Chapter 13: Forging A Background
693 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{Third Person POV}

In the City of Heibron, all the leaders to this country are mostly run by Merchants and had govern the place by balancing each section. One Merchant would manage a single section of the City and are called Lords by the Citizens around them.

Jerhub Witsher is the Lord of the Entertainment District and is known for being Easy-going and a seeker of entertainment. His body maybe a bit chubby but its mostly due to the boredom of the lack of entertainment and the constant eating of food due to being bored all the time. 

But then, one of his Officials called out to him about a certain store that suddenly popped out and he suddenly felt familiar with that announcement.

He seemed to remember that there was a mysterious person who had bought a land in one of his section one day and it suddenly left it out since its been inactive since 3 months ago. He could have instantly close down the store but he did recieve some annual payment fee so he left it around.

Yet, the official said that the store began to open suddenly and it seems to be earning a good sum of profit. 

"Lord, I am confused as to how the shop operates but while looking around the shop, I tend to see the customers playing some visual magic tool that I could barely understand. The Owner began to educate me on how his shop operates as he also told me that he even divided the people based on their payment. 

He then lead me to a room where there's only one he calls 'PC' and a mysterious device which he told me 'It brings the user to a simulated world of the game' and he then told me that if you want to know more, you should try it out for yourself Lord' Its as he had said to me."

"Hmn...It already excites me since this guy has a unique style of entertainment. I could feel that if this 'PC' can attract his customers, it must be a fun entertainment. However..."

The Lord smashes the glass he holds his wine as he stood up from his seat.

"I shall deal with this 'Store Owner' if he doesn't Quell my interest..." 

---------------------------------------------------

Lord Witsher had arrived at the establishment as he saw how undecorated it was and felt a bit unsettled. 

While the place wasn't run-downed, it felt a bit unsophisticated on his conscience as his interest slowly withered. 

Len who saw Witsher quickly head outside his shop as he quickly give a gesture of a simple bow which while it was unsophisticated, it was at least given respect to the Lord for entering the establishment.

"I apologize for such a state of my store my Lord. I am... Len. I am a new owner of this store as it was given to me by... My uncle. He... Passed away while gifting me this store as his last will as I decided to open a shop while it hasn't have a name yet, its called an Internet Cafe as a temporary name..."

Len gave a bit of a background story for himself in this world as it would be suspicious of him without one. He quickly had registered a name at the Adventurer's guild as the AI had temporarily forge his identity and he quickly changed the forged one into a real Identity for himself. 

He gave a background story with the help of the AI as a cornerstone for himself in this world.

He told the Lord that he was a farmer who was working on his field when a messenger had arrived and had gave him a letter and an ownership to a shop here. His uncle was just an ordinary merchant that due to his disease, had suddenly passed away and he gave Len the ownership of the shop as his dying will. 

Len was using the 3 months the AI gave him to make an alibi about how he made this by telling the Lord that he met a friend of his who was genius of his crafts and decided to open an internet cafe by using his friend's invention.

Len also told the Lord that he used the 3 months to learn how buisiness works before opening the shop to make a firm evidence to his alibi.

The Lord who was quite impressed at Len's performance decided to reluctantly head to the store, even if this place seem to be a weird and poor shop.

14