Glossary: Model Four
845 6 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Model Four

Enemy Classification: Ambusher / Medium-Threat / Chemical Warfare

Elimination Reward: 15 Points

Model Description: Model Fours are formidable quadrupeds, marked by their stocky, heavy bodies and front limbs that are a blend of muscularity and tentacle flexibility. These entities excel in stealth, preferring to attack unsuspecting prey from hidden locations. Their most disturbing feature is the ability to secrete biological agents capable of inducing paranoia, fear, or a dulled emotional state in their targets, making them particularly dangerous. The slow movement of Model Fours belies their effectiveness in ambush tactics, where they can utilise both their physical prowess and chemical attacks to devastating effect.

image
Artist Depiction of a Model Four

 


Threat Analysis Report: Model Four
Threat Rating: Medium

Overview

Model Fours represent a significant escalation in the early hive's offensive capabilities, combining physical strength with psychological warfare. Their method of attack complicates standard engagement protocols, requiring new strategies for containment and neutralisation.

Threat Capabilities

Biological Warfare: The ability to secrete chemicals affecting mental states places Model Fours in a unique category of threat, capable of incapacitating well-prepared troops without direct physical engagement.

Physical Dominance: Despite their slow movement, Model Fours are incredibly strong, capable of overpowering most obstacles or adversaries in close combat.

Stealth and Ambush: Their preference for ambush tactics makes them unpredictable and requires constant vigilance in known Model Four territories.

Survivability and Adaptability: Model Fours are built to last, with their heavy bodies and tentacles providing both offence and defence mechanisms. Their adaptability to various environments, coupled with their chemical warfare, makes them a persistent threat.

Strategic Threat Assessment

Containment Difficulty: Medium. Their chemical warfare capabilities and ambush tactics make traditional containment and engagement strategies less effective.

Military and Civilian Risk: High. The psychological effects of their chemical secretions can cause chaos and fear, significantly impacting military cohesion and civilian morale.

Potential for Expansion: Low. While not as rapidly expanding as other models, the strategic placement of Model Fours can secure key areas and resources for the hive. However, they mostly act in a defensive way, and are not a key unit in hive expansion manoeuvres.

Mitigation Strategies

Advanced Detection: Implement sensor technology capable of detecting chemical agents and the unique biological signatures of Model Fours.

Protective Gear: Develop and distribute protective gear that can resist or neutralise the chemical agents produced by Model Fours. Standard PPE is effective in most short-duration encounters.

Psychological Training: Train military and civilian personnel in resistance to psychological warfare, emphasising the effects of Model Four secretions.

Targeted Elimination: Use long-range tactics and weapons to engage Model Fours from a distance, avoiding the effects of their chemical warfare.

Conclusion

Model Fours are a medium-threat entity requiring a concerted and multi-faceted response strategy. Their blend of physical strength, chemical warfare, and ambush tactics necessitates advancements in detection, protection, and engagement protocols to mitigate their impact.


Addendum M4-1: Transcript of Dissection Report by Dr. Evelyn "Dagger" Hargrove

Date: [Redacted]
Subject: Model Four Dissection Analysis

Start of Transcript.

Dr. Evelyn Hargrove: "Recording now. This is Dr. Evelyn Hargrove. Today, we're examining a specimen that could very well be the stuff of nightmares—a Model Four. Unlike its predecessors, this model combines brute strength with a form of chemical warfare that targets the psyche. For the record, the subject was deceased upon arrival, ensuring the safety of our team."

[Sound of equipment moving]

Dr. Hargrove: "The tentacles... they're not just for show. Each one is densely packed with muscle fibres and what appears to be glandular tissue? Strange. I'll make note of it here, and send some samples in to be tested, but at a guess some of the secretions that it uses for its chemical warfare are made in its musculature. I can't imagine why. Maybe... heat control? Why not just have an organ or two in the main body? The complexity here is astounding. The skin is thick, almost impenetrable to standard dissection tools, suggesting a high degree of physical defence."

[Pause for examination]

Dr. Hargrove: "Internally, the creature's organs are as robust as its exterior. But it's... weird. This, again, doesn't follow any Earthly blueprints. There's barely any room in the main trunk of the body. It's all anchor points for the tentacles. The glands capable of producing the psychoactive chemicals are interconnected, spreading throughout its body. They're like a second set of veins. The brain is significantly developed and located in the pelvic region. I... can't find its eyes. I don't think it has any. There's some interesting research out there about how plants can see through their leaves, I think we might have to look into that some more."

[Long examination pause]

Dr. Hargrove: "Alright, so I'm poking at this baby's... spouts? Yeah, I'm calling these spouts. They're little chimaney-like entrances into its body. They're unevenly sized, and their placement isn't perfectly symmetrical. The smallest is two centimetres wide, at its longest point, and about three tall. The largest... I can fit my fist into this one here."

[Sound of a camera cicking.]

Dr. Hargrove: "Anyway, there seems to be a pass-through for these, they lead right into the body's muscles, under its skin. I think... when it tightens its muscles that squeezes air out from inside of its skin, which puffs out the chemical that it secretes. If this were a terrestrial organism, then this would be a huge flaw. It's asking to be infected."

[Sound of gloves being removed, fire in the background.]

Dr. Hargrove: "Final thoughts—Model Four is a masterpiece of biological and chemical engineering. The implications of its existence are far-reaching for our understanding of alien biology. It's a stark reminder that these things won't just kill us by clawing us apa... ah, fuck, there's a hole in my PPE. God, I hate quarantine."

[Recording ends]

End of Transcript.


Addendum M4-2: Model Fours have earned several nicknames among troops and civilians, including:
-Psyche Fiends
-Terror Beasts
-Mind Flayers
-Mood Wreckers
-Mind Melters
-Squids
-Illithids

As an aside, the Model Four is perhaps the most commonly depicted antithesis model in 'divergent' sexual media. The presence of Alien Hentai and other such media should be reported immediately.


Addendum M4-3: Research into the counteracting agents for Model Four's chemical secretions is ongoing. Preliminary findings suggest that certain compounds can mitigate the effects, but a comprehensive solution is still out of reach.


Addendum M4-4:

Note from [][][][][][][], on [][]/[]/[][][][]

The presence of Model Fours within conflict zones has introduced a new level of psychological warfare. Encounters with these entities have led to increased reports of PTSD and other mental health issues among survivors. Immediate research into protective measures and treatment options for affected individuals is imperative.


Addendum M4-5: The slow movement of Model Fours, initially seen as a tactical disadvantage, has proven to be deceptively effective in ambush scenarios. Their ability to remain motionless and undetected until the optimal moment of attack requires a reevaluation of current surveillance and patrol methods.


Addendum M4-6:

Greetings,

My name is Artymisius, the personal AI of the Vanguard Big Blue. I am adding a note to this document on behalf of my Vanguard. Please take note that any attempts to weaponize, reproduce, or use the psychoactive secretions of Model Fours for personal profit and gain will be noticed, and such actions will lead to your termination.

Thank you for your cooperation.

A NOTE FROM RAVENSDAGGER

Tatyar's links: 

✦Cardd: https://tattatyar.carrd.co/
✦Twitter (portfolio): https://twitter.com/tatTatyar
✦ Pixiv (portfolio):  https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/95349224

48