Chapter 8 (Yuki’s POV) June 17, 2017
632 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was having a good dream. But suddenly someone decided to disrupt it by knocking strongly at my door.

”Yuki! I need to leave early today!” Otou-san said while I finally got up to go and open the door.

”Why are you leaving so early?” I asked while I yawned.

”A guy died by having his head crushed by bricks that's why.” Otou-san said while he was fixing his uniform.

”I see, so who's the victim?” I asked while I prepared a quick breakfast for him.

”Sousuke Hajime, he’s in the same school with you too. Very young man, a shame that he fated to die early.” he said while he took his cup of coffee that I prepared for him. 

Isn’t that guy Aki’s friend? I thought as I finally gave him his part of the breakfast and covered mine putting it in the table. Pops left and I took a bath before wearing my uniform. I ate my breakfast and left for school.

I reached the school much earlier than anyone of the students and I felt happy knowing that I was first in something again. I’ve gone to my classroom and still felt sleepy. I took a nap on my sit and used my table as my pillow. I then dreamed of the time me, Aki, and Hana we’re still kids.

We were always playing different kinds of games in our childhood days. I mostly get into trouble though by being a prankster and disrupting the school’s peace. But both of them always backs me up whenever I cause some problems.

Then I stirred up a certain memory of mine. I saw Hana getting bullied by boys but Aki saved her. Although Aki did get bullied I backed them up and beat the boys up. We were all sent to the principal’s office at that time and I was laughing my ass off when we got spared. Nobody then tried to mess up with the two of my friends as long as I was protecting them.

But this time someone will break the bubble to Aki and I’m sure that she would cry. I just hope Hana will comfort her when that time comes. 

I heard footsteps echoing from the lifeless hallway. I guess someone is finally here I thought as I stirred up.

“Good morning Yuki,” Aki said, and what a coincidence.

“Good morning to you too Aki,” I said as I yawned and stretched my body. I definitely heard one of my bones creaked.

“How come your so early today? I never thought that your finally back to being a diligent student.” Aki said while she sat beside me and looked at me.

I then explained my situation to her leaving the fact that the guy who died was her friend. When Hana entered she said sorry about what happened yesterday. I told her that it’s nothing and told them to go to their own classroom. All of my classmates were surprised to see me attending class.

Clark-sensei seemed to be happy though and asked me if I will be turning to a new leaf. I asked with a maybe and brushed him off. After the classes of Clark-sensei were done, Hitomi-sensei entered and finally told the news to everyone. I’m sure Aki must be crying right now I thought as the classroom became noisy.

When lunchtime came I saw that Hana and Aki were going up to the rooftop. I followed them and listened to the locked door. I heard Aki’s anguish and her cry. But Hana managed to calm her off and I finally left relieved that my other best friend seemed to have comforted Aki.

When the school ended I followed them on the way to the funeral. They paid their respects and left quickly while I also asked the parents. 

“I’m so sorry for your loss. Can I ask on what did really happen Hajime?” I asked the parents and the both looked at each other. They then decided to tell me all the details about it.

They told me the information on what the police informed them about what happened. In 10:10 pm Hajime finally left from his work to go home. His bike’s tire was flat and he was forced to walk on his way home. He was traveling on the same route he usually goes through in going home. 

There was also a construction site there for a house that was being built up and was still on development.

I got the story from the parents and paid my respects last one time before going home. 

I thought about what happened. I might be a delinquent but I also want to help people who really needs it. I gave them some money for offering before I left.

I have the idea that it might not be just an accident but this is just theories after all. I still need some information that I can ask from my Pops. I made it home and cooked dinner. My Pops called me and said that he would be spending the night at the police station because he was swamped with work. Good thing he said it while I was about to cook his portion.

“Otou-san I want to ask you some details about Hajime-kun when you get back,” I said to him while I finally put my food on the table and turned the TV on.

“Sure Yuki, why though? Is your detective sense working again?” Pops asked happily and laughed.

“I don’t know hmm. It’s just that I feel like there’s kinda something wrong about it,” I said while I just saw Hajime’s death being reported in the news.

“Me too, I guess your really like me huh? Like father like daughter huh. Anyways see you tomorrow. Also please study and no buts!” My Pops said before he ended the call.

I then ended up eating and cleaned the dishes. I turned off the TV and finally made my way to sleep upstairs. I mulled over the things happening for now before I finally slept.

17