Chapter 7 June 17, 2017
664 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I finally woke up and feeling good for today since I didn't have a nightmare today. I was in a good mood and took a shower before changing to my uniform. 

I opened Sakura’s door and woke up my Sleeping imouto by tickling her relentlessly.

”Hahaha, Onee-chan that tickles!” Sakura said while she happily giggles.

”I won't stop if you won’t get up! So get up already and take a bath okay?” I said while I stopped tickling her and ruffled her hair.

”Don't worry Onee-chan! I will do my best to be as responsible as you and take my bath!” My imouto said before saluting at me and ran inside the bathroom. 

I knocked at Kazuya’s door to wake him up. When I heard his groaning voice I’ve moved to the dining room to eat breakfast. 

“Mom is breakfast ready?” I asked while I was already fixing the things I need for school.

“Yeah it’s already done, did you wake up Kazuya and Sakura?” Mom said.

“Yeah, although do you really want to be called Mom?” I said while I briefly looked at her.

“Yeah, even though you three might not be my real children. I still want you to call me Mom instead of Okaa-san. I want her to be your only Okaa-san after all.” She said while she moved beside a table and took the picture of our real mother. She was looking sadly at it as she wiped it.

Our mother died in childbirth. That’s why we kept it a secret to Sakura for now. We don’t want her to know that she caused our real mother’s death. I heard my sibling's footsteps and sat on my chair. 

“Mom! I became responsible and took a bath by myself.” Sakura said while she raises her head with a smug on her face.

“Good job Sakura!” Mom ruffled her hair and carried Sakura to her seat.

“How about Otou-san?” I asked while I took my serving of food and gave Sakura her food.

“He left early, he said that there seems to be a new case.” Mom said in a sad tone while she passed out food to Kazuya.

“There’s no use worrying about Otou-san for now Aki. Let’s eat already and leave for school early.” Kazuya said and ate his fill of food quickly.

After finishing our breakfast Kazuya left first quickly. I kissed Mom on the cheek and hugged Sakura before I left the house. Walking to where Hana’s usual waiting spot is. I saw her and waved at her smiling which she also did the same. I never get tired of doing this every day because each moment that I spend with her is a memory that will be cherished.

“Aki, can we walk together to school for today?” Hana asked while intertwining her fingers with mine.

“Sure, anything for you,” I said smiling at her which made her blush and we continued our silent trip to school. Reaching the school much earlier than expected I left Hana to her President's duties while I went to our classroom.

Walking on the way I saw Yuki sleeping in her classroom. Her classroom was just beside us after all. I brought my bag with me and entered Yuki’s classroom.

“Good morning Yuki,” I said while I beamed her smile.

“Good morning to Aki,” Yuki said while she yawned and stretched her body.

“How come your so early today? Never thought you were an early person now.” I said while I sat on the chair beside her.

“My Pops woke me up earlier today. He said that he had to go to headquarters as soon as possible,” Yuki said while she brushed her bangs.

“Why? Is there a new case in town?” I asked since it’s been a long time I heard of her father moving quickly again for a case.

“Not sure since they haven’t found evidence that someone did kill the guy. It all leads to an accident based on the investigation though. I don’t know if my Pops would still find some other evidence there,”Yuki said frowning.

“I see, so who’s the guy who died?” I asked while I thought about it.

“Actually I don’t know yet. We will know it soon since it might be someone from here.” Yuki said while the classroom door opened and revealed Hana walking to us.

“Hello Yuki, sorry if I seemed to ignore you yesterday. I was in a rush.” Hana said while she sat on the chair beside me.

“It’s fine Hana, you two should probably get going and go back to your classroom.” Yuki said while she pointed on the incoming classmates of her’s entering the classroom.

We left and moved back to our classroom. 

“I wonder who’s the person who died,” I said while Hana seems to stare off on the ground.

“What’s wrong Hana? Are you feeling sick?” I asked while checking how hot she is with my hand in her forehead.

“Not really it’s just that I never thought that there would be another case again,” Hana said while she looked sad.

“Well even if the police did a fine job in preventing some crimes from happening here. It’s not always 100% sure that everything is fine.” I said while I stroked her hair.

“Besides they said that it might be an accident from what the investigators said,” I said while I led her to her own seat.

“Well, it’s just sad to think that someone died. I hope it isn’t someone close to us.” Hana said while she grasped my hand.

Our classmates seem to be near and I unclasped our hands. I sat down on my seat and gestured a thumbs up to Hana. The bell finally rang and everyone seems to be finally seated. I took a look behind me and saw that Hajime wasn't there. It's quite strange since he's mostly energetic in going to school even if he's sick.

“Alright, class I have an announcement.” Hitomi-sensei said while she took a deep breath.

“Your classmate Sousuke Hajime has died just yesterday evening. It seems he got killed accidentally.” Hitomi-sensei said and the whole class started murmuring. While I can’t seem to grasp the idea that Hajime died. We were just talking yesterday as usual and he asked me to help him with his studies.

I can’t stop my hands from shaking and my tears started to flow down. I can’t believe that the guy who had been a good friend died. I wiped my tears away and asked sensei on where we can pay respects. After telling it to me she started her class.

When lunchtime came I took my bento and got dragged by Hana to the rooftop. 

“I know you're still sad on hearing Hajime died. You can keep crying here if you want. I will be always at your side.” Hana said while she stroked my hair and face.

I can’t stop the tears that I’ve been holding back and cried again soaking Hana’s uniform with many tears. She kept stroking my back and kept whispering that everything would be fine until I finally calmed down.

She fed me while I had still no appetite. 

“He’s been really a good friend you know? I never thought that we would be parting ways like this.” I said while Hana grasper my hand with her’s.

“It’s alright love, nobody knows what might happen after all. It might have been his fate to die young or die like that.” Hana said while she fed me again.

“I hope he’s happy on wherever he is right now,” I said while I ate all the food that she kept on feeding me.

“I’m sure he is love. So don’t worry about him and later we should go to pay our respects to his funeral.” Hana said smiling at me.

We both left the rooftop then and continued our day studying. After school, we paid respect to Hajime’s funeral. I didn’t have the energy to spend some time with Hana for now so she escorted me back home. I moved to my bed and slept early wishing that all of this was just a bad nightmare.

20