Chapter 6: Brother! Give Me More Time!
1.1k 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After seeing the character standing back at the bonfire, he felt a glad that he was still alive as I began to tell them what just happened.

"what you guys seen is this place called a 'simulation'. The player controls the movements on the character as its actions are solely based on the Player, hence, everything depends on you."

"I see. Its basically I'm responsible for my character..."

The guy finally understands what happened as I continue to explain what these games are to the people. While some are slowly getting hooked at the game and some are skeptical about the monster that had appeared, I told them that it was only a simulation and monsters can't come out of the game.

As the guy continue to explore and find alternative routes, he found out that there was only one route in which he has to come back to the monster again. He was still scared about the last incident but I decided to help him out like a good guy.

"Actually, just go to the left and enter the door there as it would lead you to a pathway where some guy will slowly pass away and give you a starting equipment."

"I see....Thanks Brother!"

Seeing as the guy who was sneering at me like an easy money turned to mellow, I was a bit happy that not all bad people are ultimately bad, just need a proper guidance thats all.

After entering the door again, the monster was there as it was about to do it again. I told the guy to quickly move to the left and use the dodge roll mechanic I thought him as he quickly went to the door.

When he saw there was actually a door there, he was quite glad that he not only seen an escape route but also know that by using the dodge button, it would quickly make the character do a weird dodge to evade the boss attack.

The people began to cheer for the guy as once he almost reach the door, the screen turned white.

Suddenly shocked at what transpired, smiling as I turned to everyone who was shocked at why the screen suddenly disappeared.

"Sorry Everyone, his free trial ran out and would need to be charged again to play the game. You can also play the game or play a different game by paying at the front. That was only what has to come to this 'Internet Cafe' as I am running a buisiness after all. "

I used the advertisement of the guy playing as I quickly made the people behind him understand what the PC is. I began to teach everyone before heading to the front but was held by the guy who had suddenly snapped from the daydream of the game.

"Um... Can you extend the free trial?"

The guy who was suddenly hook at the amazement of the PC, suddenly turns mellow as he ask if I could extend the free trial. I stare at him with a sad gaze since I'm running a buisiness after all and doing out of charity. 

"Apologies but I can't."

"Brother! Please Give me more time! I almost escape and need time to play to do so."

Him suddenly turned nice, I gave a smile since the game already brought the guy in.

"You only need to pay 5 copper coins for an hour extension or go open time for no time restrictions but have to pay based on the time played."

I decided to ask the AI how much do I need to exchange the time/money ratio as it told me the money based on that and how its willing to charge me. While I'm not knowledgable on the currency here, I decided to follow the AI's advice as I repeatedly said the price to the guy.

The guy who was at first surprised at how I charged based on the time, he decided to pay the money since it wasn't hurting his pocket.

The people who knew how my store works, slowly converge at the front and pay an hour based to test it out and some even followed the latter as all of them were seated at their respected PCs.

While some followed the guy in playing the same game, some decided to play a different game and begun to play. Such as some indie games i barely know or games such as Warcraft and Starcraft that i fondly remembered playing while at university. 

I decided that since there were no people at the desk, I decided to head to one of the rooms where the AI said that it was a room with a PC and a VR system placed as well to check them out.

Once I reached to the place, I was greeted to a sight of a small room where I could fit almost 3-4 people as the VR system only has a headset.

[Host. This place must be charged at a minimum of a magic stone as an equivalent since this place requires special maintainance. As to how the Virtual Reality works, it doesn't work like your modern VR system but it fully transfers the user into the Virtual world.]

"Ah, I get it. Basically how Sword Art Online works."

It seems that the VR system the AI had told me is that equivalent to the anime. It also began to teach me how this place works as I can advertize to people who want to experience the real thing than playing with a keyboard or mouse. 

21