(3) Page-3 of Diary: Absorb to learn and New slaves
174 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(A/N: Please Comment it will help me to keep my motivation to write this novel. )

Today, after one week, all people again gathered at our home in the morning.

Tuner, "My King! How are your other skills doing?"

"I seem to don't get experience to level-up like Qunia, and others get after killing the hunt. But I will get a portion of all the hunt when eating at least a small portion of it. It does not matter whether I have killed it or people who accept me as King. But if others do the killing, then these I don't get any experience."

I observed it on the first hunt that I did not get any experience killing rabbits, but Qunia and Father did. But when I eat the rabbit we hunted at night, I got a small portion of the experience. It does not matter whether I eat more or less; what matters that I have to consume something from the killed animals. To check it, the next day, I also asked the mother to cook the meal form the rabbit I bought from another village hunter and did not get any experience. Another day I did not hunt and eat rabbits killed by Qunia and father. And I did get some experience but was less than when I was hunting with them.

"It means if we all try, then we can help His Majesty grow strong. From today on, we will also hunt in the free time and provide the small part of the hunt as the offering to the King to Rena to cook for the King."

"Tuner, these are 20 rabbit furs from the King's Hunt. Take care of this."

Everyone went home after this with that objective. At the same time, Qunia has reached level-1.

Adventure level: H

Name: Kola                                                     Age: 18 years

Job: king, hunter                                           Level: 0 (0/1)

HP: 20/20                        MP: 20/20                      SP: 20/20

Body Attributes :

1. Physical Strength: 1/1                            2. Magical Strength: 1/1

3. Physical Defence: 1/1                             4. Magical Defence: 1/1

5. Body Density : 1/ 1                                 6. Intelligence: 1/1

7. Agility : 1/ 1                                             8. Wisdom: 1/1

Skills (divine mercy) :

1. Absorb to learn, level – 1 (20/100)

2. King, level-1 (6/100)

  • Population ruled : 6 (average level-2)
  • Economic power: 10 copper coins
  • Land area ruled: none
  • Military power: none
  • Influence to neighboring regions: none

3. Status check, level-1 (0/100)

Skills (earned) : none

Equipment :

  1. Iron Knife.

____________________________________________________________________

Next week, when everyone gathered, Tuner bought the dried meat of the deer he hunted. Mother, Roma, and Qunia are cooking all the dried meat other people brought. It is 1 deer, 6 rabbits, Tuner and Village chief (Manoj) had hunted. Hunted a deer and brought it for dinner. We had also killed 30 rabbits thanks to Qunia and me being now stronger; our hunting is more smooth now.

"Next weekend, I will be visiting the city and trying to get the status of the guild and church activities."

"Can we not ask Haku? as he is a curch healer."

"No, My King, we are still weak, and If Haku gets some idea and sends the information to the church, then we will be in trouble. First, we have to focus on strengthening our attack and finance power. Otherwise, it means nothing to others."

"Yes, That is true. Let's have dinner first."

While eating, I got a new skill. I was surprised. It is the agility up, a skill which makes you more agile.

"What happens, Kola? Did the mother not cooked well?"

"No. It is not that mother. I have got a new skill after eating food. I think I got it from the deer, as only that is new to my food ingredients."

"That is excellent news, My King. Suppose you can also get the skill from the hunt. Then we should hunt more animals with skill. Animals learn some skills more easily than we Humans." Tuner.

With this new hope, we all disperse, and Qunia has also leveled up to level-2.

____________________________________________________________________

Next day, I thought that is absorb to learn only works on animals hunted or can it also help me absorb skill from the plants, if i had harvested them. So, I proposed that I will like to search for some wild herbs.

We hunted 4 rabbits, and I also harvested 10 green-mist grass. I got healing skills after I consumed one leaf from these grasses. So, I told Qunia and father about it. My father said to me that we will also look for wild herbs from now on and ask Qunia to say to others about it.

At night, I also toked my card in my hand and activated my absorb to learn the skill. I incorporated a small part of it, and I could feel getting my skill stronger, but it was not quantifiable. When I tried to find out what new was. I could now see the detail of the skill if I wanted.

My first Divine mercy skill absorbs a portion of the experience the hunted animal had in its lifetime. To use this skill, I need to hunt with my power or my subjects, as my subjects are part of my power. So, all tribute of hunts, crops, etc. from my subjects are my hunts, harvests, etc. The amount I get depends on the level of the skill. Lower the level of absorbed to learn skill lessor the exp I get.

My other Divine mercy skill implies I am a King chosen by God himself. But why church wants to kill me was also puzzling, so I decided that I will look into it later.

My third and last Divine mercy skills make me able to see status without any tools. So, I plan to discard the use of the status card for checking status.

___________________________________________________________________

The next morning, I happily told this to mother and father while hugging them. I could see my name and level without a status card. I also informed the others. Tuner said he would try to get some cards in the city as he will go to the city this week.

Herb collection could give us healing. Healing skill will make us less dependent on the church. So, everyone was pleased about it.

__________________________________________________________________

By the time of next week's meeting, I absorb 200 green-mist grass, 100 purple grass, 10 red-flower grass, 8 orange-flower grass, 40 rabbits, 2 deers, and cards of Qunia and mine for the experience. She decided to visit the city to buy things for her and said she would get a new card by saying she lost her during the hunt.

After dinner, everyone looked at me with expecting eyes to know, how is my growth?

"I have a level-1 heal skill. It may not be as high as level-3 heal of the healer Haku of the church. But the presence of this healing skill will make sure to avoid church for small wounds and treatments."

"That's excellent news for us. Also, we should aim for higher levels of heal skills. I have heard that Level-6, heal can cure diseases and is the skill of the bishop or higher positions at the church of a big city or the capital city. They are using it for the nobles and rich people only. So, poor people are left hopeless if infected. We can get a new subject in those poor, sick people."

"Yes! we should work hard to level-up heal as soon as possible."

"So, I will try to get as much as possible information from the city tomorrow."

____________________________________________________________________

I don't have a guild card now. So it was decided that Father, Qunia and Turner will visit the city. So we went to the farm in the morning to harvest green-mist grass. We cropped 10,000 green mist grass. Father will sell it to the city. I decided to hunt rabbits and look for the herbs for the two days when others are in the city.

_____________________________________________________________________

When Father came from the city, He brought 3 sets of wolf leather armor and a steel dagger. From now on, we will hunt for the deer. So, upgrading the weapon and defense was done with that in mind. I also like the idea it will help me grow. Turner has bought a guild card of some dead person from the black market for 1 Gold coin. Now, I can also go to the city. I also thanked him and accepted it. The name of the dead man is Sama.

We went for the deer hunt as I could now see the status by touching the person. I know that I was far faster than deer. So, this was the first fight where I was most active. We first hunted 3 deer two were with trap and anoter deer was killed by my father and Qunia. While the last one I killed by jumping on it from a tree and stabbing with a dagger. Now, I was confident that if I find one single deer, I could quickly kill it. The problem was, If they are in a group, the rest of them could attack me while I am attacking one of them. Thanks to my healing and armor, I did not care much about these now.

This week we hunted 14 rabbits, 30 deers, and collected 200 green-mist grass, 100 purple grass, 20 red-flower grass, and 15 orange-flower grass. Now, we had better armor and weapon. We entered deeper parts to look for herbs and hunt. So, we got more rare herbs quickly. While tributes were like this 10,000 green mist grass, village chief Manoj and Roma harvested and 1 deer from Turner.

The village chief, "I have a proposal as our King, had already said that they should keep the income of each house. I want to buy a green-mist herbs crop of the villagers each week and get it harvested by Rena and Roma. This way I will get my money anytime at the end the moment, we stop buying the crop. But this way, we can get an assured increase in the Heal of my King every week."

Tuner, "That's a good idea, Manoj, as we will also keep our money and get skill improvement. Since villagers get to sell their herbs crop without visiting the city, they will be willing to do that happily."

"That is well and good, but we also have to buy their other crop. So, farmers don't suspect anything. Also, we will charge 1 silver coin as the service. Since doing it for free will raise the suspicion that something is wrong to others."

"So, I order that the person buying the crop will be village chief and Tuner, as a new source of income for providing convenience to the villagers. To help ship all goods to the city, Tuner, Pata, Qunia, the village chief, and I will go with it. It will be a joint company owned by three houses for others, but real owner I am myself, and the name of the company will be after our village 'Merata company.' We will buy a slave in its name. "

"Ok, My King! "

"Also, Thanks to the efforts of everyone. Now, I am very close to level up my agility-up skill."

_________________________________________________________________

For the next two days, I hunted 10 deers, 2 rabbits, and collected 10 green-mist grass. After returning to the village, the village chief, Manoj, Tuner, and Father, Pata, announced that they would start a new company that will be selling crops from farmers and sells it to cities. Their commission for this service was just 1 silver coin. As many farmers know that it was a good deal for them, everyone welcomed it. Two farmers whose crops were ready, made the deal to sell their plants to us. It was a good start.

Also, while Tuner and Manoj were now busy with farmers to buy crops, and my mother and Roma were now harvesting them. We brought 10 farmers to reap of herbs crop in the following, while typical grains of all farmers. It was a considerable amount. Every free room and space, each house was now filled with grains. I realized that we were not prepared for this at all. In one way, I could say that it was a strategic failure for our company. Looking at this situation, all of us again had a meeting.

Tuner, "My King, I propose that we need a Storehouse. Otherwise, we will suffer if something happened to goods."

It was usual to panic as all their money was now in the form of the goods. We never imagined it before. It was beyond our expectations. None ever worked as a merchant. Even Tuner did just small dealing of the guild goods form the village. We needed storage, but storage house construction would cost about 50 gold coins and considering the building of a storage house in this remote village. It was a tough thing.

"That's a good suggestion, but we need a budget for it, which we don't have right now. First, we will clear the sale of the goods and then look for the solution to this problem."

In the meantime, we hunted 58 rabbits, 290 deers, and collected 1000 green-mist grass, 600 purple grass, 100 red-flower grass, and 70 orange flower grass. Thanks to all these, I managed to level up. As I was now strong and fast, so all were happy. But now, we wanted to increase our power as a whole. Right now, slaves were one way. But that will have to wait as a slave would cost 50-100 gold coins. Such big money was not a thing. As the 100 gold needed to buy all crops, but we had 75 gold coins only ready. So, we paid 25 gold after the sale.

It takes us a month to transport all goods to the city and sell. We also got a storage house constructed for 56 gold coins. We also donated a gold coin to the village church to get a favorable impression to form the Haku. He was delighted after this as the purchase and sale of crops from villages by a company was normal. We had registered our company to the merchant guild under my father's name and paid gold for a small firm. We also got the merchant yearly pass for entering the city by paying 1 gold coins to the city guard office. This pass will save us some money as one cart with goods cost 10 copper for entering the city.

Now, we were short on people. Tuner needs to take care of guild work, Manoj is village chief, and my Mother and Roma were busy harvesting the crop from the fields. So, my father decided to look after Storehouse and dealing with farmers. Qunia and I were focusing on hunting.

__________________________________________________________________

Next month, we hunted 300 deers, 100 rabbits, and collected 200 green-mist grass, 150 purple grass, 45 red-flower grass, and 33 orange-flower grass. We also purchased 6 herbs crop from the village. Our company now had about 34 gold coins, which was not equal to the initial investment of about 75 gold coins. We decided to buy slaves. As none of us has any skill for doing business, and our primary income was from hunting. So, we needed more people for hunting. I already had a very high leveling healing, so we did not need to be wearied about getting wounded. By making slaves my subject, we could get them to buy herbs crop of the other villages.

__________________________________________________________________

Next month, we had to enter further deep in the forest as our fast and regular hunting had nearly cleared all the deers in the outer-layer of the forest, which was good for the villagers as they don't have to now warry of the deers eating their crop. But, also opened new animals for the hunt to us. Our hunt was 350 deers, 150 rabbits, and we collected 200 green-mist grass, 100 purple grass, 65 red-flower grass, and 50 orange-flower grass. We also buy 9 herb crops.

After selling the goods and subtracting the money, we need to return to the villagers. We had only about 40 gold coins. So, when we visited the slave trader near the eastern gate.

" Welcome! what can I do for you all?"

" We need to buy a cheap slave. budget is about 40 gold coins."

he wasFeeling happy after listening to the 40 gold coins. Slave dealer said.

"That's a meager budget. I think only old people will come for such a low price."

"It's fine as long as they can work on the farms."

"Wait, I will bring the slaves available," and he went out of the room.

As if thinking, it was an excellent chance to get rid of old stock. He came into the room with about 20 old men and women age between 60-90 years.

"These are the only available ones. Their prices are between 15-40 golds. So, You can see and decide which you want."

I came in front of each one and take their hands and then talked to them. Slave dealers did not found strange as many eccentric people come here. So, he decided to consider me as one, after talking to all. I decided to ask about a couple in their 70's. They are a husband-wife slave.

"How much these two costs?"

"They are a debit slave and cost 25 gold coins. If you are willing to buy both, I can give you a price of 48 gold coins."

Tuner, "Can not you lower the price they are already quite old and can die anytime? 40 Gold is the money we can give."

"As I have already told you, they are a debt slave. So, I can not lower the price more. How about it. I will give them to you for 45 gold coins."

It was not going anywhere, as slave-dealer knew that we wanted them and would not show any further lowering. So, I proposed, " We will give you 35 gold coins for now and give you our one cart worth 10 gold and will take it back after paying 10 gold next month. Is it fine with you?"

"Fine, but if you all did not come to take it back by 1 and a half months, I will sell it and recover my money. "

"Ok. And slave will be contracted to me." My father told him. After the Slave contract was made, we left the place. Slave's names were, Ramu and Hema. After this, we returned to the village.

Tuner asked, "My King, why did you selected them as slaves?"

"It was because of the skills they have. Came Ramu and Hema can you tell us about yourself."

_____________________________________________________________________

Status of the MC, other new animals, and plants used in the chapter are as follows,

Adventure level: H

Name: Kola                                               Age: 18 years

Job: king, hunter                                     Level: 0 (0.1/1)

HP: 20/20                    MP: 20/20                     SP: 20/20

Body Attributes :

1. Physical Strength: 1/1                       2. Magical Strength: 1/1

3. Physical Defense: 1/1                        4. Magical Defense: 1/1

5. Body Density: 1/1                              6. Intelligence: 1/1

7. Agility: 1/1                                           8. Wisdom: 1/1

Skills (divine mercy) :

1. Absorb to learn, level – 5(153,376/1,000,000)

2. King, level-1 (6/100)

  • Population ruled: 6 (average level-3)
  • Economic power :
  1. Merata Company
  2. Storage House
  • Land area ruled: none
  • Military power: none
  • Influence to neighboring regions: none

3. Status check, level-1 (0/100)

Skills (earned) :

1. Agility up, level-1 (94.1/100)

2. Healing, level-1 (3.0/100)

Equipment :

  1. Steel Dagger
  2. Wolf leather armor

Plant Type: Green-Mist Grass

Skill: Heal, level-0(1)

Plant Type: Purple Grass

Skill: Heal, level-1(10)

Plant Type: Red-flower Grass

Skill: Heal, level-2(100)

Plant Type: Orange-flower Grass

Skill: Heal, level-3(1,000)

Guild status card

Skill : status check, level-5 (100,000)

 

Race: Rabbit                                             Level: 0 (1)

HP: 20/20                  MP: 20/20                      SP: 20/20

Body Attributes :

1. Physical Strength: 1/1                      2. Magical Strength: 1/1

3. Physical Defense: 1/1                       4. Magical Defense: 1/1

5. Body Density : 1/ 1                            6. Intelligence: 1/1

7. Agility : 1/ 1                                         8. Wisdom: 1/1

Skills: none

Race: Deer                                             Level: 1 (10)

HP: 20/20                  MP: 20/20                      SP: 20/20

Body Attributes :

1. Physical Strength: 1/10                   2. Magical Strength: 1/10

3. Physical Defense: 1/10                    4. Magical Defense: 1/10

5. Body Density: 1/10                           6. Intelligence: 1/10

7. Agility: (2+0.6)/10                                       8. Wisdom: 1/10

Skills: 1. Agility up, level-3 (1,000)

(A/N: Please Comment it will help me to keep my motivation to write this novel. )

5