Side Story Poll Two!
1.1k 10 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello!

The last two sidestories have been a real blast to write, but I'm looking forwards to trying some new stuff! Oh, and there's a heap more new fanfic too! (If you wrote one, lemme know, fanfic shoutouts are free!)!

Anyway! I think I'm happy with where Somnus Deus Ex is right now! Let's see if we can't decide on who's story to tell next?

Here are your options:

Neon Girl Happy-Chan - (Set: late 2020s, Ohio, abused child who's an eternal optimist, focus on early samurai. Tone: Darker, optimistic, early world building)

Longbow - (Set: early 2040s, USA, Everyone's big bro, Longbow! Tone: quirky comedy vibes)

Lag & Dial-Up - (Set: 2030s, USA, The two hacker friends. Hack the future! Tone: I'm thinking some corpo vigilantism and some early matrix stuff. Lots of references and nerds being nerdy. )

Grasshopper - (Set: 2050s, a somewhat off-kilter young teacher who wants to stay as weird as she is despite her life being upended. Tone: Some comedy, but lots of introspection and time spent in the head of a character that's very weird)

Emocythe Mordeath Noir (Set: late 2040s, a goth gets more goth-er, fashion and long discussions about appearances and what it means to be a samurai)

Manic - (Set: 2057, concurrent with Cat's timeline, the rockergirl to rock all girls! Tone: Distressed musical musings)

If there are any other samurai you'd like to see more of, then let me know! Or even just... periods of time within the setting, or areas in the world that you want explored! I'm thinking of doing short arcs with each one, just showing a snippet of a samurai's life.

The poll is up on Royal Road, right here: LINK!

56