Chapter 26 (Yuki’s POV) June 21, 2017, 6:30 am-1:00 pm
198 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up when I heard the alarm clock go wild and quickly took a bath. After that, I quickly changed to my school uniform and cooked breakfast for me and my Pops.

”Morning Yuki.” Pops said still yawning and walking like a drunk man.

I served the food on our table and Pops ate his already. I still prepared my bento and after that, I ate my breakfast too. 

”Pops I might be going home late today. I want to bring the gun with me for self-defense.” I said as my Pops suddenly stopped eating and looked at me.

”Make sure to be always looking everywhere okay? Call me if you feel that you're in grave danger.” Pops said to me as an order. He's always a worrywart for me after all. After Okaa-san left us for another man he always cherished me for not leaving with Okaa-san.

”Yes don't worry Otou-san, I will be calling you if I know that I can't take them anymore alone.” I said and smiled at him to make him calm down.

After Pops left I returned back and took the Beretta 92fs with me and its ammo. I hid it inside the bag and left to get the holster hidden behind my door. I hid it inside my bag and left the house. I walked my way to school earlier than anyone to avoid the bag inspection. I saw the gate guard and climbed up from the tree where I can easily jump inside the school grounds to get in.

I silently went inside the school and changed my shoes in the lockers. Making my way to our classroom and finally resting my head on my table. 

I was woken up with the voice of a certain someone.

“Good morning Yuki, how’s that latest investigation going?” Aki asked me as she sat the chair next to my table.

“Pops said that it leads to a group of dangerous debt collectors. They were also posing as cops so we had to arrest them as soon as possible he said.” I said the words that directly came from Pops and yawned I sighed as I saw Aki looking down.

“I see, how about the victim?” Aki asked me and she seems to be deep in thought of something.

“They kept her identity unknown but at least she wasn’t raped. She said that the debt collectors were also the same people who saved her.” I said as I looked to the window and checked the weather.

“How troubling, so do you believe all of it? I know you have a good sense for those.” Aki told me while I’m sure she remembered a certain memory from our childhood days.

“If your asking me then, of course, I’m still doubting if it is the truth. I’m still waiting for some documents from Pops before i start investigating about it.” I lied since I’m quite sure she wants to tag along with me if I do investigate the places. I looked at eye to eye and she matched it with hers. I know she’s hiding something already.

“Why? Do you got a suspect in mind Aki?” I asked her as I looked to her eyes trying to ascertain her thoughts on the suspect. She stood up and moved away breaking off from my sight.

“Not really, just asking if you already had a hunch,” Aki said as I see that she’s trying to hide herself from me. I then looked at the time and let Aki go instead.

“I see well let’s talk about it next time instead, class is about to start,” I said as she looked at her own watch and bid me goodbye before leaving. Hmm, I guess she’s feeling down from something.

The class started and it was all quite boring actually. I left the classroom with my bag in tow when it was about to start. It’s okay because when that class ends next to it is already lunchtime. I walked my way onwards to the old school buildings.

“Yuki-senpai!” I heard a girl shout and saw that it was the delinquent girl group.

“Oh, it’s you guys,” I said as I walked to them.

“Yuki when will you really join our group?” A certain girl with a black face mask said. She has dark purple hair and her body was the same with Aki.

“I don’t know whether I can really join your group Hinagi. But if there’s a fight that you need help with, you can count on me.” I said as I looked at one of the friends who helped me before.

“I will be counting on that Yuki,” Hinagi said as she left with the others. 5 delinquents stayed with me and were asking some tips for fighting. It’s really hard when some people idolize you.

I heard the lunchtime bell rang and we moved to my favorite comfy spot. I didn’t have the time to eat when my fangirl offered me a cigarette. I took the offer of course and smoked the cigarette with them. I listened to their stories of how their fights are concluding.

When I looked from our side, I saw a certain black-haired and was surprised to see that she roams here.

“Hmm? What are you doing here Aki?” I asked as she saw me and walked to my direction.

“Yuki-senpai is she an acquaintance of yours?” my fangirl asked behind me looking at Aki.

”She’s my childhood friend, more or less you can leave the two of us for now.” I said and they left both of us alone.

”Are they your new friends?” Aki said to me as she was already near me.

”No, they're people like me who wants to skip classes and beat up some shitty people.” I said as I flicked my cigarette to the basin of water my fangirls used earlier.

”Really? That basin of water is full of cigarettes!” Aki exclaimed angrily already thinking that I used all of those.

”Of course I'm not the one who smoked all of those! Seriously, I wonder what happened to your brain as we grew up.” I said as I massaged my forehead by the sudden headache of handling Aki.

”So? What are you doing here? Looking for a silent place to eat lunch without Hana?” I said as I took my bento and I'm sure that she was feeling down.

”Yeah, I-I’m still thinking of my nightmare from earlier, ” Aki said as she walked past me and I followed her.

”Hmm, can you tell me what happened in your nightmare?” I asked as I followed her from behind. Still nightmares huh never thought she would still be experiencing those.

”There was a guy chasing me in that nightmare. He was also trying to kill me but I managed to escape from him.” Aki said as she still kept walking.

”I see, did you see his face?” I asked as I stared at her.

”Not really, he was wearing a mask so I don't recognize his face.” Aki said as she keeps on strolling around the place.

”So you still feel down after all of that sharing?” I said as I walked in front of her quickly and stared at her eye to eye.

”Yeah, I need to eat now though the lunchtime is about to end.” Aki said as she checked her phone. I then have a good idea of how to make her happy. I smiled and laughed inside not showing it in front of her. I will always help you Aki you're my best friend after all.

8