Chapter 39: Old friends
766 4 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I… I have no idea what you mean. I have never heard of some one called Leo.”, said Loke, while looking away and sweating profusely.

Aversia and Zeldaris were not impressed by his attempts and were starting to get angry.

“I don´t know why you are hiding your identity, but you can´t deceive our eyes.”, said Aversia and pulled her fist back.

Aversia then started to walk away, Zeldaris was initially confused and followed her after a few seconds.

“if you ever find the Leo that we knew, then tell him that some friends from 400 years ago would like to meet him again. Tell him also, that the two of us are going to accompany the master to the guild master meeting and will be gone for a few days.”, Aversia said while walking away.

Loke didn´t answer and just looked away.

Aversia and Zeldaris walked back to the mansion, both of them didn´t say a single word on the way.

Zeldaris wanted to ask Aversia, why she just let him go and didn´t continue to pressure him, but he knew that this was not the right time to ask this.

When they arrived at the mansion, they didn´t enter, but walked toward the cliff.

Both of them stood before the edge of the cliff and gazed at the water.

“Looks like a lot has changed in the last 400 years doesn´t it?”, was the first thing that Aversia said.

“400 years are even for them a long time.”

“Do you think that the others have changed so much as well.”

“Are you asking me if Aquarius is still the ill-tempered and overly jealous girlfriend from Scorpio that will attack everyone around her when she is summoned, especially women. Who will try everything to never allow a woman near Scorpio and will insult every woman.”, said Zeldaris while doing his best Aquarius impression.

“Don´t remind me of that. Every time teacher summoned her, she destroyed at least three houses and we were then forced to summon her in the forest, to keep the damage as little as possible and even then she destroyed parts of the forest.”, said Aversia, trying not to remember her past encounters with Aquarius.

“Remember, that one time were a Vulcan drowned by her summon. We were never able to find out, why it was in the forest. But, thank the heavens that we were able that she never met our mothers, if those three ever met then the village would have been destroyed.”

“That thought still scares me.”

Zeldaris then continued to list all of the traits of the other zodiac spirits, while making his best impressions.

How Taurus was a giant pervert who would comment on a woman’s figure and breasts.

Taurus did this once to Challot and Emrissen and the two dragons punched him so hart that he flew for multiple kilometers, before crashing into a mountain.

He did also multiple times to Irene, who at the start ignored the perverted cow, but got so annoyed, that she used her enchantment magic to summon a lightning storm and electrocute the spirit.

Cancer was ending his sentences for some reason with ebi (AN: meaning shrimp in Japanese) and had for somehow a fascination with Wendy’s hairstyle.

Aversia had actively hold back her laughter, when she remembered how Cancer changed the heir of multiple people in the village to look like Wendy´s, they even had the same hair color as hers.

Virgo was a gigantic masochist, that would ask if it was time for punishment every time she was summoned and would sometimes appear being tied up.

This had resulted in some funny, but most of them were rather awkward situations.

How Sagittarius would take his orders way to literal and would often salute, while saying ‘mochi mochi’ (AN: meaning hello in Japanese). Often even, while looking in random directions and while looking at no one.

Even to this day Anna, Aversia and Zeldaris had no idea why he was doing it.

Gemini was the spirit that the two had the hardest time to understand, not that they spoke weird or something, but their personality was mostly dependent on the contractor.

But the twins were generally joyful and liked to dance and make various poses, while uttering their catchphrase ‘piri-piri’.

Anna actually knew the person that had a contract with Gemini before her and told the two that that person was someone that really loved to play jokes and that Gemini had taken the same characteristic as its contractor.

Aries was the shyest of them all and was constantly apologizing, but also the nicest spirit of them all.

Zeldaris and Aversia got really good along with Aries and would always try to rise Aries´s confidence, although they made absolutely no progress.

Scorpio was Aquarius boyfriend and started every sentence with ‘We are’.

There were sadly numerous times were Aquarius misunderstood a situation, which ended in a gigantic flood.

Aquarius was also a totally different person around Scorpio, which is why Anna wanted to summon the two at the same time as much as possible.

Capricorn had a love for poetry and would often write some himself and reciting them later.

Aversia and Zeldaris were of the opinion that Capricorn was the best butler and a really good teacher.

Pisces were actually a pair of mother and son and the son had a weird habit of calling not only his mother ‘mom’, but also the person that summoned them, to the delict of the mother.

Everyone agreed that the pair was a bit closer than they should as a mother and son, to the point that you could sometimes miss interpreted their relationship. (AN: A I the only one that had that feeling that they were a bit to close, or is it just me?)

And the last spirit was Libra who was more the quite type but was obsessed with balance and had a somewhat sadistic side, where she enjoyed making other kneel before her and make them listen to what she says.

Libra tried this once with Challot, Emrissen, Irene and Belserion and to her shock, was unable to make them kneel.

But was able to make all four of them angry and received quite a harsh punishment, which made Virgo´s blush, and a hard beating from Challot and Emrissen.

As Aversia listened to Zeldaris talking about their time with the spirits and their general personality, she came to a decision, that even if a long time had passed, that the others wouldn´t had changed so much, like Leo had and that she would meet them again, one way or the other.

(AN: Just a little reminder, time passes differently in the spirit world, where 1 day in the spirit world is 3 months in the human world and yeah that’s cannon.)

“You know, I just remembered that we still haven´t found that 13th spirit.”, said Zeldaris with a smile.

“Yeah, but we will find it and when we do, I am going to be the one that forms the contract with it.”, said Aversia, who slowly started to smile.

“Yeah, yeah, I know. You won the game, so you can form the contract.”

Every spirit could form only one contract at the same time, which is why the two decided who would form the contract, when they found the 13th zodiac key, by playing a round of chess, which Aversia won.

Zeldaris started to turn around and walked back toward the town, while saying,” We should go back to the inn and prepare our things for the trip.”.

Aversia turned around, while shouting,” Wait for me!” and started to run after Zeldaris.

 

It was finally the day for the meeting and Makarov and the two half dragons were now in the train headed for Clover Town.

Erza would take care of the guild again, to the horror of everyone else, except Mirajane for some reason.

Aversia was looking out of the window and watched the landscape.

Makarov was in thought and Zeldaris was reading a new book about the guilds of Fiore.

“Master, why do you not like to take members with you on these meetings and why did you want us to come with us.”, said Aversia out of the blue, Makarov didn´t tell them the reason for taking them with him and the two were quite curious.

Zeldaris stopped reading and looked at the old man.

Makarov stayed quite for a moment before saying,” Mostly because there was no one that I could take with me. The old S-Class mages, that are now retired, would have caused quite the ruckus if I had taken one or two with me. I don´t think that I have to explain the problem with Mirajane. I took Laxus and or Erza with me multiple times in the past, but Laxus´s attitude has recently changed so much that I can´t take him with me no longer. Erza would normally be fine, but she feels really unconfutable around a certain member of Blue Pegasus and I don´t want to force her, although it was quite nice to show off with her.”, he got a really lecherous grin on the last part.

Although he doesn´t show it all to often, he was the biggest pervert in the entire guild, followed by Macao and Wakaba.

The two half dragons started to look at him with dead eyes.

“Ahem. The only other S-Class mage would be Gildarts, but he is only rarely in the guild and is most of the times on jobs. He is on his current job for more than a year now, which is why you two haven’t met him yet, he is by far the strongest member of the guild.”, said Makarov, trying to continue his explanation.

“Are only S-Class members allowed?”, asked Zeldaris.

“No. But most guilds take a S-Class member with them. I know what you are thinking and yes I had thought about the other members, but most of them would only cause trouble.”

“I can definitely see that with Natsu, Gray and Elfman. Lisanna would not work, since Elfman or Mirajane would insist on coming with her. Joey would properly try to show off his muscles and become really depressed if there was someone more muscular then him. Chico can´t leave the city, because she would lose her ghosts. Wan would start a fight with everyone that disagrees about a movie, or even a thing in the movie. Tono would be to quiet and to shy and Mickey would make her nickname, Demon Princess, really proud. Macao can´t because he has to take care of Romeo and Wakaba would get in trouble with the women there.”, Zeldaris counted most of the members and why it would be a bad idea to take them along.

Makarov was surprised that he and probably Aversia, knew most of the members already, but he was none the less happy about it.

(AN: Every name that I mentioned is a cannon member of Fairy Tail, look it up.)

“Correct, everything that you just said was the reason why I can´t take most of them with me. The only ones that I could take with me, besides you two would be, Levi, Biscus, Alzack, Max and Warren. Every single one off them have their own reasons for not wanting to come to this meeting. Which leads you two.”

Aversia and Zeldaris looked at each other, doubt was visible on their faces, was it really so bad on these meetings.

“Don´t worry about it. The meetings are not as bad as you think and besides, its already to late for second doubts.”, said Makarov while laughing, not knowing that the two were now able to use their wings to fly and had trained the last few days.

“Looks like we are there.”, said Aversia and indeed the train had arrived at the town.

After exiting the train, they walked south west and soon exited the town.

The building, where the meeting would be held, was a few hundred meters away from the town and was a giant mansion with three floors.

Aversia and Zeldaris took one last deep breath and entered the building.

Hello there and thank you very much for reading and i hope you enjoyed it.

This chapter was mostly to flesh out the relationship between our two Mcs and the celestial spirits and the fact that i left Leo/Loke out is on purpise.

Some of the spirits are greatly under used mainly Capricorn, Pisces, Libra, Gemini, Cancer and Ophiuchus.

Pisces, Libra and Ophiuchus are Yukino´s spirits and thats why they didn´t really get a lot of focous time, since Youkine was a under used character herself and was rarely in battles, especially in the end of the story.

I mean Ophiuchus was only used once in cannon and once in filler and never used again afterwards, Pisces was only used twice in cannon, both being in the magical games arc and once in filler. Imean god dammit, Yukino was after the games never shown with the black key ever again.

Capricorn was barely used, which is really a shame since he is really powerful and he is one of my favorite spirits.

I think that the author of the manga didn´t really know waht to do with Gemini and Cancer was only used as a hair stylist or for comedic momenst.

I am going to try and use them more often and try to flesh out their characters, mostly Ophiuchus and Pisces.

The same could be said about some of Erzas armors, some are onyl used once or a few times, while a certain someone is being used way to much. I am looking at you Clear Heart Clothing.

I am also going to try to make Erza use other armors more often and i am going to include armors from 100 years quest as well, like the recently revealed Thousand Arms Armor, which is just awsome.

Also going to explain how she got her hands on the Nakagami Armor and she will get a few new armors from me, have already ideas for two or three for that.

Buts enough for today and i will see you all in the next chapter, bye.

25