Chapter 40: Guild Master Meeting
754 5 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moment they stepped inside the mansion; they saw a large amount of people that were walking through the reception room.

Most of them were either in groups of two or three and only a few people were alone, and every single group was led by a staff member, who were guiding them to their rooms.

Zeldaris and Aversia were able to make out a few guild marks, some were from smaller and lesser known guilds and others were from more famous guilds.

But the two didn´t had much time to think, because Makarov started to move toward the reception, and they hastily followed them.

Behind the reception desk stood a staff member, they were employed by the magic council, the building belonged to the council as well.

The three checked in and were led to their rooms, which were right next to each other.

The staff member that led them to their room told them that the welcoming ceremony would be held in a few hours.

Makarov told Zeldaris and Aversia that he was going ahead and look for a few old friends.

Zeldaris and Aversia decided to take some rest and entered their rooms.

 

After sleeping for a few hours, did they walk down and attend the welcoming ceremony.

The two found their master, sitting on a table, and talking to two other men.

The first was an elderly, bald, and cross-dressing man.

He wore a purple spaghetti-strap shirt accessorized by a gold and fuchsia hoop necklace, and a vertical-striped pink and purple shorts.

He also completed his look with red lipstick and blush on each cheek.

The other man looked like he was in his late fifties and had a slim figure.

His hair was kept in a youthful style, almost reaching down to his shoulders in a straight cut.

Covering the man's eyes and hiding them away from sight at all times was a pair of sunglasses.

His clothes were rather simple, consisting of a black T-shirt and dark pants.

What wasn´t simple was his accessories, he donned a hat that looked like a stereotypical wizard hat, possessing a wide brim and a torn top pointing backwards.

Circling the hat is a lighter band sporting massive, rounded spikes, and is virtually identical accessory that comes in the form of a collar around the man’s neck.

“Ah, there you two are. May I introduce Bob and Goldmine, who are old friends of mine and are the guild masters of Blue Pegasus and Quatro Cerberus respectively.”, said Makarov as he saw Zeldaris and Aversia and introduced the two men.

Quatro Cerberus and Blue Pegasus were popular guilds and were also some of the strongest guilds in the kingdom, but both of them were also relatively young guilds, especially compared to old guilds like Fairy Tail and Phantom Lord.

Blue Pegasus had mostly female members, who were famous for being highly attractive and fashionable, enough to become true icons.

The same was also true for the male members of the guild.

Many members were also modelling for magazines.

Quatro Cerberus on the other hand was an all-out male guild, despite the fact that female members were allowed and welcomed.

The guild was famous for being one of the wildest in the country, without causing massive destruction or property damage on their missions.

Most of its members specialized in magic that allowed them to fight in close combat and were also masters in hand to hand combat, there were only a few members that could fight on long range.

They also wore spiked collars, in reference to their guilds theme.

Both of them were always on good terms with Fairy Tail.

“Ara, ara, so those are the new members that you talked about Makarov. They look absolutely cute.”, said Master Bob.

A shiver went down Aversia`s and Zeldari´s spine, when they heard that.

“Now that I think about it, who did you guys bring with you this time?”, asked Makarov.

“Ichiya had just started to train his new students and was unable to come with me to the meeting.”, said master Bob.

“Most of my members were on jobs and the others were needed to keep watch over the guild while I am here.”, said Goldmine.

“That just means that your guilds are progressing good. Hahaha.”

The three continued to talk and Zeldaris and Aversia joined their conversation shortly after.

They continued to talk like this until a strange humanoid being, that looked like an anthropomorphous amphibian walked into the middle of the room and started talking.

“Welcome everyone to the regular meeting of the guild masters. As always, the discussions will begin tomorrow, but I would like to announce a few things. First, the Phantom Lord guild won´t be able to attend this month meeting, because they are busy with a task that the council had given them. Secondly, a group of mages had tried to break into the Magic Council and tried to steal an artefact that the council was keeping safe. We were able to capture them, but the council was only able to find out that they belonged to a cult that worshiped Zeref. It´s also believed that they had help from a dark guild, which is why the main topics of this meeting will be the cults and the dark guilds.”

The envoy walked back outside the room, the second he had finished his speech.

Makarov thought for a long time, after hearing the speech, something was fishy about this.

The council would normally never tell them about stuff like that and the situation with Phantom Lord was also fishy.

Because it would make them look weak.

Phantom Lord was the strongest guild in Fiore and many people believed that they were the strongest guild in Ishgar.

Phantom Lord had multiple branches in Fiore, and it was speculated that the guild had more than 1000 members.

They were famous for being brutal and merciless and had always been on bad terms with Fairy Tail, although the situation was somewhat calm since Makarov became guild master.

But the situation became heated again, when the guild master of Phantom Lord Jose, started one year ago to make fun of Makarov and the Fairy Tail guild and the members of Phantom Lord became hostile toward the members of Fairy Tail.

If the situation continued like that then a fight between the two guilds would have followed, but the Magic Council forbid the fighting between guilds and both sides were forced to stop.

As for why Makarov found the situation with Phantom Lord fishy, was because Jose could have sent the leader of one of the branches, which was allowed and what Jose did most of the times.

But it brought nothing to think too much about it.

The next two days were spent talking about the situation of the region, the progress of the guilds and the continued problem with the dark guilds.

Dark guilds, also called illegal guilds, were guilds that were not officially recognized by the Magic Council and were treated as criminal organizations.

These dark guilds stood against the rules of the Magic Council and were involved in many illegal actions, such as assassination jobs, which where forbidden by the council, drug traffic and the slave market.

But the most dangerous thing, was that almost all of the dark guilds were under one of the members of the Balam Alliance and those that weren´t under any of them could be counted with one hand.

To be fair, calling it an alliance was not really true, it was more a non-aggression pact between the three strongest dark guilds in Fiore, consisting of Oraciòn Seis, Tartaros and Grimoire Heart.

Not much was known about these dark guilds, since there was almost no one that survived an encounter with any of them.

That counted especially for Tartaros, because no one knew anything about them except the dark guilds under them and their guild emblem, but there was no one that doubted their strength.

 

In the end not much had been accomplished in the meeting and every guild had been given the task to increase their hunt on the dark guilds, who seem to become more and more active.

The two had use their free time to visit Vulcan, who was surprised to see the two again, since its been only a few days since their last visit, but he was happy none the less.

As for the showing of that the guild master mentioned, it consisted mainly of demonstrations of their magic and talks about their achievements, but Zeldaris and Aversia were not really interested.

There were a few guys that tried to take advantage of Aversia, but Aversia beat every single one of them with one or two punches, since most of them were not even anywhere as strong as Natsu.

The trip home was also uneventful, but Makarov was thinking the whole time.

Back in the guild they were welcomed with a loud sheer, since it meant that Erza didn´t need to watch over the guild anymore.

Makarov informed them about the result of the meeting and went back to his favored place and started to drink.

Zeldaris and Aversia were asked by a few members how it was and the two told them that it was rather boring, which it was for them.

Natsu demanded a rematch with Zeldaris, which he accepted and defeated Natsu with a few punches.

 

Meanwhile not far away from the city of Magnolia, six figures could be seen on a hill, looking at the city.

“It really is good to see them after such a long time. I am happy to see that they are doing fine.”

“Agreed, its been over 400 years since they stepped into the portal. The two of us have waited so long and soon we can reveal ourselves to them again, but we need to be patient, Emrissen.”

 “I know Challot, but we both know how much we have missed them.”

“You should listen to her Emrissen, they are still to weak, since our presence will bring to much danger to them.”

“Belserion, I am perfectly aware of it, but can you blame the three of us to see our children.”, said Emrissen and looked at Irene.

Irene was staring the whole time at the guild, trying to observe something, or someone.

“We need to go, if we stay any longer, then we will be noticed by him.”, said a clocked figure.

“You are right. We were able to hide from him for so long and soon it will be time for the dragons of Ishgar to soar through the sky again.”, said Belserion.

“Before we go. I would like to check on them. It´s been a while since I was able to check on their condition.”, said Irene.

“Good, but we should hurry.”, said a second clocked figure.

Hello there, thank you very much for reading and i hope you enjoyed it.

Sorry, for the slow progress in the story, but it was somewhat necessary, will be better in the next few chapters.

In Cannon, we only knew of one dark guild that was not under one of the members of the aliance and that was Raven Tail.

Anyway, i will see you all in the next chapter, bye.

22