Chapter 8: Can I Have More?
1k 5 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The store has been running smoothly since the entire day as most of the incident was only on the Thug part. My other store in the other world was only a coin-slotted machine so I rarely did any management on them and just mostly focus on this store. 

The AI also would help inform whenever someone looks for me in my world. One great thing is that the door to the other world internet cafe that connects to here and my world can be move which relieves me if my parents or other people would find out about it.

While the store was mostly stable, I began to make some simple sandwiches by mixing some mayonaise and eggs into my loafs and brought them back at the counter while watching some movies on the PC.

I felt relieved that my PC was the only thing that connects to the internet and it has cameras around the store so I can monitor people.

While grabbing a piece and stuffing one in my mouth, one customer who was playing Dark Souls turned to my direction and saw me stuffing a sandwich in my mouth.

"Hey Boss, can I get one of that?"

"Uhm... Sure...?"

While he was curious as to what I'm eating, I happily offer a piece as I was curious of people of my simple dish. It isn't any different with any ordinary egg sandwiches others made but one key thing is that the mayo sauce was mostly made by me as I use simple ingredients with fresh vegetables and cut them neatly in tiny bits and only the mayo was store bought.

While it isn't as fresh as the other world's standards, I hope I can get a good opnion about my food.

"Oh! This isn't bad and its quite delicious for a store bought."

"*Blood Coughs*"

I could feel like his comment on my dish was quite hurtful as while the dish was simple, being told that it was store-bought quite hurts my feelings for a bit.

Wait...I feel like its a bit of a compliment since I feel like the other world's food standards are a bit higher as most people here. Seeing it was mostly backwards, the food here might be fresh and tasty but they have recipes not developed and the seasonings are mostly owned by nobles so aren't they actually quite an accomplishment for just my simple eggs sandwiches? 

The other customers who were playing slowly began to drool at the sandwiches as I decided to offer each customers of mine a single piece out of pure hospitality(and the fact that the food I made was quite cheap and mostly just gonna rot at my fridge if I left it there for long).

I always bring out my nation's hospitality and be a good citizen as I barely know the culture here in the other world. While the AI helps me around, I should also try to rely by myself to gather information as well.

"Hehe, Dreks gonna be jealous I found this place first before him."

"Say, he said that he spotted a flame lizard around the south of here. Is that true?"

"Yeah, he decided to scout it out with some rookies so he'll be fine since one of the rookies is a healer."

"There's also the promising rookie 'Wind Goddess' with them so they'll probably fine."

"I hear that the conflit between the Holy Kingdom and the Veris Kingdom is still strong. The Veris Kingdom is kinda stupid since the Holy Kingdom isn't to be messed with due to its strong Squadron of Holy Knights."

"Pfft. The only people who are enjoying the war is the mechants. I hear one merchant was drooling at the income of those who raid some villages. Crazy F***s."

I tuned in to those people who seems to be talking something important as I listen to the conversations while watching. While some are fully focus on the games and how they are amazing, some are basically having easy time playing that they began to chat to one another.

It weird that some of then got used to the PCs since they are pretty innovative and a concept to be surprised about. I even read some novels that talks about this and mostly they should be surprised.

Then the AI told me that while the concept of Computers were quite advance for them, they already have Visual Crystals that are like a TV screen but it was mostly been used by the nobility so it wasn't spread out as much.

I decided to continue listening to the conversations of the residents here as one had poked me and asked for more.

"Boss, Can I have some more?"

18