(5) Page-5 of Diary: New slaves and Goblins
132 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(A/N: Please Comment, it will help me to keep my motivation to write this novel. )

We reached our forest outpost in the evening. Further, to make sure that Haku does not interest in what people are going in the forest. The village chief, Manoj, donated 2 gold coins to the village church unit. That night all the members of my escapade joined us at our outpost/meeting point. We had all the work around us, so to better use the new addition of 8 people. We first asked the skill set of all the new slaves. 

The new slaves had the following skills,

1st man slave, name: Sonu, level-3, skills: 1. farmer, and 2.knife master.

2nd man slave, name: Rakesh, level-4, skills: 1. Sward master, and 2. gardener

3rd man slave, name: Gautam, level-1, skills: 1.farmer and 2. gardener.

4th man slave, name: Amit, level-2, skills: 1.Etiquette, and 2. Agility up

1st woman slave, name: Resma, level-1, skill: 1. tailer

2nd woman slave, name: Khusi, level-1, skills: 1. chef, and 2.gardener

3rd woman slave, name: Meena, level-1, skills: 1. Etiquette, and 2. chef

4th woman slave, name: Kunti, level-2, skills: 1. Dancer and 2. informer.

Introducing them to the ways things work here. I allowed Khusi and Meena to make food for all the people at the meeting point and the future establishment. Resma was to take care of the cloths in the house. Kunti will be working as a caretaker in the village-storage facility and keep track of the news flow there. Gautam and Amit will be in charge of taking care of other things needed to maintain the outpost and convert-maintain sounding cleared area for farming. Sonu and Amit will join the hunt team in clearing the area. The required items needed to be asked and collected from Ramu. I also told Ramu to provide Rakesh with an iron sword and Sonu an iron knife. Gautam will look for herbs and handle the job of growing the herbs in the establishment. All slaves, when not doing their work, will have to collect herbs in the cleared area. As we now need more people for jobs. I asked father, Tuner, Manoj and Ramu to buy more slaves. It will be better if they have production skills like blacksmith, lumberjack, etc. More people will need more houses to live-in. So, the first real job of slaves was to make houses with resources available like soil and wood in the area we had cleared of all wild animals. The house construction location will be in the form of small outpost villages at an interval of 5 km with 10 people to manage it, then a large town deep in the forest about 50km. Therefore, we will need to make like 9 outpost villages and one city. This will be a long term plan. Also, We have to make sure that people outside will never suspect that there is a village this deep in the forest. All people not involved in the hunting were working to make new houses to live.

----

In the next two months, we managed to penetrate forest up to 60 km and killed 5,000 deers, 2,000 boars, 4,000 jackals, 3,000 wolves, 5,000 snakes, and 500 foxes. While herbs collection also increased thanks to new slaves, 60,000 green-mist grass, 40,000 purple grass, 10,000 red-flower grass, and 6,000 orange-flower grass. We also bought 15 farmer's crops of the herbs. All our products and goods sold for about 440 gold coins, which made everyone happy. 

Further, the fact that I have now Heal of level-2 and can cure more sick people was the most significant relief. Which was also cause year after year many people to become slaves as they could not return the money they loaned for the treatment of their loved one.

Today, when the hunter team returned to the outpost, it did not receive the usual reception. Only Ramu was outside the outpost to greet them and informed that two days ago, few wolves attacked the outpost due to the meat stored here. I immediately went inside and healed the injured slaves. This attack was how new slaves got to know that I can heal. 

Through this incident, we get to know that we also have to increase our outposts' security. We stopped hunting deeper region and again looked for any animal that could attack in the area for one week.

This month, I told my father and others that we would buy slaves for 400 gold coins. It does not matter if slaves are sick, etc. They should have their body intact and could work. They purchased 35 slaves, of which 34 were cheap slave casting 340 gold, and the last one cost 60 gold has carpenter skill. I praised him and told him that he could make these decisions after a discussion with my father. We have to get more trained people.

Father also gave me a dura-steel sward. It is a very sharp sword and cost 30 gold coins. I also gave him my steel dagger for repair as it was now dull form heavy use.

___________________________________________________________________

We now had a carpenter and many more slaves than before, plus we have to maintain a region more in area than our village. Slaves were now busy clearing it and making their new house to live, farms for farming, etc.

Our hunter team was about 80 km from Merata village or 30 km from our planned town location, we encountered 5 goblins and killed them. Goblin is one of the weakest monsters/demon races, but It lives in a group of large sizes of hundred to thousands. So, I could guess that we are now close to at least one group of goblins. To ensure that there is no risk to people living here in the future, we scouted the nearby region and found two goblins group about thousands of population of goblins about 20 km apart. We immediately return to the new village.

In the new outpost-5 village, the first house was a big one with a large hall attached made for me and also acted as an assembly hall for gathering and meeting. Immediately, I have called everyone and told them about the findings.

"So, I want people who can fight to make a team that will hunt goblins with me."

About 20 people with experience with weapons were selected as guards to work under Qunia, father, Tuner, and me in a team of 5 people.

"My king! If you allow, then I have something to tell.",

"Say it!"

"Usually, monsters are not found much away from the dungeon, a rich source of mana. Which monster-like as it helps them grow by absorbing in their mana core. Which also makes them able to use magic."

"That's good; I will allow checking of the near region after the goblins subjugation to Qunia. I will also look for a dungeon if it is there."

It was not that I had not killed this many animals before; the problem was that I have never fought them altogether as few vs. 1000 fight. No matter how strong I am and How little a single goblin do damage to me. But the war of this scale was new to us.

So, we discussed this problem. Here I could see that an older adult has a lot of experience. An experienced slave started to tell us what is right to do. 

"When an enemy is more powerful. It is better to make it weak. "

"How will you make them weak. I have heard that goblins breed like its nothing and able to populate very fast. So, we can not wait for them to weaken."

"Why don't we hunt and lure in some disadvantageous place and kill."

"It's better that we kill their hunt and force them to move to look for food."

"Right, they will look for food in many different places and be divided into small groups."

"It will take more time as goblins might have food stored. maybe goblins will decide to join the other goblin groups that will be a disaster."

..................

To ensure that all their food reserves are depleted and not refilled easily. Therefore, for food goblins will send many teams of gobline in long-distance hunts. We planed intensely hunt all games in the nearby area in groups. So, I allowed Qunia with 10 slaves to hunt down all the rabbits in their hunting ground as I will kill the big animals. Father and his group will be in charge of security during this time. While Ramu will do the business and the rest of the slaves will work in village construction and the usual way.

This month was though the security of all the slaves. I also have clear the hunting ground of the goblins. While Qunia cleared all the left animals. In two month our hunt was , 20,000 rabbits, 10,000 deers, 3,000 boars, 3,000 jackals, 1,000 wolfs, 2,000 snakes and 1,000 foxes. While herbs collection also increased thanks to new slaves. 50,000 green-mist grass, 20,000 purple grass, 5,000 red-flower grass and 5,000 orange-flower grass. We also bought 17 crops of the herbs.

Ramu went to the city with my father, Tuner, and slaves to sell the goods. After selling the products and paying the taxes, we got 375 gold coins. They decided to by 30 slaves and 50 iron swards. I also choose to sell deer meat as our food was more than we can consume and store. So, we sold the meat of 5,000 deers and got 25 gold coins. Also, I asked Ramu to spread rummer that we use slaves for the meat shield. After listening to this, everyone was shocked.

So, I explained, "This is to hide the fact that we are buying slaves every month. What do you think will people think if they started to notice a group of people buying slave every month. Furthermore, our fight with goblin hideouts will be bloody and much more intense than any we have seen so far."

Everyone could also feel that it was indeed fishy if you look from the outside. Adventurers do the same in the dungeon, so it was not new and even acceptable to nobles who do the same to slave and commoners.

Many good things also happened in the meantime. 2 village families who were not doing good financially, asked my father to join our company. These two families were a total of 13 people, children included. But to make sure they are not working for someone, father said they have to collect herbs with our slaves, and we will pay them 30 silver coins and food to each family for each month. We made them work near our old meeting house with a few selected slaves.

Since they were allowed to also work at their farms, but they have a small farm. They were delighted and worked. After one month of observation, my father told them about us. They happily agreed to be a shift to a new village for bigger and fertile farms. Since all villagers living here had a good, it was impossible to rat us out by them. But what bothers me was how to handle Haku of the church. It was okay if he did not do anything, but the problem was how to stop him from doing anything.

Tuner, "Haku has greed for money. I think we should donate to him more money regularly. I will also convey to him that our work is going quite well. So, we will recruit more villagers and slaves to hunt in the forest."

"yes, that is a good idea. and make it 10 gold coins a month to donate to the village church."

 

 

__________________________________________________________________

These are the Status of the MC, animals, and plants used in this chapter.

Adventure level: H

Name: Kola                                                       Age: 19 years

Job: king, hunter                                             Level: 2 (5.9/100)

HP: 60/60                      MP: 35/35                       SP: 74/74

Body Attributes :

1. Physical Strength: (5+1.0)/20                   2. Magical Strength: 1/20

3. Physical Defense: (3+0.3)/20                   4. Magical Defense: 1/20

5. Body Density: (4+0.4)/20                          6. Intelligence: (2+0.4)/20

7. Agility: (6+1.8)/20                                       8. Wisdom: (2+0.2)/20

Skills (divine mercy) :

1. Absorb to learn, level – 5(840,673/1,000,000)

2. King, level-1 (91/100)

  • Population ruled : 91 (average level-3)
  • Economic power : 1. Merata Company, 2. Storage House
  • Land area ruled: 1. New outpost-1,2,3,4,5 villages
  • Military power: 24 hunters
  • Influence to neighboring regions: none

3. Status check, level-1 (20/100)

Skills (earned) : Passive:  [Agility up, level-3 (551.5/10,000)] up, [Physical Strength up, level-2 (29.4/1,000)] up,  [Vitality up, level-1 (6.4/100)], [Physical Defense up, level-1 (19.1/100)], [Cooperate, level-1 (77.6/100)], [Leadership, level-1 (3.9/100)], [Poison resistance, level-1 (9/100)]

Active: [Healing, level-2 (50.5/1,000)] up , [Straight charge, level-1 (64.1/100)], [Poison, level-1 (9/100)]

Equipment :

  1. Dura-Steel Sward,
  2. Wolf leather armor,

 

Race: Fox                                                     Level: 2 (100)

HP: 65/65                    MP: 30/30                  SP: 70/70

Body Attributes :

1. Physical Strength: (5+1.0)/20             2. Magical Strength: 2/20

3. Physical Defense: 5/20                         4. Magical Defense: 2/20

5. Body Density: 4/20                                6. Intelligence: 2/20

7. Agility: (2+0.6)/20                                 8. Wisdom: 2/20

Skills: 1. Physical Strength up, level-2 (1,000)

2. Agility up, level-3 (10,000)

 

 

 

(A/N: Please Comment. It will help me to keep my motivation to write this novel. )

3