(7) Side Story: Diary of Qunia- my life
92 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

(A/N: Please Comment, it will help me to keep my motivation to write this novel. )

My name is Qunia. I have lived in Merata Village since the day I can remember. I know that my parents were hunter of this village, they went deep in the forest and encountered some wild animal which they could not fight and got killed and eaten.

As my father was a good friend of the village chief, I was allowed to live in his family as his adopted daughter. Since that day, I have gotten new elder sisters and brothers, but they did not welcome me much in the family. Whenever they got the time, they will fight me. Tell me that I am not their sister, but that was also true. At the start, I would complain to the chief's wife, but she will not do anything, instead, tell me to be quiet and leave their home as soon as possible.

After sometimes, I also stopped complaining and would run away to the village and play with other children until it is time for dinner. So, soon it became a routine to do breakfast and leave home and come at the time for dinner.

There is a boy in the village that I like. He as good parents. They love him. He also helps his father on farms. But he like a different girl. She is stunning, and many boys also like her, but she like the boy, Zuya. His name is Kola. That's why I could never get the courage to tell him how I think about him. When I become 14 years old, I decided I will try to hunt rabbits near the farms.

----

Today, I am 18 years old. My sister and brother have got excellent divine mercy skills for cooking and farming. I got Traps and Agility up skills. It looks like God also wants me to be a good hunter.

----

Sometimes I talk to Kola. He is very helpful to me. But I know that he likes Zuya. They might get married when they reach the age. But I can talk to him till he is not. I can not just give up. I have attained the age of the marriage, but I can wait because I can hunt well the rabbits, thanks to my divine skills, and have told my father, chief, that I would like to wait few years. He agreed as he knows that I will leave home, he forced me to marry someone. My sister is already married, and my brother is busy earning money with his wife in the farmer.

----

Today, I heard that Kola and his father were attacked by the thieves when they went to the city, Gazina. I have also gone there with my brother, sister, and father for the adventures guild card. I will visit his home to know how he is?

When I reached his home, his mother and father were outside his room, sorrowful. When I asked about Kola, they told me how some roughian attacked Kola and his father. At the same time, Kola was trying to defend but got hit on his head. But now Kola has healed thanks to healer Haku. I also went into the room to see him. He is sleeping so nicely, and I want to stay here with him, but I can not stay long. So, after giving them rabbit meat, I left.

After getting well, Kola is helping his father in farming. Also, he and Zuya are very close too. I feel sad whenever I see them together.

----

Kola has become 18 years old but got only one skill with no use for farming or hunting. So, Zuya and her family have rejected Kola's marriage proposal. Even though she was all over him up to now, how can she be so heartless? But I was also delighted that now there was no one between Kola and me. So, I went home and said to Father, chief, that I want to marry Kola, Son of Pata, and Rena.

Father was a little bit sad as he said Kola does not have an earning skill. So it will be tough to survive as a married couple by just two of us. According to him, my Kola would not be able to earn money for a long time until he gets one to acquire the skill, which takes a long time.

But I told him that if it is not Kola, then I don't want to marry anyone. Finally, He gave up and talked to Pata, Kola's father. Our marriage was to be after one week. I am so happy.

----

Marriage is straightforward, as we did not have many guests to feed: just my family, Kola's parents, Turner's family, and Village guards and their families. I am very, very happy. I want to be with Kola forever.

At night, Kola showed me his guild card. It has a job of Absorber, and his divine mercy skill is extraordinary. He also doesn't know about it. But I love Kola. I don't care about his talent. I need to earn money so that we could live together. Also, I know that his skill was not suitable for earning, So I requested Kola to allow me to continue to be a hunter. He said he would talk to his mother and father the next day about it.

----

The next day, my mother and father agreed to me being a hunter and asked Kola to go hunting with me. Mother asked me to come to their room alone.

I was surprised, but then she said to me that I loved Kola for long and want to earn money by myself to keep us living together. Also, she said that I should just enjoy my life with Kola, as she and Pata will take care of us.

I thanked his mother and hugged her. I was thrilled. I fault as I have finally got to meet my real mother. She knows what I think, and she will help me when I need it. I could not stop my self from crying while hugging her. She is a loving mother. I will never miss the time I could be with her to know how a birth-mother feels.

----

I had never been a good cook. I just know how to hunt, dismantle animals, and could roust the meat by fire. It would be eatable. But the mother's cooking is delicious. She has a cuisine-related skill her divine skill, and it is at level-3. I can understand why a man wants to marry girls with cooking-related divine skills. Now, I know why my sister's hand was asked by many men from the village and outside.

I have decided that I will also get a cooking skill at least as earned skill. So I help my mother with cooking daily for making breakfast and dinner.

----

Today, Kola was running very fast, so I asked him what happened did you get running skill, just to joke. It takes like 3 years to get their earned ability. But Kola checked his talent and said he gained new skill agility up. I was surprised and happy. I asked him now that he have more skills, will he look for other girls. He said that no matter how many girls come, I will always be his first woman. I was happy with this as people with more talent do have many mistresses. I don't mind other women but don't want to part with my Kola.

Hunt becomes more relaxed with it. We started more than the usual number of rabbits. We have more rabbit meat than we could consume, so we started giving to people who were friendly to us.

----

When we wanted to go deeper into the forest, the mother and father got worried. So Pata suggested that he will come with us. Although, he is not a hunter but could be there as an extra hand if we needed and also will watch out for any hidden danger unnoticed by us. I love my family.

----

(A/N: Please Comment it will help me to keep my motivation to write this novel. )

2