Chapter 21 June 21, 2017 6:00 am-11:00 am
278 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I still thought of the nightmare I had earlier. It was clear on my mind that the man who tried to kill us was angry clearly at Hana. He said that Hana killed his brother. But can Hana really do that? She was nothing but sweet to me this whole time and she was kind to others too. Unless they interrupted our bonding time... Could Hana be hiding something dangerous from me?

I have quickly snapped away from my thoughts when I heard someone knocking on my door.

“Aki! Are you awake now? Can you help me with cooking breakfast?” Mom asked as she was behind the door.

“Sure Mom! Can you wait for me downstairs?” I said as I stood up and took my towel with a new set of clothes. Mom got down again in the kitchen to cook while I quickly took a bath. After changing I then went downstairs and wore my apron.

“Can you prepare your lunch with Sakura? I’m currently having a hard time with this one. I’m trying out a new recipe.” Mom said as she continued to cook.

“Sure Mom,” I said as I cook on our second stove. We both silently cook the food we need before I broke the silence.

“Mom? I got a nightmare again and it was so much clearer than before.” I said as I started putting the food on the bento.

“I see, then you also remembered it all?” Mom asked as she finally turned off the stove.

“Yeah, it was frightening. Does having a nightmare have a meaning?” I asked my Mom as I was still remembering what that man spoke about Hana.

“It also depends you know, but your Okaa-san had nightmares of something that might happen in the future or something.” Mom said as she served the food in the dining table.

“Really? Okaa-san had nightmares of like predicting something that might happen?” I asked nervously still thinking about it if it’s really true.

“She did say sometimes they were true others were false. So don’t think that much about it.” Mom said as she called Sakura, Kazuya, and Otou-san that breakfast is ready. If what Mom said was true then it might have really happened.

Anyways I need to find out slowly if that nightmare might have a meaning in Hana. I need to know if she’s hiding something sinister from me.

As I quickly ate my breakfast I bid my family goodbye and took my bento before leaving quickly. I want to know so bad if Hana might be really doing something bad behind my back. I checked the time and it was about 7:31 am now.

I saw Hana waving at me in her usual waiting spot.

“Hey Hana, so are you ready to go to school?” I asked her innocently and I smiled at her.

“Sure! Let’s enjoy our slow walk then Aki.” Hana said as she smiled at me and started walking. I tried to keep up a face still doubting whether I should ask her about it.

“So Hana, what have you been doing for the recent busy days?” I asked innocently since those times were the ones I didn’t see her.

“You know the same old same old. Otou-sama really wants to drill it on my head on how to take care of our business.” Hana said as she smiled at me and focused back on the road.

“I see well that’s good then. Don’t let your Otou-sama down, I’m also  counting on you!” I said happily at her giving her a cheer. I guess she won’t tell me of it. I need Yuki’s help or investigate it myself since it might be dangerous.

I quickly thought of a way on how can I investigate what Hana has been doing. It was also quite hard with all of her bodyguards. I thought of those ideas keeping an innocently smiling face in front of Hana. Just for now until I confirmed that she didn’t do anything wrong I will suspect her too.

We reached school and split ways on the second floor since Hana needs to attend on her duties. I then entered class 2B already spotting an early Yuki.

“Good morning Yuki. How is that latest investigation going?” I asked as I sat beside her.

“Pops said that it leads to a group of dangerous debt collectors. They were also posing as cops so we had to arrest them as soon as possible he said.” Yuki told me as she yawned and sighed.

“I see, how about the victim?” I asked Yuki as I still kept on thinking about the events that had transpired.

“They kept her identity Unknown but at least she wasn’t raped. She said that the debt collectors were also the same people who saved her.” Yuki told me looking at the window.

“How troubling so do you believe all of it? I know you have a good sense for those.” I said as I knew her since childhood. Yuki has a great sense in these I don’t doubt that since she got me before. I ate her food quickly before she came back and tried to pinpoint Hana. She got me quickly and I was left with no choice but to have a marker in my face with Flat written.

“If your asking me then, of course, I’m still doubting if that’s the truth. I’m still waiting for some documents from Pops before investigating.” Yuki told me as she finally looked at me in the eyes.

“Why do you got a suspect in mind Aki?” Yuki asked me as she looked at me clearly in the eye trying to analyze my thoughts. I moved away and stood up.

“Not really just asking if you already had a hunch,” I said as I tried to calm myself and don’t get myself nervous.

“I see well let’s talk about it next time instead class is about to start,” Yuki told me as I looked at my watch almost near the start of class. I bid Yuki goodbye and left to sit on my seat in my classroom.

Our day went bypassing the morning classes and it soon ended. Hana gestured at me to meet up in the rooftop in lunch but I said no. I sat beside her and whispered to her that I can’t go for now because I had a meeting with my coach. The next teacher finally came and I sat on my seat again. Waiting for lunchtime to come and take a break later on our club room. I need to sort out what’s happening for now after all.

10