Chapter 95: Holding together
295 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So? How are we going to destroy them?” asked Aversia.

“I thought that we could split up and destroy half of them each.”

“Sounds good to me. Last to finish has to pay the bill, the next time we go eat! [Chaos Dragon´s Rampage]”

Aversia flew towards the nearest lacrima, while covering her entire body with grey flames.

The flames begun to rotate, transforming into a flaming tornado.

“HEY! *sigh* Every time. And I just fall for it, as usual. *sigh* Well, whatever. [Chaos Dragon´s Rampage]”

 

Inside the cathedral, Natsu was charging toward Laxus, his fists covered with flames.

Gajeel was right behind him, his right arm transformed into a sword.

Laxus simply sneered and dodged the attack by turning himself into lightning, he appeared aboth Natsu.

Laxus locked his hands together in a tight fist and swung down toward Natsu.

“Not going to happen! [Iron Dragon´s Lance: Demon Logs]”

Gajeel´s left hand transformed into a large spearhead and fired multiple iron spears toward Laxus, forcing to dodge.

Natsu quickly searched for the point where Laxus would materialize again and as soon as he saw lightning gathering in one place, he struck out.

But, Laxus had anticipated that and blocked the attack with his left arm and then threw Natsu into the air.

Not letting up, Laxus rushed toward the point where Natsu would land and shortly before Natsu landed on the floor, Laxus kicked out, his feet covered in lightning.

However, Gajeel appeared beside Natsu and swung his sword toward Laxus´s leg, trying to cut it off.

Laxus used the sword as a foothold and jumped back.

“I am surprised, Natsu. You always said that you wanted to fight me. And yet here you are, fighting together with that scum from Phantom Lord.”

“If it was up to me, I would happily beat you by myself!”

“Then what stops you. Let me guess, you were ordered by your so-called older siblings to do it.”

Natsu and Gajeel both narrowed their eyes.

“And what if we had.” Gajeel answered.

“Then both of you are just pathetic, to let yourself be ordered by those two trashes.”

Both dragon slayers wanted to yell something, but something quickly flashed by them and approached Laxus.

It was Erza in her Black Wing Armor.

Erza had been severely shocked by Mystogan´s face.

‘I need to forget about Mystogan for now. I have to concentrate on this.’

Erza slashed out multiple times, but Laxus was able to evade all of them.

“LAXUS! Take the ‘Thunder Palace’ down right now! This is going too far!”

Laxus simply laughed and said, “It hurts me to do this, but oh well.”

“YOU BASTARD!” Erza yelled as she became completely furious and attacked with a heavy swing.

But Laxus managed to evade the swing just in time and grabbed her arms.

“Only three more minutes.” Laxus said with a smile.

Erza tried to kick Laxus, who in turn let go of her arms and caught her foot.

Laxus enveloped his hand with lightning, electrocuting Erza.

Erza managed to free herself and made multiple backflips to get some distance from Laxus, and reqiupped into her Lightning Empress Armor.

“Do you really think that that will be enough to defend yourself from my lightning?” Laxus said with a frown.

“Erza, leave him to me and Gajeel!” Natsu said while stepping before Erza.

Gajeel did the same while smiling.

“Good, then I will leave him to you.” Erza said, turned around and ran begun to run.

Natsu and Laxus were stunned for a second, before Natsu seemed to know what Erza was planning.

“WAIT! Don´t tell me that you want to deal with the Thunder Palace. Zeldaris and Aversia are already on it!”

“IDIOT! DID YOU HAVE TO REVEAL IT TO HIM!?” Gajeel yelled at Natsu.

Laxus was in utter shock, both by the fact that Erza was actually trying to stop his Thunder Palace and that Aversia and Zeldaris were also doing the same.

“I know. I had already guessed that they would try something like that. However, I won´t just sit around doing nothing while they do all of the work. It was you guys who reminded me that the members of the guild help each other, no matter what. So, I will help them with destroying the lacrima.”

‘Or am I wrong?!’ Erza asked the last part into the telepathy that connected her with the other members of the guild, the entire speech had also been transmitted to the others.

And one by one the other members of the guild agreed with Erza.

 

Back at the guild, Vulcan stood at the front of the guild hall, smiling.

“Well said, that is exactly why I love this guild and its members so much. As long as they hold on to them believes they will overtake the old generation in no time. But there is still a long road ahead for all of them, let me help you move forward.”

Vulcan brought out his war hammer and taped with it on the ground.

The very ground beneath the whole city begun to shine in bright light, except for the cathedral.

“Your knowledge over runes and enchantments is impressive, Freed. But there is still much for you to learn.”

All of the enchantments and runes that Freed had placed in the city begun to vanish, freeing every member that had been imprisoned in them.

But that was not all, every member that had been exhausted could feel how their magic begun to rapidly recover.

And all over the city, the members of Fairy Tail set their sights on the lacrimas.

 

“Lisanna, can you bring me up to one of them?” Elfman asked as he stood up, his body feeling much better.

“No problem.” Lisanna said and transformed her arms into wings, and her legs into those of birds.

Lisanna grabbed Elfman with her talons and the two flew into the sky.

 

On the rooftop of Toy Store ‘Tom’.

“Happy!” Lucy said while jumping of the rooftop.

“Leave it to me!” Happy said while also jumping of the roof and summoning his wings.

Happy quickly reached Lucy and grabbed her back and the two begun to fly toward two of the lacrima.

 

West of the town.

Cana, Juvia, Gray and Ophiuchus also got ready.

“Why do they always leave me out? I am a spirt that focuses on combat!” Ophiuchus said while sighing.

“Then show them what you can.” Gray said as he removed his shirt.

Ophiuchus eyes became filled with termination.

“THAT I WILL!” she yelled, and her body became shrouded in darkness as she transformed into her true spirit form.

None of the three had seen this scene often, it was truly a rarity, but no matter how many times they would see it, it would always surprise them.

Ophiuchus opened her maw and a giant cannon like barrel extended out of it, and energy begun to gather inside it.

“Well, then let´s do this.” Cana said as she held multiple magic cards in her hand, and begun to imbue them with her magic, making them glow.

Gray and Juvia nodded and activated their magic.

“[Ice Maker: Lance]”

Gray fired multiple ice lances toward the lacrimas.

“[Water Slicer]”

Juvia fired multiple blades made out of water with high pressure.

Cana threw her cards toward one of the lacrima.

“[Snake Cannon]”

A giant ball of energy was fired from the cannon like barrel and headed toward its target.

 

And every single member inside the city, except Natsu and Gajeel, were also unleashing their magic toward the floating lacrimas.

Meanwhile Erza had jumped on one of the nearby rooftops.

“[Requipp: Heaven´s Wheel Armor]”

As soon as the armor had manifested on Erza, multiple swords were appeared around her, and with every second that number increased dramatically.

The runes that adorned the wings glowed brighter and brighter, until more than one hundred swords were floating around her.

“DANCE MY SWORDS!!!” yelled Erza as every sword flew into the sky.

 

Zeldaris and Aversia had already destroyed more than half of them, but they had underestimated how fast the power would stack up.

It had quickly reached the point where their bodies could no longer withstand the magic attacks and their automatic absorption was unable to keep up and the magic started to injure them.

With every passing second, the injuries became worse and worse, the pain stronger.

But they didn´t give up, they couldn´t give up.

However, as they continued to break through lacrima after lacrima, they could feel multiple sources of magic power approaching toward the remaining lacrima.

The two half dragons stopped their attack and hovered in the air, concentrating on dealing with the backlash from the body link magic.

Both opened their mouths and begun to devour the magic, while continuing to cover their bodies with the flames of chaos, to burn through excess magic power.

 

Meanwhile the attacks of the other members of the guild hit their targets.

Each of Erza´s swords destroyed one lacrima.

Elfman destroyed one with his bare fists, while Lisanna cut one with her cat soul.

Lucy destroyed one with her whip, while Happy rammed one with full speed.

Everyone managed to destroy at least one of them and just like that, every single one of them was destroyed.

Of course, not long after the lacrimas were destroyed, the effect of the body link magic activated, and every member was hit by lightning.

Happy and Lucy, Elfman and Lisanna had managed to land on a rooftop before the lightning hit them.

Erza was hit the hardest of them all, but she had quickly changed back into her Lightning Empress Armor and was able to withstand the barrage of lightning.

Ophiuchus on the other hand, the lightning wasn´t able to harm her and it felt more like a soft full body massage.

(AN: Don´t forget that she is getting her strength from Aversia, so you really can´t underestimate her abilities in her true form. Her human form wasn´t meant for fighting but can withstand quite a lot.)

 

It took them almost a minute to consume all of that magic, and as they absorbed the last piece, they could feel that something much more dangerous was approaching.

The massive amount of magic power and the constant flow of emotions had brought the sealed power inside their bodies into surging.

And the seal was not able to withstand it for a long time, and it broke free.

Power rushed through their bodies as the flames became stronger, bigger, and ferocious like an inferno.

The power became violent, and the flames took on the form of a humanoid figure.

Three meters tall, but more draconic than human.

It could only be described as a humanoid dragon.

And both of them roared into the sky, making the earth shake.

A new trial had fallen upon the half dragons, and if they were successful, then they would come one step closer to their goal.

One step closer to achieve the impossible and end the eternal war between their human side and their draconic side.

7