Chapter 18: Unexpected Situation
830 2 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s now been a week since the arrival of Igneel and the rest.

The other two dragons, their foster children and their teacher, the celestial mage Anna Heartfilia, was expected for today.

All preparations for their arrival were finished and they were now just waiting for their arrival.

If not for the fact that Aversia and Zeldaris would release another part of their dragon side today.

Most villagers were excited, since they would probably not gain another chance at witnessing this event.

As for the two half dragons in questions, they were in a surprisingly rare bad mood.

The reason for this was the many failed attempts at molding the physical form of their flames.

No matter how much they tried they were unable to change the form of their flames.

In other words, they were just walking flame throwers that could spew and punch with fire.

Even when summoning their flames in their surrounding id did not change.

But the two of them came up with a few spells none the less.

Aversia created a spell that she called ‘Dancing Lights’, where she would summon multiple flames in the air.

The flames were not much bigger than a campfire.

But the fact that Aversia was able to summon up to a hundred of them and able to control all of them, the range of control varied at the number of flames, made it quite versatile.

The only downside was the range, if in direct control, Aversia could control them up to a twenty meters radius away from her.

She was also able to fire her flames like a projectile, by doing this they would gain quite a long range and explode when getting in contact with something, but she would lose control over the flame.

Zeldaris came up with two spells ‘Territory’ and ‘Flame Mail’.

‘Territory’ was a spell where Zeldaris would cover the land in a ten-meter radius around him with his grey flames.

Every enemy that would step into it would burn to ash, while he and Aversia would be unhurt.

‘Flame Mail’ was a fancy word for covering your entire body in flames, because that’s exactly what it does.

The Flames would not hurt Zeldaris in any way and would be a spear and a shield at the same time.

That all seems a little underwhelming, but their flames were not normal.

They were draconic flames and the grey flames had also the characteristic that even beings with fire resistance had a hard time with them.

But even the new spells didn´t change their moods, even more so when they realized that they would be unable certain fire dragon slayer moves, such as sword edge.

After realizing this, they tried even harder, but to no avail.

Which ended in their current bad mood.

 

They were sitting on top of the arena int the city center and looked gloomy.

Irene was standing behind them and looked at the people that surrounded the platform.

Almost the entire village came to see this.

Challot, Emrissen, Belserion and Vulcan stood right under the platform.

Igneel and Metalicana were sitting at the edge of the plaza.

As for Natsu and Gajeel, they were sitting atop their foster parents.

Wendy, Tia and Grandene, the trio that was only seen together, were not present.

“Are you two ready?”, asked Irene

“As ready as we can be I suppose?”, said Zeldaris while looking at Aversia, who in turn just shrugged her shoulders.

“Well than let´s get started.”

Irene put her hands above their heads, closed her eyes and concentrated.

It took her not even a second to arrive before the seals.

The seals ere a giant marble.

Inside the marbles were the draconic side of Aversia and Zeldaris.

The energy was raging inside like an ocean, shades of grey were dancing inside the energy.

Irene could never get used to this sight, to her it looked like a trapped force of nature, that was only waiting for it´s chance of escape and destroying everything in its surrounding.

As she was lifting the seal, she started to feel like she was being watched.

At the beginning she thought that it was just her imagination, but with every passing second, the feeling grew stronger, together with her fear.

When she could not bear it any longer and wanted to stop, she noticed something.

A pair of glowing golden eyes, in both marbles, were looking at her.

Irene was frightened and took a step back, but while doing so, kept eye contact with the two pair of eyes.

(AN: ok, I am going to write this as if happening to one person and not to two at the same time at two places, because this is getting confusing and annoying and yes I know that was my idea. Just imagine that this is happening at two places at the same time. OK? Thanks!)

After trying to calm down, she noticed that the eyes were not looking at her with malice or anger, but rather with confusion and curiosity.

Irene gathered her courage and walked back to the marble, in order to strengthen the seal again, but the second she touched it, broke the seal and the energy flew outside like a giant wave.

Irene closed her eyes, but nothing happened.

The energy flew right past her and didn´t even touched her.

When she opened her eyes again could she not believe her eyes.

The seal was only slightly damaged, and most of the draconic power was still inside the seal.

The question was how much power escaped and why didn’t it destroy the seal completely, it was strong enough and had the perfect opportunity for it?

Irene could not answer how much had escaped, but she could feel that it was much more than she had planned to release.

As for the second point, she had no idea whatso ever and didn´t plan on thinking about it.

She had no time to waste on this.

She quickly repaired the seal and called her astral self´s back.

The second they came back, jumped Irene away from Aversia and Zeldaris and not a second to soon.

Because the second she jumped away, grey flames enveloped both Aversia and Zeldaris.

What more, this time the flames were much stronger, and Irene had to get away immediately, because she couldn´t handle the heat alone.

Belserion rushed to her side and helped her to get away.

Challot, Emrissen and Vulcan were only shortly behind Belserion.

“What happened Irene?”, asked a worried Emrissen.

“There was something inside their sealed side. I don´t know what and if it was the same thing inside both of them and or if it was separate beings?”, said Irene.

“But there is something strange about them. They had in both cases the best chances to completely destroy the seals and yet they only damage them a little bit and left most of the draconic sides inside the seal. They also didn´t attack either of my astral projections.”

Challot, Emrissen and Vulcan could not fully understand what Irene meant with it and could only stare the flame covered bodies of Zeldaris and Aversia.

What none of them realized was that Aversia and Zeldaris were no longer in control other their own bodies.

They were trapped inside their minds and before them was a wall of grey flames and in the middle of it was a pair of golden eyes looking at them.

“We greed you descendent of our blood.”, said two pairs of ancient voices to the two half dragons.

The voices were so loud and powerful that the two of them were barely able to withstand it.

“Two half-bloods, born between the union of man and dragon. For the first time since our death, there is someone who finally can wield our might and they are half breeds. How disappointing.”

Hello there, thank you very much for reading and i hope you enjoed it.

First of all i am happy to anounce that i should be able to write 2 chapters a week for the next 6 weeks.

They should come out around friday or saturday, i will see.

I would have made another chapter this week, but i was stuck at a youth hostel 2,7 km away from the shool and everytime i wanted to write, something or someone came between it.

But next week i a have a room in the internat.

Some of you might have some ideas of what i have planed and i swear it is not something like in 'One Piece: Harem King'.

Anyway i see you all in the next chapter, bye. 

27