(4) Page-4 of Diary: Humiliation by The Earl
150 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

(A/N: Please Comment. It will help me to keep my motivation to write this novel. )

"Thank you for buying us, Master and his friends. My name Ramu and she is my wife, Hema. My skills are Etiquette and Bargain, while Hema's are Cooking and Gardening. We are level-1. We used to do business, and now our two sons do it. 2 years back, one of our sons was attacked by the bandits while bringing goods to the city, and we had a significant loss. So, to cover that, we decided to take a loan and earn money back. But we could not do as fast as we expected, and to lessen to load on the family, we choose to sell ourselves as a debt slave. "

My father, "Okay. You both are my slaves, and I forbid you from ever telling anyone about us to anyone and any cost."

"As you wish, Master!" both replayed.

"It is excellent as Bargain and Etiquette are the skills that none of us have, and we do need them. They can be of big help in the business to Pata." Tuner

"He is our King Kola and My son. So, from now on, you have to accept Him as your King. Take your oath to The King."

"We, Ranu and Hema, would like to follow our Master's King form now. Please take us as your subjects."

Today we were rest, and slaves went on their first work to visit Ventela village and try to buy crops of one farmer, harvest it themselves, and bring it to our storage. We asked to buy from a single farmer because we did not have money to buy it from more farmers. We gave Ramu 5 gold coins and a cart. He and his wife will be in charge of this, and they will use storage as a house to live for now as it was big and have many empty rooms. In our village, we can use our goodwill to buy crops from farmers.

In one week, Ramu had shifted the herbs he purchased for 4 gold and 90 silver coins from ventela village to storage. Also, he told us that other merchants also visit ventela village for herbs crop. That was natural, as merchants will always come to places where they see a profit. But what was great here that he bought the same amount of herbs in 10 slivers less price them us, thanks to his merchant skills.

After this, they helped in harvesting herbs in the forest. We could now hunt without need to look for herbs. As the many new animals were in the forest, our strength and defense were higher than all the animals. So, we decided to try new animals to hunt.

Boar was one of them. It was an animal we did not have much information. When we encountered one, I attacked it as I had always done with deers. But that turned was a mistake. Because the wound I inflicted was tiny 1 HP, and the same was not true for Qunia's and father's attack. Thanks to their high level and high attack, they did significant damage. It then charged at me while I was feeling surprised, and it did 5 HP damage, about 1/5th of the full HP in one go.

I then decided to make as many attacks as possible with my 6.6 agility, more than twice boar's and attacked it 10 times, inflicting 10 HP damage before it could again be ready for attack. I became its main target for being the weakest. It again charged at me. I moved to the side the moment it was about to collide using my high agility. Then we attacked boar from the back while following it, and Qunia did the finishing blow at it.

I used heal skill on myself for the first time, thanks to boar. But now we know how to attack boar. We killed two more boars.

___________________________________________________________________

This month we hunted 300 deers, 100 rabbits, and 100 boars. We collected 1,000 green-mist grass, 700 purple grass, 300 red-flower grass, and 200 orange-flower grass, Thanks to Ramu and Hema. Our herbs next crop also matured this month. So, we have the cultivation of herbs from two farmers to sell with other goods. Ramu will also go with us as he has bargain skills.

Thanks to Ramu's skills, we sold it all for 23 gold coins and gave 10 gold coins to a slave dealer. We now had 13 gold coins.

As usual, we gave money to Ramu for business in the ventela village with the cart. While my father will look for a crop in the village. As for Qunia and me, we will hunt just fine. Thanks to my new skills, even straight charge of a boar was nothing to me now.

___________________________________________________________________

In a week, Ramu had purchased three crops of the herbs form ventela village. Then they again joined for collecting the wild herbs. As I alone easily can hunt boar. I killed 300 boars in the month. While we also hunted 200 deer and 100 rabbits. The wild herbs' collection was 1,500 green-mist grass, 1,000 purple grass, 500 red grass, and 100 orange grass.

During this time, unexpected trouble also came to us. The merchant who usually does business in ventela village began to complain to us that he has bought the right to do business in the village from Earl Sharma, and gave us the summon of Earl to meet him in Gazina city at his home at the month's end.

It was the first time we even get to know about such a thing. But Ramu told us that regions in this country are divided and allocated to nobles to manage. So, it was right that we need to get permission to do business. As if knowing by now our naiveness in this regard.

Ramu said, "My King and My Master, can you all allow me to deal with Earl. They are very tricky and can pick anything they don't like as an excuse to make us criminals. Although I am not from this city, I have done dealing with the nobles in the past."

Tuner also agreed on this, "Yes, My King. I think Ramu is the right person to talk to nobles right now. As we have never met one before." and village chief also supported.

Everyone was sad and apprehensive after this. We all have heard about nobels this and that but have never met one.

_________________________________________________________________

We reached Gazina City yesterday and sold all our goods for 16 gold coins. Today was the day to meet Earl Sharma. Ramu, Tuner, Father, and I are going to meet him at his home. Earl's house is in the northern part of the city near the city guard and the church building. At the gate, we showed Earl's summon to the gatekeeper. It is a large house with lots of servants. It has a fountain and garden.

Earl was sitting on his big chair in his office, and his assistant allowed to enter us after seeing the summon. Earl is a fat man with a bald head and potbelly. He has many gold accessories on him as if he is trying to cover his body with them. It gave the impression of some greedy person who loves to robe people.

At present, our identity was commoners for the village, who tried to do illegal business in his region. I could not think of the good things happening here. After seeing the summon, Earl said, "Pay a punishment of 10 gold coins and if you want to do business, then pay 1 gold each month to me."

It was a reap-off. We don't even make 1 gold coins a month from the crop, and this evil earl wants us to pay 1 gold coin each month. As if fearing that we will say something unnecessary, Ramu first passed a packet of meat already prepared to the earls assistant and started talking.

"The Great Earl Sharma! if you allow, I would like to say something. "

"Okay, and make is short."

"My Lord, we are just a few villagers in your region and didn't know about we do our best to the server, the lord. If not given a chance, how will we be able to do so to the best."

" What you want to say."

"My Lord! please lower the tax. We will give you the meat of the tinder wild deer and boars hunted every month, which is much better than the monster meat of the dungeon. It is quite high quality, and only we supply to the city."

I don't know how accurate the Buttering of the Ramu was, but yes, meat was delicious and soft. In the city, our meat also sold well as there were very few people who could hunt and would not get to the dungeons. So, the supply of monster meat was good, but wild animals were low.

"Okay! You will give me 100 deer and 100 boar meat every month and do business in Merata, Ventela, and Amara Villages. Nothing less than this, and as your gift is good; I will lower the punishment to half 5 gold coins."

We got a decree from the Earl to do business after paying 5 gold to his assistant.

"Thank you very much, My lord."

We all left the house of Earl. It was pure humiliation to me who will be a king; you could think what would be my reaction after this. But it was different as it was my first time to see how the people in the upper class in this world work and behave. I need to learn also that. So, I asked the Ramu who know most about these things to teach me.

________________________________________________________________

After reaching the village, I decided, "We will enter the forest this time for a week, and we will increase our hunt and increase our strength. We will prepare an outpost there and deliver our hunt from the west forest."

No-one stopped me as they all know that now we need to be stronger and also have to fulfill the earl's demands. So, it was useless trying to think otherwise. I left after this in the south-west direction, with others.

We moved about 2 km in the forest and hunted 50 deers, 10 boars, 30 jackals, and 20 snakes. This was a wild experience; we usually did not stay in the forest after sunset. Now, if anyone was wounded, I would heal. This week was high on hunt and dominance for who is the King here. I shifted all the hunt at 1km deep in the forest, our meeting place, where we hunted last month. The smell of blood invited a few new guests. So, we decided to receive them outside.

This was a wolf pack consists of 20 wolves, and we were lucky that they were not looking at us, but we focused on the hunts. So, we moved slowly close to the nearest wolves and killed them by cutting the throat. Then, we attacked other wolves before they realized that something was wrong. Then, I moved using my straight charge skill, my speed and strength increased by 10% and all the blood to distract them. I was fighting for domination of this Forest.

By the time Ramu and Hema gathered here. We have destroyed 2 wolf packs or 30 wolves and rest run away. We also hunted 10 rabbits and 1 deer. Ramu and Hema collected 50 green-mist grass, 30 purple grass, 25 red-flower grass, and 20 orange-flower grass.

"My King, are you all right? Did wild beast attack you here? we should evacuate soon."

"Stop! It is all right here. We killed all these animals and others who came to feast on them."

I was thinking about many things right now. I realized many things today also. We need not be wary of anything in this forest. We could solve all the problems with our strength.

"I have decided that We will clear the deeper part of the forest, and we will not have to answer anyone there. That will be my place, country, where I will be a ruler. In the past, Tuner said that all countries are created by clearing forests and dungeons, if any. So, I have decided that I will clear all the animals after 20 km depth from the control of any nobel. There we will shift our new slaves. For the time being, we will make a temporary meeting point is 2 km deep. We have cleared the animals there. From now-on daily clear any new animals will be the duty of person guarding the outpost, while we clear a new region I will rule. One of the carts will be used in the forest to carry the hunted goods."

Everyone was quiet; they all know that I was very much irritated. Only Father managed to gather the courage to speak.

"As you wish, my King! but We would request that you keep at least Qunia with you all the time, she will be your future wife, she needs to take care of you."

Tuner and others also nodes to support him. They were all in a dilemma as they had put their all property to help me. So, It was tough for them to allow me to be alone in the forest.

"Okay!"

"I will do my best to follow my King's order."

Today everyone had returned home after shifting the hunts to storage. But tomorrow everyone has to make a wooden house in the forest.

______________________________________________________________

In the three days, They made an excellent wooden house. Qunia and I continued my areas clearing campaign. I also instructed them that It has to be kept secret from everyone outside. After this, They harvested herbs crop of Manoj, and Ramu bought one herb crop form Amara village. After they started looking for the herb in the cleared area, it was untouched until now. Therefore, they got good collections daily.

In a month, we killed 2,500 deer, 1,000 boar, 200 jackal packs, i.e., 2,000 jackals, 100 wolf packs, i.e., 1000 wolf, and 2000 snakes. It was a considerable quantity, but the area cleared was only about our village and farms included. I have not cut the tree or anything as that was work we planned for the slave. Meanwhile, herbs collected were 2 herbs crop, 10,000 green- mist grass, 5,500 purple grass, 1,000 red-flower grass, and 600 orange-flower grass. I did not know it initially, but Ramu and Hema also started living at the meeting place house, and so they had more time to devote to the work.

We decided to do it in two parts to sell our goods as the quantity was large and could attract unwanted attention. So, it takes us one week to sell all of the products. It was the highest income by us until now, and we got 95 gold coins after paying all other bills and taxes. Our food stoke of dried meat was now also very high and will be useful in the future to feed new slaves. I ask Tuner first to buy 20 guild cards. As if realizing something, he immediately left with Ramu.

After half an hour they returned with 20 cards for 10 gold coins. Ramu had bargained them down from an adventure card for 1 gold coins. I don't know why they cost so much when you can get a reissue for 20 silver coins. Well, that's an issue for another time. We then walked in a side road. When I could not perceive anyone other than us, I absorbed them after breaking them.

After this, I checked my status check skill level has increased. We had 85 gold coins. I decided that we will begin by slaves with 80 gold coins budget. So, we all moved to the slave dealer.

"Welcome, Costumer! I see, so the slave from the last time is doing fine."

"Yep, We need more cheap slaves."

"Cheap slaves are old. You should try using young people. They work hard and more. Well, if you want, I can show you, but many of them have defects also."

"No problem! We will first like to see them."

"Please follow me."

We followed slave-dealer to a room deep in the building. This room has about 50 older men and women, and the atmosphere was not pleasant. It was like they were left their just to be alive as soon as all of us entered the room.

"Costumer is lucky as we were about to ship old slaved for mining work in two days. They are all cheap, and I will further lower the price as if they are free, I am making a loss. So, you can get them for 10-20 gold coins."

Ramu, "If I remember correctly, you have to give them to city lord for 5 Gold coins only. but you are charging my Master 10-20 gold."

The slave-dealer was irritated after this information was said. Slave-dealer looked at Ramu with eyes filled with anger but soon controlled himself.

"Looks like Costumer is very nice to slaves as you can see that I have to do that as a citizen of this country. But I can make a further offer to a customer that all goods will be available to you for 10 gold coins each, nothing less then it is possible for me."

It turned out that Bringing Ramu was a good thing. So, I signaled Ramu to proceed with the deal.

Ramu, "My Master is in constant need of the old slaves. So, if you wish, we can also keep our deal for the long term."

This new offer made slave dealers very happy. He did not care what we will do with the slave; it has always been his policy for doing business. But to get a deal to sell his cheap product at a better price regularly. He liked the arrangement.

"I send all the cheap and defective slaves to city lord every 6 months and have to post at least 100 slaves a year. But I send about 500 slaves. So, I will let you select up to 400 cheap slaves throughout the year at the rate of 10 gold. How is it? "

After seeing my signal, Ramu agreed. I asked Ramu that did he know anyone present. To which slave dealer said, " that old slave's batch is already delivered in mine."

It takes about one hour for selecting 8 slaves, 4 men, and 4 women after contracting slaves to my father. We left the city with them.

__________________________________________________________________

The following are the status of the MC, new animals, and plants in this chapter,

Adventure level: H

Name: Kola                                        Age: 19 years

Job : king, hunter                            Level: 1 (2.3/10)

HP: 27/27         MP: 17/17             SP: 38/38

Body Attributes :

1. Physical Strength: (3+0.3)/10      2. Magical Strength: 1/10

3. Physical Defense: (1+0.1)/10      4. Magical Defense: 1/10

5. Body Density: (2+0.2)/10             6. Intelligence: (1+0.2)/10

7. Agility: (6+1.2)/10                         8. Wisdom: (1+0.1)/10

Skills (divine mercy) :

1. Absorb to learn, level – 5(265,173/1,000,000)

2. King, level-1 (8/100)

  • Population ruled: 8 (average level-3)
  • Economic power :
  1. Merata Company
  2. Storage House
  • Land area ruled: none
  • Military power: none
  • Influence to neighboring regions: none

3. Status check, level-1 (20/100)

Skills (earned) : [Agility up, level-2 (511.5/1,000)], [Healing, level-1 (15.2/100)], [Physical Strength up, level-1 (24.4/100) new ], [Straight charge, level-1 (14.1/100) new], [Vitality up, level-1 (1.4/100) new], [Physical Defense up, level-1 (14.1/100) new], [Poison, level-1 (2/100) new], [Poison resistance, level-1 (2/100) new], [Cooperate, level-1 (30.6/100) new], [Leadership, level-1 (1.5/100) new]

Equipment :

  1. Steel Dagger
  2. Wolf leather armor

 

Race: Boar                  Level: 2 (100)

HP: 68/68         MP: 30/30         SP: 62/62

Body Attributes :

1. Physical Strength: (3+0.6)/20           2. Magical Strength: 3/20

3. Physical Defense: (4+0.8)/20           4. Magical Defense: 3/20

5. Body Density: (4+0.4)/20                  6. Intelligence: 2/20

7. Agility: 3/20                               8. Wisdom: 2/20

Skills: 1. Physical Strength up, level-2 (1,000)

2. Straight charge, level-2 (1,000)

3. Vitality up, level-1 (100)

4. Physical Defense up, level-2 (1,000)

 

Race: Snake             Level: 1 (10)

HP: 50/50         MP: 15/15          SP: 50/50

Body Attributes :

1. Physical Strength: 2/10              2. Magical Strength: 1/10

3. Physical Defense: 2/10               4. Magical Defense: 1/10

5. Body Density: 4/10                      6. Intelligence: 1/10

7. Agility: (4+1.2)/10                        8. Wisdom: 1/10

Skills: 1. Agility up, level-3 (10,000)

2. Poison, level-1 (100)

3. Poison resistance, level-1 (100)

 

Race: Jackal                    Level: 1 (10)

HP : 30/30         MP : 48/48 (52/52)*           SP : 30/30

Body Attributes :

1. Physical Strength: 2/10           2. Magical Strength: 1/10

3. Physical Defense: 2/10           4. Magical Defense: 1/10

5. Body Density: 2/10                  6. Intelligence: (3+0.3)/10 ((3+0.6)/10)

7. Agility: 2/10                               8. Wisdom: 3/10 ((3+0.3)/10)*

Skills: 1. cooperate, level-1 (100)

2. Leadership, level-1 (100)* leader only skill.

 

Race: Wolf                                      Level: 2 (100)

HP: 60/60          MP: 34/34(40/40)*         SP: 76/76

Body Attributes :

1. Physical Strength: (6+1.2)/20           2. Magical Strength: 1/20

3. Physical Defense: 4/20            4. Magical Defense: 1/20

5. Body Density: 4/20                   6. Intelligence : (2+0.4)/20 ((2+0.8)/20)*

7. Agility: (4+0.8)/20                               8. Wisdom: 2/20 ((2+0.4)/20)*

Skills: 1. cooperate, level-2 (1,000)

2. Leadership, level-2 (1,000)* leader only skill.

3. Physical Strength up, level-2 (1,000)

4. Agility up, level-2 (1,000)

 

(A/N: Please Comment. It will help me to keep my motivation to write this novel. )

4