Chapter 9: I Hate My Bloodline
939 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was currently looking at the first monster after being in this world as I felt the difference between the size of it and my own strength dwindling.

Yes, I'm currently looking at a Giant Flame Lizard since I arrived at this world. 

———————————————————————————————————————————————————

Back to the past, this situation was dragged back to the time I was listening to the conversation with the residents of this world.

"Guys! The Giant Flame Lizard from the South is moving closer to the city! I need all available adventurers to come and barricade the south gate to slow down the monster."

A guy whom I didn't know, slammed the door as he called out all the customers I have. They all look at each other before heading to the front and payed before leaving with the guy. The rest also followed suit as I decided to follow them and watch. If it gets dangerous, the AI will warn me and it even said that I can transfer the store to another city if the situation is dire. 

While I am fine on the worse case senario, I would feel bad for my customers who I build my trust with and even shared my food. But my safety comes first and foremost.

I could see some of the citizens looking worried and even some began packing their things as the more I followed the adventurers, the less people I've seen and more armored men and women lined up at the front.

While some men gave curious eyes towards me since I was the only unequiped one around the group, some decided to ignore me while some warned me to stay back.

I decided to stay on the safe side and watch at the back while I have limited view, it was the safest choice. I'm mostly just curious of the monsters anyway so i'm definetly try to keep my own life as a priority.

Then, some time passes and we could hear small sounds of explosions from the distance as I felt shocked at how big it was.

The Flame Lizard was almost the size of a two-storey house and its length was almost the size of a train. It was quite big that the men were tense at how gigantic of it was but I was the only one who was shocked for seeing it for the first time and how mysterious it was. 

But most importantly, there were survivors running towards the city as their desperation could be seen around them. One was a man who was heavily injured while carrying a fainted individual, one beside him was a guy with a bow and the last one was a girl with complex emotion while continuing to fire off wind that came through on her hand.

'So thats magic...'

While it was not only my first time seeing a huge monster, it was also my first time seeing magic right in front of me. Yet, my excitement only last for  a short while as I notice the injured guy heavily panting. It finally dawned to me that they might not make it with those kind of injuries. They only lasted for so long due to the girl's magic but I could feel that she's also slowly tiring out from not only running but using magic as well.

"H-hey. Shouldn't you guys help them?"

"We can but... That Flame Lizard is a tough one to beat."

"We can only hope that those guys can be used as bait since the Flame Lizard's can hardly be damaged and even with its large build, its moves very fast."

Some of the Adventurers facing the Giant Lizard had complex emotions as their strength was greatly incomparable to slaying the Giant as they decided to let the people die while they deal the blow while it was busy attacking the injured party. 

While I feel that it was insane for them to leave them to die, I suddenly realize that this world was the survival of the fittest so I can't refute to their words and actions.

Yet....

"You need bait right?"

All of them turned towards me as I grab a nearby guy's knife and ran through the entrance of the gate as I quickly move towards the injured party.

Since we are crossing each other, I quickly look at the girl and said a few words before heading behind them as I went to the lizard.

I quickly throw the knife I stole and manage to hit its eyes as I could hear it scream from my unexpected arrival.

"My mom holding a slipper is scarier than you F***er! Come taste some pain!"

I quickly fled back as I signaled the adventurers while regretting the actions I did.

Sure, I did something heroic but I also did something stupid for such reason as to bait the monster to me. It seems that my heroic blood isn't that diluted from my ancestors after all.

"Hehehe.... Ahahaha...."

I quickly laugh at my predicament as turned to the opposite direction to where I left and was chased down by the Flame Lizard who had resentment for me due to the injuries I inflicted.

I didn't care about how much I aggro but continue to run while following the adventurer's orders. 

17