movement that seemed to be easily registered further out than that initial range.

 

"So... what now?" I wondered curiously.

 

I supposed that I was in a desperate need of information so I went back to my status. But I wondered how I could even get it to appear again? Going through a number of different possibilities, my mind quickly went back to the prompt that had first greeted me.

 

-Status!- I shouted in my mind and the very next second my wish came true.

Status
Information Attributes
Traits. Titles. and Skills
-Name- "???" STR 0 Skills 3
-Race- Glade Mosquito VIT 0 Traits 3
-Sex- Male AGI 2 Titles 0
-Rank- K- DEX 1 Skillpoints 1
-Level- 1/3 INT 12 Resistances
Health 1/1 CHR 0 Physical Resistance 0
Stamina 1/1 WILL 11 Magical Resistance 0
Mana 0/0 MAG 0 Mental Resistance 5

 

Looking over the information again, I realized that quite a few things that didn't make any sense. How the hell could I have zero strength, vitality, and zero in other stats like that? So I simply decided to prompt the system in hopes of getting a response.

 

-Hey! I'm why do I have zero strength?- I tried calling out in mind.

[You don't have 0 strength]

 

Immediately after my question, the prompt answered my question to my immense joy, but it confused me at first.

 

"Huh? How can that be it says on the- oh..." I suddenly realized.

 

My attributes that say zero on my status probably are less than one but not less or equal to zero. Taking a few seconds to formulate my next question, I then asked the prompts or whatever entity it was that made the prompts another question.

 

-Who are you?-

[I'm the system]

 

"Okay... like a video game?" I wondered curiously.

 

-Can I customize my status?-

[Yes, to a certain extent]

 

"Since I'm a mosquito, my stats must be ridiculous low, maybe even below that of whole numbers..."

 

-Can you please display my statistics that are below one and above zero, with two decimals?-

[Status]

 

Status
Information Attributes
Traits. Titles. and Skills
-Name- "???" STR 0.12 Skills 3
-Race- Glade Mosquito VIT 0.09 Traits 3
-Sex- Male AGI 2 Titles 0
-Rank- K- DEX 1 Skillpoints 1
-Level- 1/3 INT 12 Resistances
Health 1/1 CHR 0.05 Physical Resistance 0.02
Stamina 1/1 WILL 11 Magical Resistance 0.00
Mana 0/0 MAG 0.02 Mental Resistance 5

 

"Success! But... t-those are some depressingly low stats. I'm a mosquito after all and I shouldn't have any high expectations I guess, but damn."  I sighed mentally.

 

"Hmmm... My intellect and will are very high compared to every other stat, the reason most likely because my mind being that of a human." I rationalized.

 

To be sure though, I asked the system.

 

-System, why is my will and intellect so high compared to my other stats?-

[Because your soul and mind is that of a human]

 

It was as I thought. Although I had no idea how my intellect that required the size of a human's brain could be crammed into my current diminutive form of a mosquito, I simply wrote it off as magic being magic and began looking over my status once again.

 

While I could guess what my attributes meant, I still pulled up the information about them to be completely sure.

 

STR - Strength: Determines the physical power that can be exerted by the body.

 

VIT - Vitality: Determines health, toughness, the resilience of the body to things like poison, and other aspects.

 

AGI - Agility: Determines mostly speed and other similar aspects.

 

DEX - Dexterity: Determines the flexibility, grace, balance that can be performed by the body.

 

INT - Intellect: Determines not knowledge, but the brain and the mind's ability to process and comprehend information, such as sensory input and thinking.

 

CHR - Charisma: Governs the individual's ability to affect another individual's mental state and mind in a multitude of ways.

 

WILL - Will: Determines the individual's mental fortitude and strength.

 

MAG - Magic Power: Determines not the mana of the individual but rather the body's ability to conduct mana and the power of said mana.

 

Physical Resistance: Determines the body's ability to defend against physical damage.

 

Magical Resistance: Determines the body's ability to defend against magical damage.

 

Mental Resistance: Determines the mind's ability to defend against mental attacks and influence.

 

Rank: An estimate of the power level of the individual.

 

After clearing up on those, I pondered my next question.

 

-How come I don't have a name listed?-

[Monsters do not have a name until an individual of enough power or significance names them or a greater amount of individuals collectively recognize you by a certain alias. To monsters, names hold both small and great significance.]

 

"Huh, a bit vague, but interesting to say the least." I acknowledged. "Now to my skills."

 

-Skills!- I shouted in my mind fervently.

 

....

 

Nothing happened.

 

Feeling rather embarrassed for no apparent reason, I made a mental cough to clear my mind.

 

-Umm skill list?- Immediately after that though, a list popped up.

Skill list
Name Type LVL
-Flight- Transport 1
Enhanced speed and maneuverability
-Puncture- Attack 1
Increased penetration
-Smell- Sensory 1
Enhanced smell capabilities

 

"Hmm, nothing amazing, next to the traits."

 

-Trait list!-

Traits
Name
-Siphon-
A natural ability of monster-type mosquitoes. Consuming blood provides the user with EXP and attribute increases.
-Skill shop- NEW
A unique trait that provides the user with skill points at each level and allows the user to use the system to open a shop, where they can purchase skills with said skill points.
-Limit breaker- NEW
A unique trait that allows the user to be unhindered by the limitations of levels, evolutions, and skills.

 

"Uhhh..." I droned off.

 

While I had no reference point to any of these traits, each one seemed powerful or just extremely useful.

 

Without any accidents of me getting myself blown by a gust of wind and dying a depressing death of insect paste due to my puny one point of health;

 

I think I might just reach the peak of what this world had to offer...

579