Chapter 7: Is The Store Owner Strong?
1k 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Half a day has passed since opening the store in another world. Also, I had opened my Internet Cafe on my place back at my own world even if the profits there are uncomparable to this place.

As you guys might not expect, my mouth began to drool when exchanging the coins I earned to my world currency and I almost fainted at how ridiculous the exchange was.

1 copper coin was equivalent to 50 pesos (1US Dollar equivalent) and felt my knees shaking at a single copper coin could earn this much.

Lets not just say that the AI had reduce the money as equivalent to taxes but it only took 75% of the profit the internet cafe earned but it was still profitable than my own internet cafe itself. If the AI was real, I would immediately kiss the AI from the sheer happiness even if it took a bit more, even if it was a guy. No Homo intended.

But sometimes good times don't come to last as the more people brought in to the store, there would be unexpected guest that would bring trouble here.

"Hey Hey. It seems this store seems to be quite well-maintained around here. Hehe, guess its time to collect the rental fees for this place."

One muscular guy came here with his goons as he sneered at the unexpectedly on this shop that was slowly making profit.

While I expected guys like him would had show up but isn't it quite early for him to come? Like two or 3 more days at the very least? 

[Host. These guys are not the people who would ask the payment for the store. I am ill advise that these men are unexpected and troublesome guess that come to ruin the shop.]

'Wait, they are not actual tax collectors? But ruffians?'

Because of the cultural difference of people here, I expected that the guys with rude behaviors were actually the government state own force to collect rental fees and not aware of it. But hearing the AI told me the truth, my cautiousness began to increase as slowly measure their strength.

'Tch. While they are seem well-trained, I can probably put up a good fight but the damages to the store would be high so a brawl here would be stupid.'

I decided to confont them and try to drag them outside so not only the PC would be dragged on the worst case senario, the safety of my customers is a priority as well.

I slowly approach the thugs as I try to be friendly while showing a bit of my intimidation to them. If these people were to keep on bothering me, it would ruin the buisiness so dealing with them should be my main priority right now. 

While I am known to be a nerd, it isn't like I wasn't dragged into a street brawl as a kid. I have my fair share of fightz as I aslo did some exercises to keep my body in shape, not not let my body tire out from school and work. I didn't stop my exercises even when i got fired but my fighting skills may have been rusted for too long due to lacking in training, dunno if can handle them but I should at least give them some beating to not mess with me. 

What I didn't expect that my intimidation had actually work on these guys as they could feel being threatened by just me alone.

It had come to me later on that the AI seems to have made my aura stronger or something that made these guys scared but I was fully focus on protecting my shop and my customers.

To these guys, I have a smaller frame than them and I might had lack against quantity aside, but due to the intimidating aura I had released, it seems that I manage to drive these guy outside, so my worries had lessen.

"Heh, i know that you just opened this store so you might not have a permit yet. I hope your shop manage to escape the lord's sight. Hahahaha..."

It might have something to do with the aura i released but it seems that the guy was quite wary of me. His goons also felt a bit shaken upon seeing me but some were quite blinded on my aura and saw only my small stature. 

I also became stressed at what the guy said not having any permit upon opening the store as it literally just came out of nowhere and having an evidence on owning an establishment's qualifications is something gravely considered upon. Yet, the AI had backed me up with its opinion upon the matter.

[Host. While you are unaware of opening the store, the system already took that caution by forging the formalities and even took the Lord's permit upon opening the store. You only need to show the permit to the Lord himself or any of his elected offical to verify the documents.]

'I see... Thats good to hear.'

While i was left by the thugs, later on my qualifications were then verified by an offical of the lord which made my customers relax as my store wasn't illegal. Then, the offical had told me that the Lord would come by tomorrow to check out my store as i'll probably use him to advertize the VR rooms for nobles and high paying people.

21