Chapter 5: Did I Just Die?
1.2k 8 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It seems the first game he opens is the infamous game called 'Dark Souls' as it was popularly known to be insanely difficult to play. 

While I played the 3rd game, I had difficulties less common to people as it was path finding and how to control my character. 

The guy was finding it difficult to make his own character and I decided to tell him to just randomize instead since he's only on a 15min free trial.

While having difficulty in using the PC, I've been helping him learn and teach how everything works and let him be guided while also not overly teach him as he slowly learns it by himself. 

He agreed to my words reluctantly as he started out waking up from an underground prison. He was kinda shocked at how his character was in prison as I told him that his character started out from the prison and had to make his way upwards. I never know how Dark Souls played out but I've been watching a bit of youtubers so I know a bit of how it works at the very least. 

He gave a confused look at to how this game plays out until there was a tutorial sequence that teaches him how to play as I felt surprised at the tutorial screen.

[Host. Due to Natives to this wold who have ill knowledge of the term video games, we begun to configure the PC and the games to help the Natives understand how your 'Internet Cafe' works. Don't worry about it Host as we only teach them how to play games and not help them on everything.]

"H-hey. I'm not jealous on the fact that they got a tutorial on dark souls. W-what are you talking about?"

I decided to complain to the AI in my mind as it really was helpful that I can communicate to it by using my mind.

The guy was slowly progressing and slowly wondered how to get a weapon after he light the bonfire and open the first door. I secretly smiled to myself as he would encounter his first boss.

He opens into an empty room with lots of pots on the side and a wide space as he slowly traverse inside and finally, the first boss appeared right in front of him.

The people were quite surprise at how innovative and beautiful the screen inside was and how advance my magic tool to these natives had seen, but once they saw the boss, they gave a scared feeling as they saw a far more scary being than the beasy they often saw as they began to shake in fear.

"W-what the hell...?"

The guy was stone faced as he less scared than most of the people here as he seems to get used to fighting beast himself but seeing the grotesque monstrosity in front of him, he was a bit shaken. Then, not only did the natives were shocked, I was shocked as well after what the boss did.

The boss quickly grab unto the character as it tore off his head and then ripped its body to pieces like a doll.

The grotesque scene made the people scream as did the guy but I was the only one who was quite surprise at the scene and saw the 'You Died' scene.

[For the sake of realism, we updated the AI on the game and fix the bugs on the game so it would be better than the original. While it would make the game a bit harder, we increased the AI functions and how realistic it is to the game design.]

'Bruh...'

I was throughly shaken at not only the realistic graphic scene I saw, the AI also said that it fixes the parts of the game as I shaken in anticipation to actually play the game.

While I am not a hardcore gamer, I'm throughly amazed at the AI making the game not only been improve than the original that was filled with bugs but also making it a bit harder to keep the gameplay fun and exciting

Take it for Dark Souls for instance. It was already hard enough for the game since with its weird mechanics but with the AI's interference, it was now hard for people to play the game since it had fixes the bugs which players cheese the game at.

While I was throughly amaze at the Great AI, the guy who was playing the game, slump down and was troughly shaking in fear at what he saw.

"D-did.... I just die...?"

While it was just a game, it seems the guy was a bit connected to his character as he forces him to die right in front of him. He didn't feel bad at first but he had a sour taste in his mouth as he saw someone die that brutally.

The people behind him was also shaken and some of which even glared at the guy to forcing the character he played as it died like that.

I decided to intervene since this guy might get witchhunted due to his simple blunder.

"Don't worry about that. It is just a game and its mostly a visual simulation. The character isn't real and he's brand new to the game so he doesn't know how to play the game."

I gave a hospitable smile to the people as I let the guy continue playing as when he clicked continue, he saw his character sitting on a bonfire and standing up as he was a bit glad that he didn't die. 

19