Chunhua’s Visit 1
1.8k 3 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stepping out, Hongyue's eyes were met with an empty courtyard. The third prince was nowhere to be seen. Did he leave? Without her permission? Was he not entertained by the scenery she set? Hongyue frowned slightly, her mood sank. Oh well, it didn't matter; people had mouths for a reason. Someone was bound to reveal the past.

However, a slight streak of black coming from a nearby tree swiftly caught Hongyue's eyes. She smirked, appears like that stone-faced pervert didn't leave entirely. The third prince must have arranged a little investigation on the general today and discovered it linked to her. His information gathering was undoubtedly fast.

Impressive.

Hongyue smiled slyly but didn't bother to expose the shadow guard observing on her. If he wanted to watch, he had to be ready to stomach it first. She paced unwaveringly on the stone pathway, brutally crushing an arm of a corpse in her way with her foot. The sharp cracking of bones penetrated into the air, yet she bore no emotion on her expression, merely putting an indifferent expression as if everything else was beneath her.

Black, who was on the tree, felt chills almost like freezing fingers were rubbing up against his back. The shadow guard could feel his blood hammering in his ears, and his heart dampened. He had survived through the worst scenes imaginable in the palace's power conflicts, but he never witnessed something like this; a girl crushing apart someone's else bones to pieces with no emotion in their eyes.

He gulped. He was ordered to watch over the eldest miss by the third prince and record anything unusual concerning her. Now, he unquestionably ached to swear.

Unusual?!!

The whole person was abnormal. What was normal about her at all?

He exercised in a long breath and attempted to calm his mind. Although he knew General Wei found Hongyue to possess no elemental influence, Black was still somewhat unsettled. After all, all the surviving servants noticed that Hongyue barely said a few words before General Wei's went crazed with bloodlust, so there was no way this miss could be simple. Not just that, he overheard the conversation where she declared she was a ghost to the third prince. Even if the third prince didn't care about spirits, Black did. The shadow guard trained his eyes away.

Hongyue stooped down and concentrated on braiding the hair of a female corpse composedly, seemingly anticipating someone. Bored, she began to count in her mind: One, Tw-

"Move it! I'm going to see that stupid wretch!" A shrill voice snarled out.

Oh~ This second sister of hers was quick.

"But Second Miss, the general said Eldest Miss was wounded and should not be disturbed," Another voice breathlessly followed.

"Disturb? My very appearance is gracing that good-for-nothing, she should appreciate me for even coming. How am I disturbing her?!" The first voice snapped back.

Chunhua was extremely upset. She was awakened up high in spirits believing she would hear the pleasant news of Hongyue's death. Alternatively, she was delivered a serve warning for harming Hongyue from her father, along with the devastating news of the fourth concubine's death. Chunhua couldn't accept it. She remembered her father portrayed affectionately to Hongyue, but he never actually outrightly prevented anyone if they attempted to bully her. Hongyue was just given an empty title, so what changed this time?

The Fourth Madam was similar to her aunt, someone intelligent and untouchable. Considering the mistress didn't have any children of her own, she always has taken Chunhua as her own. From a young age, the fourth madam created the appearance of a motherly figure for Chunhua. The second miss sensed her heart dropped before anger took over her mind.

A mere useless 'normal' was suddenly gaining favor while her beloved aunt was faced with a tragic end. How could she be willing to believe it? So Chunhua had raced over as promptly as possible to witness it for herself.

Chunhua hurried through the gate door and stopped abruptly, aghast. The blood drained from her face as she took in the horrifying display. Her fingers quivered.

"Miss plea-" Following her, the servant ultimately caught up and halted in shock. The old abandoned courtyard was eerily tranquil, with lifeless bloodied corpses sowed throughout the yard.

Chunhua's legs gave out from the fear, and she collapsed into her servant. Both of them tumbled to the ground. Hearing the noise, Hongyue raised her head and met Chunhua eye to eye.

"Second sister!" Hongyue greeted out in sing-song rhyme. She got up and sought to hug Chunhua. But how could a spoiled second miss ever let a bloody tainted useless waste touch her?

The second miss came back to her senses and elbowed Hongyue away, "Get off!"

Hongyue fell to the ground, her body pancaking on top of a corpse. A slight crackle could be heard from the fall as the ribs of the carcass broke under Hongyue's weight, but Hongyue didn't seem to notice. Nevertheless, Chunhua's servant felt dizzy hearing the sound before she suddenly fainted.

Hongyue tipped her head in question, and uncertainty called out, "Sister?"

Chunhua despised hearing Hongyue's innocent voice, "Don't call me sister! I'm not the sibling of a worthless trash like you."

45