Chapter 12: Contemplating Exercise
734 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upon waking up, I began to start by jogging around the neighborhood since I didn't work out yesterday.

The AI had cause so much events in just a day that I want to jog to freshen my mind and cleanse my emotions. While I have a hard time making sense of all the weird events, I start to connect the advantages and disadvantages upon managing the store and listing out all the advantages I can get.

All the characters I tend to read in novels, see this as a crazy benefit for them but I feel like they were controlled by what they have achieved, after they lost them, they began to be driven mad from the benefits and some even to go as far as being a genocidal maniac. All more reason is because they lived in a novel that the plot is controlled by them which I believe that it might not work in my case if I blindly believe the AI.

Take the Incident with the Monster Incident for a test. While the AI said that its was purely due to my brave and idiotic stunt that I manage to be given a temporary boost in my strength to do an insane stunt like that, whats there to say that it would give me the same benefits as before?

I would believe that I was probably lucky that the AI helped me since the store was an infant stage and didn't have time to transfer to another host, in which case it had given me enough boost to protect myself. I'm not really a protagonist in some book or something which kinda makes me think harder on the actions I'll do.

[Host. It seems that you began to understand how the system works now.]

"Yeah AI. While I am still having a hard time how this all happened to me suddenly and that insane stunt I did, I should try to keep my life at a priority than do something like that again."

But I can't help but feel that I might do it again. In which, it scares me.

Helping out people isn't out of self-satisfaction but just for a good will for us to do. I am a catholic and in which that God's children isn't all evil but bore out of pure malice and which, as his children, we should try our best to heal their wounds and help them when we can. 

While some youngsters today isn't as good as some of those people, I'm kinda leaning out of helping and doing good things, even if I was an arrogant prick in the past.

Also, while I am an arrogant prick, its not like I didn't help people out when they saw me as narcissistic. Selina even saw me as a poor kid that while arrogant, I'm still helpful. I don't have a strong ego but I just like praising myself to be smart.

[I seem to have met such a sad Host. I do not have emotions to help but pity you but I did learn on how your internet friends make a sad emotion popped out from the screen. 

( ͡❛ ︹ ͡❛)

I hope this Helps Host.]

"........T-thanks...."

Having an text emoji popped up on my face, I can't help whether to laugh or cry at this robotic AI having a cold voice, I can't help but sometimes feel doubts about.

I'm still cautious of it even with all the benefits I've been given since there's some mystery for this but I should prioritize on dragging myself out of the gutter first before talking back to the AI.

---------------------------------------------------

Currently checking my bank account's balance, I can't help but feel conflicted at the earnings I  have right now.

To be honest, I am a cheapskake. I mostly use my money to buy ingredients or for the sake of buisiness. But looking for the balance I currently have, I might as well try to buy some more ingredients and sell them to my other world customers. Maybe some of the folks at the town as well.

The AI told me that the store was currently being surrounded by many people as I needed to hurry up and buy as many stuff before opening the store. The AI had said that I can bring anything from my world to there except there are restrictions. I can still bring my phone but I had to turn it off due to the AI's instruction.

Well, it said that it can temporarily acts as my phone while I am here so I didn't have a problem with it.

However, I'm currently buying something expensive since there was a higher up coming to my store. I should be giving a good reception as a Store Owner.

14