Chapter 89: The grand Fairy Tail games
305 8 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It´s now been two days since the incident with Laxus and not much had happened.

Makarov had sent a few members to find out where Laxus was hiding, but they were unable to find him or his bodyguards.

Which was not really surprising, but the timing of the whole thing was rather bad, it was only a month until the harvest festival and Makarov wanted to deal with Laxus before it.

They also needed to start planning and prepare for the festival, most importantly the Fanatasia Parade.

While Makarov continued to think about the situation, Zeldaris and Aversia were sitting at a table with Natsu, Gajeel, Erza, Juvia, Lucy, Gray and Happy.

They were talking about taking a new request.

Gajeel and Juvia wanted to take a job together.

Juvia had changed quite a lot after joining the guild.

Her hair was now short, barley reaching her shoulders.

She also wore now a white and blue dress with a fitting hat, long white gloves and knee-high boots.

For her this change in appearance represented the beginning of a new chapter of her live.

Zeldaris and Aversia wanted to stay back and watch out for Laxus and his bodyguards, they had the feeling that Laxus wouldn´t stay quiet for much longer.

As for team Natsu, they were thinking about taking requests separately because there were currently no requests with a high enough reword for four people, Happy didn´t count.

But Natsu and Happy would still team up with Lucy, the three of them were always taking jobs together and Lucy had rarely taken any requests without Natsu.

However, they still had to decide which request they would take.

Gajeel and Juvia had already decided and would soon depart.

Zeldaris and Aversia tried to help the others in deciding on a request and while they continued to talk, the hall became dark, and the lights of the stage were turned on, causing almost everyone because there was no performance planned for today.

Zeldaris quickly looked around, trying to figure out if someone decided to perform now.

But he found Mirajane working behind the bar counter with Lisanna and was currently giving Ophiuchus the order for one of the tables.

Mickey was sitting at a table with Wan, Tono, Mikuni, Joey and Chico; drinking and talking about what happened at her last job.

Those two were the most frequent members that were singing on the stage.

Suddenly lightning hit the stage.

“I heard you were looking for me?!” Laxus said as he suddenly appeared on the stage.

“LAXUS!!!” Makarov yelled in surprise and in anger.

“Good to see you too, old man.” Laxus said while a fire sword and a flaming lance past through his body and hit the wall.

Zeldaris and Aversia clicked their tongues, both of them had attacked the second that they had seen Laxus, of course both of them hadn´t aimed at vital spots.

“So, you are not man enough to come here personally?” Aversia asked as she extinguished the fire sword that was stuck in the wall.

“Hahaha! Why should I even bother. Now then, how about we play a little game, a game to find out who is the strongest in the guild. Originally, I had planned to do this at the festival, but I can no longer watch this pathetic state in which the guild is currently in.”

“Why should we play your game!” yelled a few members.

Laxus simply smiled and said, “Because I have taken the entire town hostage.”

“LAXUS! There are things you can´t take back!” Makarov yelled.

“Oh, I am completely serious here, old man. I have prepared the ‘Thunder Palace’, a magic that can destroy the entire city.”

The faces of many members became pale.

“The rules for the game are simple, you guys are going to fight against my team. The objective is to defeat the enemy leader and every other player of that team. The leaders will of course be me and the old man. The arena for this game is all of Magnolia and the surrounding area.”

“Of course. we will fight on Laxus´s side.” Freed said as he appeared out of nowhere, followed by Evergreen and Bickslow.

Laxus begun to laugh and said, “To make things a bit fairer, I have received some help from a certain guild, one that has a deep hatred toward Fairy Tail, RAIVEN TAIL!”

Makarov balled his fists as he heard that.

“Ivan!”

Natsu on the other hand enveloped his fist with his flames and punched the table into the air.

“Finally, something exciting. I am fired up!”

Zeldaris and Aversia both hit him on the head while yelling, “NATSU, TAKE THIS SERIOUS!!!”

“And with that let the games begin!” Laxus said while laughing and his projection and those of the thunder god tribe dissapeared.

Silence filled the hall before almost everyone started to franticly run toward the doors.

“[EAGIS]”

Vulcan casted a barrier before the entrance of the guild, to prevent them from leaving the building.

The people at the front ran almost head first into the barrier and then got hit by the people behind them and one after the other fell down on the ground.

As all of them laid down on the ground, Vulcan stood up and walked toward the group.

“I can understand your desperation and your feelings, but to just run out into the enemy is a completley stupid idea.” Vulcan said while giving all of them a stern lecture.

The only ones that hadn´t run toward the door as well were Zeldaris, Aversia, Erza, Gray, Lucy, Levi, Juvia, Mirajane, Lisanna, Elfman, Bisca, Alzack, Happy and Natsu.

Lisanna had hold Elfman back, otherwise he would have also charged outside, while screaming something about being a man.

The same was true for Natsu, but Zeldaris had his claws at Natsu´s neck and was lifting him into the air.

Alzack, Bisca and Levi on the other hand had remained a cool head and wanted to come up with a plan before rushing headfirst into a battle.

“HOW CAN YOU JUST SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT WHEN THE WHOLE TOWN IS IN DANGER!!!” yelled a member toward Vulcan and many agreed with him.

“IT IS BECAUSE OF THAT, THAT WE NEED TO CALM DOWN AND THINK ABOUT THIS CALMLY!!!” yelled Vulcan back in anger.

“Vulcan is right, we need to keep calm and think about this before we can act. And it seems that it is time that I tell you about the guild that Laxus had just mentioned.” Makarov said and begun to tell everyone about Raven Tail and Ivan.

Everyone was shocked as they heard that Makarov´s own son had become one of the guilds biggest enemies.

But they also realized that this battle was much more important than they had initially thought.

“So, we need to assume that they want to achieve something by helping Laxus.” Levi said while thinking.

“As far as I know my son, he is only using Laxus for something, he had never any real love for him and is ready to use anyone for his goals, no matter who they are.”

“We also don´t know many people Ivan had sent to help Laxus, nor do we know their strengths and their magic.” Erza added.

Makarov nodded and said, “We can expect that some of his old following will be among the people that Ivan had sent, since they are quite familiar with most of the members of the guild.”

They continued to discuss about this for the next few minutes before they were able to come up with a plan.

Everyone would move in pairs, while Warren, Levi and Max would stay behind and coordinate the rest.

Warren´s telapithie magic would play an important role in this, while Levi was one of the most intelligent members of the guild.

Only strong members like Erza and Natsu were allowed to go against Freed and the other members of Laxus´s bodyguards and the people that Ivan had sent as well.

Everyone else would only engage them with numbers and try to hold them at bey until someone comes that can take them out.

Everyone walked toward the exit, Zeldaris, Aversia, Gajeel and Natsu at the front.

But as they wanted to pass the doors, a wall made out of runes appeared out of nowhere and Natsu and Gajeel walked into the wall and were unable to pass.

The two half dragons on the other hand weren´t stopped and could only face palm as they read the lines that the runes formed.

 

The whole thing were Natsu and Gajeel are stopped is still one of the best forshadowing moments in the entire show and i love it.

8