Chapter 27 (Yuki’s POV) June 21, 2017, 1:01 pm-12:00 am
206 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I finally thought to use Shizu for this since she lost a bet.

“I see, I’m just gonna text Shizu,” I said as I took my phone and messaged her. Aki then asked me why I know Shizu and explained to her how Shizu challenges me. Then I told her that I had Shizu get her bag for us and wait for us in the shoe lockers. She was desperately trying to get back to the class which of course I stopped her at.

I finally spotted Shizu from afar in the lockers and quickly rushed to her with Aki in tow.

“Shizu! Did you have Aki’s bag?” I asked as we finally stopped beside her.

“Yes, I have it. Why are you two skipping anyways?” Shizu asked both of us as she looked between us. Thinking hard with her small brain will take decades for us to leave.

“This girl is currently feeling down. Of course, as her friend, I should help her feel better right?” I grinned at her and she got the gist of it. She grinned at us and gave me a thumbs-up before giving the bag to Aki. Leaving both of us I dragged Aki away from school onwards to the mall.

“Can I text Hana before we leave?” Aki asked as we were about to leave school.

I gave the okay and she messaged Hana. We then left quickly onwards to the mall. When we reached the mall I led her to the food court first. We ate our bento and at that time I thought of what we should do to cheer Aki up. I then thought of treating her to a buffet for dinner and teaching her how to use a computer.

“So... What’s your plan to make me happy?” Aki asked me staring at me as I checked the recent message I got. Turns out Hinagi asked if I spotted someone suspicious near her street. We’ve gone through that place after all in going to the mall. I replied with a no and returned to Aki.

“What else? I’ve booked us a buffet for dinner, better message your Mom and Otou-san. Also, we will be playing something I know you would like.” I smiled at her and returned to my phone to check Hinagi’s reply with a thank you.

I led her to a manga Internet cafe inside the mall. She was so surprised about it and I’ve gotten us a room to teach her with. After we’ve finally gotten in I took off my blazer and let her seat in the chair. Thus I continued on teaching Aki how to use the computer and play games on it. I was glad that she managed to get the gist of using the computer quite easily.

I’ve only gotten mad at her once when she was deep in thought. But other than that Aki smiled as she learned how to use it and play some games. The time finally arrived for us to leave and I can say that I totally made Aki a computer addict.

We left the Internet cafe and went to the buffet. I showed them my reservation and we finally made it inside. After choosing a comfy table for us, Aki sat and I placed my bag on the table.

“So who gets to take some food first?” I said as I was trying to stop myself from laughing. I can clearly see Aki drooling all over from the sight of delicious foods all around the place.

“I will trust your judgement and wait for you instead Yuki. I might take too much food that would totally be hard to finish after all.” Aki said to me while she still kept on staring at the food and is still drooling.

“Alright then, just wait for me here Aki okay?” I said as I left the table and went to get some food for the both of us. I thought of a lot of things she would like and called a waiter to assist me. After getting everything I want we returned back to our table and I saw Aki texting someone.

“So who messaged you?” I asked as I sat on my seat and motioned the waiter to place the food on our table.

“Hana asked if I was okay. I replied saying that I feel better now because of you.” Aki said smiling at me. I’m sure Hana would get jealous of this. Even if they both try to hide their relationship, it’s actually quite obvious for me that they’re in a relationship.

“Well, I’m glad that you feel better now. Now then shall we eat?” I said as I took my chopsticks and already took some Yakiniku.

“Alright, let’s enjoy this food without further delay then!” Aki exclaimed happily and mowed down her food quite fast. She totally became a glutton.

After we both finally finished eating I called the waiter for the bill. It’s a good thing that I always save a lot of money and this amount didn’t even do damage to my savings.

We left the buffet and walked our way home to get some healthy burning of fats. I admit I actually ate a lot but it’s not much a problem for me. Aki might end up as a good float for swimming though if she keeps up eating like that. I then thought of Aki again and stared at her worriedly.

“Aki, promise me whatever happens. Confide to me when you always have some problems you can’t handle alone.” I said to her while staring at her eyes. She’s always like this and it tends up hurting her a lot.

“Sure Yuki, I will be surely taking up your offer soon. I might be just expecting something from that nightmare I had that’s all.” Aki said as she looked down the floor again thinking about that nightmare of hers for sure.

“Well, you can always focus on the present for now than murmur or think about that nightmare of yours,” I said as I smiled at her and got the sudden urge to mess with her hair again. I quickly ruffled her hair making her look like she got through from a forest expedition.

“Hey! Stop that your messing my hair!” Aki said as she struggled to get my hands off from her hair.

“What can I say? It’s fun to play with your hair so you can’t stop me from doing this.” I said and smirked at her before I flicked her nose.

“Anyways go home now okay? I will be seeing you in school tomorrow, so later Aki!” I smiled at her and quickly left. I checked the time again and it was already about 9:34 pm.

I made my way towards to where Hajime-kun died. Reaching the place and the old construction site. It was taped all over and has a sign of do not trespass all over it. I climbed up a nearby pole and used the walls to jump over inside the construction site.

I went to the place where it’s supposed to be where the concretes came from. I’ve finally reached the place and checked every corner. I’m sure that Pops and his investigators already checked this but what if there’s an inside person? What if there was a corrupt police officer working alongside the real killers?

As I walked everywhere I felt a hard object pricking at much shoes. I checked it and saw that it was a tie pin? A man wearing a suit going to a construction site huh. I’ve suddenly heard some footsteps nearby and hidden myself in the shadows.

I silently grabbed my gun and holster from my bag. Good thing I’ve already placed the gun on the holster and I just need to wear it.

I wore it on my waist and left my bag for now. I crouched and slowly tried to spot the people who were here. Moving through the shadows hiding myself from sight I finally saw them.

“Where is that woman?” A man clad in a black suit asked and motioned his 2 men to search for me.

I silently hid behind a pillar and waited for one of the men to go near. When he was finally near I grabbed my gun slowly and let him through. I quickly sweeper his other leg down and covered his mouth. I pointed the gun on his cranium and whispered him to shut up. I then knocked him out and hid his body behind some bricks.

“I see her!” I didn’t notice the other man and quickly hid in a pillar. I’ve turned off my guns safety and pulled the slide getting my gun ready.

I saw the man approaching me with his gun in his hand. I grabbed a rock and threw it in front of him. He quickly shot the rock and used the opportunity to destroy his gun. I shot his gun clearly making him stagger backward.

“Raise your hands up on where I can see them!” I slowly advanced forward and saw their leader on the other end. He was clapping and he slowly walked to me.

“Miss Yuki, it’s a pleasure to meet you in this time. Would you please hear a worthy request of mine?” The man clad in a black suit asked still hiding his face in the shadows.

“I might if you show me your face,” I said as I’m still pointing my gun on the other guy.

“Men stand down! If that’s what you want Miss Yuki.” The man then finally walked and showed his face to me.

“Wait you are!” I said as I can’t fully believe it. This day ended with a big surprise for me and will soon affect the incoming days.

8