Chapter 41: Erzas request
785 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It’s now been a few days since the meeting of the guild masters and Zeldaris and Aversia were sitting at a table with Elfman, Lisanna and Mirajane.

Natsu and Happy were on a trip to search for Igneal, because they heard some rumors about a dragon.

Zeldaris and Aversia had tried to stop the two, because they knew that it was probably just someone that was called a dragon.

Most of the times those were fire mages that were somewhat talented, had a giant ego and came from a rural village.

But the two didn´t listen and still set of.

The Strauss siblings told Aversia and Zeldaris about Natsu`s and Happy`s trips over the last 5 years, when Erza walked toward them and looked at the two half dragons.

“I need both of your help.”

“Need help with maintenance or with repairs?”, asked Aversia.

She and Zeldaris had helped Erza a few times with maintenance of her armors and weapons and had also repaired some of them as well.

Generally, Erza took really good care of her armors and weapons, to the point that every piece of equipment, that she had, was in better shape than most of the weapons and armors from the soldiers of Dragnof 400 years ago.

But, sometimes was the help from Zeldaris and Aversia necessary.

“No, I need your help with a request”, answered Erza.

These words made the entire guild go silent, because she never needed help or teamed up with anyone and now she wanted to team up with Aversia and Zeldaris.

Elfman started to shout something about being a man and that he would also go, but he was shot down by Erza.

“Before Aversia and I agree, could you tell us what kind of request you need our help for and why us?”, asked Zeldaris, whose curiosity was aroused.

“At the west cost of the country lie old ruins from settlers of the main continent. These ruins have been taken over by multiple dark guilds. It is unknown to which fraction they belong and what their purpose there is, but a S-Class request has been made by the royal family to get rid of them.

As for the reason why I need your help, there are rumors that inside the ruins are some armors and weapons that I am interested in, but the place is filled with traps and what not. The two of you have senses that are even sharper than Natsu´s and you two are more versatile than him and most other members of the guild.”, explained Erza.

“Ok, sounds like fun. I am in.”, said Aversia, she was absolutely excited about it.

“Sounds exciting and like good opportunity to let loose a little. I am also in.”, said Zeldaris, just as excited as Aversia.

But a little thought came to him and that was what would Natsu do when he found out that he and Aversia were on a mission with Erza, he would probably make quite a ruckus, which made him smile.

“Thank you. If you have no problems with it, then I would like to set off in a few hours.”, said Erza, while having a small smile.

Aversia and Zeldaris had no problem with it and they decided to meet at the train station in a few hours.

The two half dragons decided to go back to the inn and pack their things, but as Zeldaris at the door, he turned around and looked at Gray.

The ice maker wizard was sitting at his usual spot and somehow got out of his clothes without moving and anyone noticing, even himself.

“Gray, when Natsu comes back, please don´t tease him too much, also put some clothes on.”, said Zeldaris and turned around as Gray panicked that he stripped again.

Aversia and Zeldaris packed their things and everything that they deemed necessary and soon waited at the train station for Erza to arrive.

The two were drinking some juice, that they bought from one of the vendors, as Erza arrived at the station and it took the two half dragons much not to spit out the juice in their mouths, because Erza arrived with a mountain of luggage, that was on a cart and being pulled by Erza with no problems.

They asked Erza why she needed so much luggage, turned out that all of it was food and ingredients.

(AN: I am not making this up, all of that luggage is food and ingredients.)

 Soon after Erzas arrival, arrived the train as well, the staff members were surprisingly unfazed by the huge amount of luggage that Erza had with her, probably because they were already used to it.

The journey would take quite a long time, since they were literally going from one side of the country to the other, so they decided to use the time and talk about all the information they had for this job and what their plans would be once they arrived.

While the three were talking, things were happening at the Phantom Lord guild.

The current guild master of Phantom Lord, Jose, was sitting at his desk as two members of the guild entered the room.

One was a young man with black and white hair that is tied up into a Japanese-style top knot on the back of his head and wore an orange reddish ninja-like attire.

The other person was a slim man with green hair that pointed upwards and a tiny, pointy, mustache.

His right eye was covered by a monocle and he wore a brown suit, with a white shirt and a red tie.

The collar of the suit had three spikes on each side and a short cape that was attached at both elbows.

His pants were also brown. (AN: His tie was black in the manga and red in the anime. I personally prefer the red tie, fits better.)

These two were Totomaru and Sol of the Element 4, the S-Class group of the Phantom Lord guild.

The guild had another S-Class member, but he was more of a lone wolf guy.

“Master, you have called for us?”, said Totomaru as he and Sol kneeled before their guild master.

“Indeed, I have Totomaru. You and Sol are going to pick thirty other members and go to the western cost of the country and get rid of the dark guilds that are occupying the ruins and bring everything of value back to the guild.”

“But what about the mission that the council gave us, the deadline is almost upon us. Shouldn´t we concentrate on that first?”, asked Totomaru.

“You don´t have to worry about this my boy. Ariel, Juvia and Gajeel have the situation under control and will soon be finished. But we need to make the most out of this situation that those idiots of the Magical Council gave us. Which is why we need to get everything of value in those ruins. Now, make your preparations, tomorrow morning you will set of, regardless how ready you two are.”

“” As you wish.”, said both Totomaru and Sol at the same time, stood up and left the room.

Jose stood up from his desk and walked toward a window and looked at Oak Town.

“Our preparations are nearly completed, soon we will be able to crush those pesky flies from Fairy Tail. All we need is a good reason to start the conflict, then those idiots from the Council won´t be able to say anything. And then my grudges and the wishes of the founding master shall be fulfilled, and Phantom Lord will forever by the strongest guild.”

 

The journey toward the western coast of Fiore, even while traveling via train, took more than a day.

When they finally arrived, they first looked for an inn.

There they left their luggage and walked north toward a mountain range, where the ruins were located.

Erza, Aversia and Zeldaris noticed a few other mages that were talking with the people, they probably were here for the same reason as them.

Their plan was to scout the ruins, its surroundings and the location and movements of the dark guilds, before they decide on a plan, since they lacked crucial information.

The ruins were right at the foot of a mountain and laid in a small valley.

The surrounding area gave the three good cover and allowed them to get close to the ruins.

Zeldaris took out a telescope and observed the ruins.

The dark guilds had made their camps right inside the ruins and right before a giant tunnel that lead right inside the mountain.

The camp was divided into three parts and was heavily guarded and many were patrolling the edges of the camp and the surrounding area.

Zeldaris was soon able to make out the different guild marks of the dark guild members.

As far as he could tell there were three different dark guilds in the ruins: Demonic Wings, Blood Fangs and Ghoul Claw.

Erza was looking through the notes of the various dark guilds, while Aversia was watching their surroundings.

“Aha, I got it. Blood Fangs and Ghoul Claw are part of Grimoire Heart and Demonic Wings are part of Tartaros.”, said Erza.

“Good then let’s go back to the inn and plan our next steps. Aversia, how are the movements of the patrols.”, said Zeldaris.

“They haven’t noticed us yet and we have enough space to get away, without getting their attention.”, said Aversia, who could locate the patrols with her superhuman senses.

Zeldaris put the telescope away and the three of them started to return to the town.

They were able to easily doge all of the patrols and managed to return to the town without being noticed.

Back at the inn, Zeldaris told Erza and Aversia what he saw and their next steps.

Guards were stationed at every site of the ruins.

To make matters worse, Blood Fangs was famous for using blood beasts.

Four legged beasts that were as big as a lion, had no fur and their skin had the color of blood, they were blind, but had an excellent sense of smell and could detect magic.

Many dark organizations used these beasts. (AN: The same beasts that were used by the cult that held Erza and Jellal as slaves, the name of these beasts had never been revealed, as far as I can tell and they remind me of a certain beast from Charm of Soul Pets that were called Blood Beasts.)

Which meant that a sneak attack would be almost impossible.

The only option left was a direct attack.

But that wouldn’t be so easy, since their enemies had more than 100 members and there were probably way more that were inside the tunnel, when they were there.

Which is why the three were going through all of the information that they had on the three guilds.

Ghouls Claw was specialized in poison and ailment magic.

Blood Fangs were famous for using blood beasts and Demonic Wings was known for having a large number of dark magic users.

The best strategy that the three could come up with, was to take advantage of the lack of teamwork between the dark guilds.

In the sort time that Zeldaris was spying on them, he saw that there were multiple conflicts between the members of the three dark guilds and that there was apparently no trust between the three guilds, which was logical, since those were dark guilds.

They decided that Aversia and Zeldaris would attack the ruins from opposite sides, Erza would be right behind ever Zeldaris or Aversia and would rush toward the tunnel and eliminate anyone that would come out of it.

But there was still one question remaining why were dark guilds from two members of the alliance working together and why were they or Tartaros or Grimoire Heart interested in them?

However, that question had to be answered later, but one thing was clear, whatever they were planning, it was definitely not a good thing.

Hello there, thank you verry much for reading and i hope you enjoyed it.

Erza needs the help of our two half dragons and Phantom Lord is planning something.

As for those wondering how the rivelry between Phantom Lord and Fairy Tail flammed up again in cannon, it is not so much different then in this story and i am going to explain that a bit later in the story.

Also it is practecly unherd of that dark guilds are working together, especially when they are under different members of the aliance, just wanted to make clear how strange this situation really is.

Anyway, i will see you all in the next chapter, bye and stay safe in these crazy times.

20