(6) Page-6 of Diary : New lifestyle
106 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Following two months, we maintained the hunts around the goblin-infested area with 4 hunter teams. We made sure to be in touch so that we can help each other when required. Other people tried to make sure that all the new wild animals are cleared in the area around outpost villages. Five outpost villages were complete and are already occupied by slaves. The other four outpost villages are under construction.

In the meantime, we hunted 1,000 rabbits, 500 deers, 200 boars, 450 snakes, 350 jackals, 200 foxes, and 227 wolves. We got 5,000 green-mist grass, 1,000 purple grass, 300 red-flower grass, 100 orange-flower grass in the forest, and purchased 15 herb crops from farmers. Finally, my 'absorb to learn' skill leveled-up to level-6 enables me to incorporate more exp and skill. Now I do feel getting stronger much faster, but this also made me realize that I need to level-up my 'absorb to learn' skill quickly to make meaningful progress in other skills and levels. 

We also observed that the number of wild games we encounter these days were much less than we initially did. To make sure that the number of less hostile wild animals is more than enough to hunt without the need to clear new forest regions. We allowed select areas in the forest for rearing the wild herbivores, like rabbits, deers, and killed any other natural predator there. These were non- hunting zones, which allowed these animals to reproduce and grow without any fear. Now we have 50 herbs crop in farms around outpost villages. We have purchased the right to do business in Merata, Ventela, Amara villages. So, Ramu made visits to villages and purchased herb crops. We even increased our business by selling things purchased from Gazina city in these villages. These were products like salt, spices, cloths, tools, etc. Also, we supplied 100 boars and 100 deers meat to the earl Sharma's mansion each month. Other Noblemen and such stablishments also started to purchase from us. As our circle of interaction in Nobleman society increased, we get to know that the earl Sharma family is a large household with many members with various relationships with the earl Sharma. The one in Gazina city is the brother-in-law of the earl. Sharma earldom has six cities, Sharmavila, Agra, Vasi, Gazina, Delhi, and Luck. 

Ramu Suggested that we should increase the scope of products and areas covered by the Merata company. I told him that we have to be strong enough to protect such a large scale business. Therefore, we will wait for a few more months to extend business to other cities. You can think about why I would be against the development of our business. I even stopped the extension of our cleared area in the forest. Many of my direct subjects did. During this one year stay in this world, I realized that information was minimal at my disposal. I don't know that was it deliberately done by the people in power or ordinary people were not interested in such knowledge. So, I have decided to increase my understanding of the events around me. We even stopped killing all animals in the forest and concentrated only on the area around goblins. I had two significant problems looming over me. First is the goblins in the forest, and second is to become strong before the Boish Kingdom or Sharma Earldom get to know about us.

Further, until my divine skill, 'Absorb to learn' is high enough, absorbing animal skill and exp will be minuscule and not of much help to me. So, I decided to focus mainly on herbs, as we can grow them in our newly cleared farms. I plan first to increase people under my command and grow herbs. Therefore, We are also avoiding any confrontation with goblins. We will not take any offensive action until we have a sufficiently large number of guards/hunters/soldiers to fight them. Till then, only to hunt animal and anyone trespass in our new territory.

In the meantime, by selling our hunts and tread with Gazina city and villages. Ramu made a profit of 150 gold coins and converted it to 12 new slaves and weapons. They joined the outpost village development. With this, we were now more than 100 people to work with me and leveled up my King skill to level-2. I could not be sure what changed, but I did feel that something changed. Maybe if my status-check skill level up, it will give more details on skill. I asked Ramu to Arrange for 8 lost-status cards. By consuming part of these cards, I leveled up my status check skill to level - 2. My skill now shows me more about my skills. 

King: each level-up increase the internal rank of this skill in following way, level-1: Knight > level-2: Baronet > level-3: Baron > level-4: Viscount > level-5 Earl > level-6: Marquess > level-7: Duke > level-8: Prince > level-9: King > level-10: Emperor. This skill makes my people stronger, and their leveling and skill development more smooth.

Absorb to learn: each level increases the portion of experience for leveling and skill I get from eating anything blessed by gods/goddess by a factor of 10. This improves in the following way: level-1: 10^-9 > level-2: 10^-8 > level-3: 10^-7 > level-4: 10^-6 > level-5: 10^-5 > level-6: 10^-4 > level-7: 10^-3 > level-8: 10^-2 > level-9: 10^-1 > level-10: 10^0 or 1.

This explains why it is so hard for me to level up my level or skills until now.

To improve our information gathering, and stabilize our business in the Gazina city, we rented a shop in the city under Merata Company and had Kunit and Amit appointed. They will act as shopkeepers and our information gatherers there. Their regular presence in the city will increase our sphere of influence and keep us updated on events happening in the earldom and kingdom.

In the next six months, we continued our routine. Kunit and Amit did manage to gather many new useful pieces of information about the Boish Kingdom, and Indus continent. Also, war situations of the countries on the Indus continent are, you can say that this world was peaceful for the time I have been in this world around me. But as more news and knowledge about the world is coming to me, I need to think that is not the case. Instead, this world is in the state, which is like quiet before the storm. 

The Boish kingdom has wild forest to the east, Mourning Mountains in the north sea in the south, and Park kingdom in the west. So, the only chance of an attack is from the west by the Park Kingdom. While, the Park kingdom has in northern mourning mountains, west Banga, Mumb kingdoms. Both keep in check each other form attacking any other country. Also, the Banga kingdom faces Monsters and demons kingdoms in deserts in east-north direction. In contrast, the Mumb kingdom has to keep in check Kerla kingdom in the south-west. This is why we need to use this time to gain as much power as we can obtain.

During this time, our hunts and harvest were plentiful, thanks to the effort of all the people involved. We harvested 60 herb-crop, 6,500 purple grass, 1,400 red-flower grass, and 1,000 orange-flower grass. 3,000 rabbits, 2,000 deers, 1000 boars, 2,000 snakes, 2,500 jackals, 2,000 wolves, and 1,000 foxes. We made more than 500 gold coins, and 40 new slaves joined us. Of these 40 new people, 20 people joined hunting teams, 10 people outpost villages, and 10 people joined the business in the Gazina city. As people in the city increased, our rented shop was too small to accommodate them all. So, We also rented a big house in the city.

I am now following the peaceful life of maintaining the status quo and avoiding any sudden events. Meanwhile, my people has presented me with hunts and harvests, 150 herb-crops, 12,000 purple grass, 2,000 red-flower grass, 1,500 orange-flower grass, 7,000 rabbits, 6,000 deer, 2,000 boars, 10,000 snakes, 5,000 jackals, 4,000 wolves, and 2,000 foxes. We have also purchased 68 new slaves, which were added 20 were added to Merata company, 28 joined the hunter teams, and rest settled in the outpost villages. We have also managed to purchase the farming method for purple grasses and are looking for other high-level grasses. With the help of increased staff in the Merata company, we also made our first business trip to Agra City, the nearest large city, and Plan to extend the business network to the next big city, Sharmavilla city.

All the major cities are around the dungeons. Dungeons are leveled by the highest level monster found in them. The Sharmavila city also has one dungeon at the center. I plan to dive that dungeon after I get my absorb skill leveled up.

----

These are the Status of the MC, animals, and plants used in this chapter.

Adventure level: H

Name: Kola                                                                 Age: 20 years

Job: king, hunter                                                       Level: 3 (55/1,000)

HP: 90/90                         MP: 55/55                      SP: 105/105

Body Attributes :

1. Physical Strength: (6+1.8)/30              2. Magical Strength: 1/30

3. Physical Defense: (4+0.8)/30              4. Magical Defense: 1/30

5. Body Density: (6+0.6)/30                    6. Intelligence: (3+0.9)/30

7. Agility: (8+3.2)/30                                 8. Wisdom: (3+0.3)/30

Skills (divine mercy) :

1. Absorb to learn, level – 6 (2,173,900/10,000,000) up

2. King, level-2 (63/1,000)

  • Population ruled : 211 (average level-4)
  • Economic power: 1. Merata Company, 2. Storage House
  • Land area ruled: 1. New outpost-1,2,3,4,5 villages
  • Military power: 72 hunters
  • Influence to neighboring regions: none

3. Status check, level-2 (0/1,000)

Skills (earned) : Passive: [Agility up, level-4 (14,269.1/100,000)] up, [Physical Strength up, level-3 (238.6/10,000)], [Vitality up, level-1 (36.6/100)], [Physical Defense up, level-2 (221.1/1,000)] up, [Cooperate, level-2 (655.2/1,000)] up, [Leadership, level-1 (37.8/100)], [Poison resistance, level-2 (29.5/1,000)]

Active: [Healing, level-2 (565.9/1,000)], [Straight charge, level-2 (266.1/1,000)] up, [Poison, level-2 (29.5/1,000)]

Equipment :

  1. Dura-Steel Sward,
  2. Wolf leather armor,
  1.  
4