Chapter 38: Mysterious hot spring
782 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aversia and Zeldaris had no idea what the master wanted to talk about and why he wanted to talk to them in his office.

When they arrived at the office, Makarov was standing before his desk and was waiting for the two to arrive.

The two half dragons closed the door and stood before the master.

“Its only been a short while since you joined the guild and I am happy that you two started to form bonds with the other members of the guild. But that’s not what I wanted to talk about. I know that the two of you have your own secrets, many members have their own secrets as well and I would never try to know them all, unless they want to tell me themselves. But in your case I have to ask me that you tell me what it is that is being sealed inside you.”

Aversia and Zeldaris were surprised that Makarov was able to sense the seal inside them.

Its actually quite difficult to sense the seal inside Aversia and Zeldaris, because it required really keen senses in magic to pick any signs of the seal in the first place and it took Makarov quite some time to sense it.

“It’s not that I don´t trust you two, but I am responsible for the safety of everyone in this guild and what I felt inside those seals was strong enough to destroy the whole kingdom. Please tell me otherwise…”

Aversia and Zeldaris understood what Makarov meant and agreed with him and of course they would tell him as much as they could, but they were interested what the otherwise option was.

Being thrown out off the guild and or handed over to the Magic Council would be something that they were expecting, but Makarovs following words were something that they never expected.

“Otherwise, I won´t be able to help you. What? You thought that I would kick you out of the guild. Hahaha This guild is a family and every single member is like my child, including you two and there is no decent parent that would look the other way when their children have problems.”

We really did join a great guild didn´t we, is what the two half dragons thought.

Without saying a single word, both of them started to transform back into their true form and used Requip magic to change back into the damaged pants from yesterday.

Makarov was only slightly surprised when the two started to transform before him, but what truly surprised him was that their magic became like that inside the seals.

“Master there is something that you must know, the two of us are not completely human, but half dragons.”, said the two of them in unison.

 They then started to explain to the master as much as they could and Makarov listened to everything that they had to say, without saying a single word.

“And that´s about it, but seriously we would have told either way, it´s not like we tried to hide it or anything, just very difficult to find the right time to explain it.”, said Aversia at the end of their explanations.

“Hahaha Yeah, made my whole speech kind of pointless didn´t it. Still, to think that you two were half dragons, that is something that I would have never guessed. We should go back down, since there is nothing else to discuss, but if there is anything do not hesitate to ask for help and I don´t mean just me but also everyone in this guild.”

The three walked back down again, everyone else was looking at them filled with curiosity.

Makarov jumped onto the railing again and said, “Aversia and Zeldaris will accompany me to the next meeting of the guild masters.”.

The others began to talk with one another, because their master didn´t really like to take some one with him to the meetings of the guild masters.

The magic council had to cooperate with the guilds and vice versa, that is why they decided to split each country into multiple regions and the guild masters of the same region would meet together in regular intervals.

On these meetings, they would discuss the current situation of their region, the new tasks and rules from the magic council and how they would be implemented and other things.

The result of the meetings would then be sent to the magic council or someone that worked for the council would be present at the meetings.

As for how often they were held, at least once a month and every guild master were required to attend the meetings and only with very good reason where you allowed to skip the meeting.

The guild masters were allowed to bring up to two members of their guild with them, but nowadays it was mostly done to show off.

Makarov didn´t really like to take other people with him to these meetings, which is why it was such a surprise that he announced that he would take Aversia and Zeldaris with him.

Zeldaris and Aversia were surprised about it, since Makarov didn´t tell them, but they were also quite curios and asked where these meetings were held, the answer was both surprising and ironic, because the meetings of this region were held in Clover Town and the next meeting was in two weeks.

They decided to use the time and start working at the hot spring of the mansion, they didn´t even took a single look inside it.

The reason for that was that the estate was in a horrible state and the two had their hands full just dealing with it, so they decided to deal with the hot spring later.

But now that the mansion was being rebuild, they decided to start with the hot spring.

The hot spring had a little house before it, inside it was two separate changing rooms.

From there lead a path outside to the actual hot spring, there were 5 different ponds, two of them were separated from the others by what once looked like a palisade wall.

The hot springs were not as overgrown as Aversia and Zeldaris expected but there was something different about it.

Because there was a heavy concentration of ethernano in the air and the plants, the plants had transformed into magical plants that held a huge amount of ethernano, such plants could only grow at places with a high density of ethernano.

Aversia and Zeldaris looked around the area, trying to find the reason for this.

“Aversia come here, you need to see this.”, called Zeldaris after dipping his hand into the water.

Aversia came over and asked Zeldaris what he found.

“Put your hand into the water. After I put my hand into the water I started to absorb magic from it. It´s the water itself that is filled with magic power, that´s why there is such a high density of it around this area. No wonder that no one wanted this place.”, said Zeldaris while Aversia put her hand inside the water.

“Agreed, such a high density would kill a normal human, if exposed over a longer period of time and a weak wizard would not be able to handle it for a long time. But it would be the perfect place for beasts with magical powers, such as these Gorians and explains why there were so many of them in just one pack. It just leaves one question, where the hell is all of that magic power coming from?”

(AN: Magic power and ethernano are basically the same thing, with different names. Ethernano is what wizards absorb from the surrounding area and use as magic power.)

Both of them could think of only one place that could do something like that and that was the door beneath the hot spring, the magic power was coming from there and flowed into the earth and the water.

But since they were unable to open it, they had to postpone the search for the answer and decided to start with the restoration of this place.

A few days later they met some one that had taken a long-term job, his name was Loke.

Loke was of average height and had delicate facial features and mildly long, spiky, orange hair.

His outfit screamed playboy and was hugging two girls.

He had taken a job as a bodyguard of a daughter from a wealthy family that was making a tour through all of Fiore.

Loke tried to flirt with Mirajane and Aversia but got a beat down from Elfman and Aversia, Zeldaris didn´t help because he knew that Aversia hated playboys.

Back in Clover Town were many people that tried to flirt with her, there were even some that tried to get Aversia as their maid or as a concubine, mostly because of her eyes.

People were fascinated by her eyes, but no matter what they tried all of them failed and those that became violent were all beaten up by either Aversia alone or Aversia and Zeldaris.

As for Zeldaris, there were a few women that tried to flirt with him, but he was not really interested.

After Elfman and Aversia beet him up, she picked him up and started to walk outside, while telling Zeldaris to follow.

Behind the guild, Aversia threw Loke against the wall and the two stood before him.

“Girl, please be gentle…”, he was interrupted by the fist that landed right next to his face and created a hole in the wall.

Zeldaris had a hunch why Aversia was doing it, because something was wrong with this Loke, his eyes told him so and he felt like he knew him.

“It´s been quite a while Loke or should I say Leo?”

Hello there, thank you very much for reading and i hope you enjoyed it.

It was never explained how many times the guild masters were meating with one another and i think that one a month was the best desission. As for being allowed to take two members with you, i made that rule because i think that would fit more to it and a thew other reasons.

Also this novel reached 10k page views, i know that this is basically nothing, but i never believed that this novel would gain so many ever.

Anyway i will see you all in the next chapter, bye.

23