(8) Page-7 of Diary : Progress, and Ramu: Merchant-slave
103 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Living with my skills for more than 2 years has taught me is that I have to believe in others and manage them as their King. My father, Pata, always looks after me and suggests to me his wisdom of the long life he has. All the matters about dealing with hunts, adventure guild, church, or other people were done with the guidance of mainly Tunner and Manoj, the village chief. The most unexpected person in all these dealings is Ramu. We bought him as a slave. Due to his experience as a merchant, we made him in-charge of our Merata company and all the financial management. And how he has expanded the company today, I can say we did well by making him appoint at his position.

So, believing in my people, I enjoyed a one-year easy life in our outpost town. My presence has eased the people living here about goblins. Since this town is very close to goblin settlements location and our scouts have cited many goblin teams walking around. My presence assured people here that I am not abandoning them here to be killed by goblins. We have killed more than 150 goblins. Our scheme of depleting their hunts and forcing them to send their hunt teams long distances is taking effects.

In this year, we have moved from farming green-mist grass to purple grass. Purple grass sells for twice the cost and gives me ten times more heal experience. It does require many alchemy concussions from the city, but that is not the problem we had due to our company.

We had 150 herb-crop harvests and got 10,000 green-mist grass, 4,000 purple grass, 1,500 red-flower, and 500 orange-flower grass from the wild. We hunted 5,000 rabbits, 4,000 deers, 2,000 boars, 10,000 snakes, 5,000 jackals, 3,000 wolves, and 4,000 foxes. These new tributes increased my heal skill to level-3. Also, we got 150 new slave people to join us. I made a guard unit of 50 people, of which 20 will move with our company, and rest will be posted in the outpost villages and towns. Further, 30 people joined hunter teams, and others were moved to live in town.

-----

Ramu: The Merchant-Slave

You can wish for many things in your life, but to make them happen takes effort and prices to be paid. 

When I inherited my company from my father, it was nothing but a shop to buy and sell second-hand goods. The only real advantage we had was that this shop was in the busiest market of capital city Ghazi of the Park kingdom. A city full of dungeon divers, always looking for cheap but better things to survive and fight. Our country is the most powerful military might on the Indus continent. We have no big forest full of the demon or monsters or any ongoing war going around. This will make you think that life has to be good in this place, and I can not agree more with you.

To make sure that people with money and resources get to enjoy luxury, you need people to listen to their orders. Such people are slaves, and how will you get slaves in this peaceful country. If you had asked me this question the time, I was young and doing good in life. I would have answered with much confidence and vigor that these are the people who do not do work and take loans to enjoy life and forget to pay, i.e., lazy people. Is not it iron, that people most sought after for work are the laziest bunch out there.

But, when the time came for me to take a loan to bear the charges to save my eldest son. I know there were thousands of other reasons too to take loans for people. Also, when loan-sharks come to my house with slaves to put my wife and me as slaves for not being able to give back money in a given time. I also know I can think that many such people exist who had every reason to do what they did and end up becoming slaves.  

Maybe this is fate. That I know the world better, but the cost is my freedom and power to protect my wife and me from slavery. Slaves are engraved with mysterious magic writings for making slaves impossible to disobey the person set as mater. In the past, I had two slave helpers. Now I am one of them. I don't know what lousy end we will meet. I hope my son does not feel bad and live a happy life. I don't expect to see him again, and I don't know which country we will sell to. Will we be together or separate. 

----

We were brought to the Boish country. We waited and waited, and no one wants an old couple with double the cost. We were sure to be sent to some stone mines and work until we die.

But today came a bunch of misfits to purchase slaves. This was my last chance to be sold, not to stone mines. I did everything to convince the boy in the group to by my wife and me.

They finally toke my wife and me as slaves. I was not sure what we were supposed to do. We were taken to a village out of the current city's reach. They asked my wife and me about our skills. They even told us to become the subject to their said king boy and would not mistreat us. I thought we are stuck in some conspiracy against the kingdom. But soon, I realized that these people are fulfilling the childhood dream of being King of their baby boy. 

As time passed, I realized that if this was a drama to fulfill the baby boy's dream, then it has gone beyond saving, but if it is real, then we need to tread out our path very well. 

They have treated my wife and me with real respect. Even the said King would listen to my suggestions. First, this, after making us their slave, was to entrust us with all their money and business. I could feel that this naive King was very kind. So, My wife and I had decided to fully support this King as we don't have anything to lose.

For some reason, people under King were very dedicated and would also level up fast and show improvement in their skills. We would have a large number of herbs, animal fur, and meat to tread. I was never busy this much, day-in and day-out. 

So, we come into the clutches of nobleman here; I had hints that this would happen. In this city, our rate of growth in business was making many people jealous. Many people wanted a piece of this business. I know to survive we have to go under the biggest backer in the city. Therefore. I suggested representing the company. Everyone agreed. This also affirmed to me that In this place, maybe we can have a new future. 

----

After the meeting with earl Sharma, I would say it was a good deal. But others did not show such reactions. Our King was furious. He decided to live for a week in the jungle. I was not worried much, as these people guard him very well. Even this King does not know to what extent these people care and go to ensure his safety. When King goes hunting with his team, other people will form other teams and encircle him to fight or alert any unknown hidden danger. 

----

We were converting all the money earned into new slaves and increasing our workforce. For Some reason, King will take a small minuscule part of each herb; each animal hunted for his food. This wasn't very good, like mixing everything and expecting something. One day King's father told me that our King could not grow strong like us by killing. Instead, he needs tribute from his subjects to get strong. This explained many questions I had since coming here.

----

Today I supplied King with 8 status check cards form the black market. After some time, he called his wife, Qunia and father, Tuner, Village Chief, me, and said most unexpected this. That his King skill does not affect or benefit him but his subjects. Everyone was confused. King said that as his King skill level increases, his level of benefits to his people would also improve. I could know to understand the level of implications these words have. It means that our King is the most suitable King to rule, as I have never heard any other King affects citizens in this way. This skill of King also explains why my skills were improving. It means helping King is helping myself. This news has made me more motivated to work for him.

----

Now, I have more than 30 people to work under me in the company. We even have started to make trips to Agra city and plan to include Sharmavila city soon. Our product range has increased from just hunts and agriculture goods to daily needs items from the city. Many Villagers now do not need to make a trip to the city. Road safety is also not an issue as King's hunter team will regularly hunt and clear any group or animal who can threaten our security. 

-----

These are the Status of the MC, animals, and plants used in this chapter.

Adventure level: H

Name: Kola                                                           Age: 21 years

Job: King, hunter                                                Level: 3 (164/1,000)

HP: 90/90                    MP: 58/58                    SP: 105/105

Body Attributes :

1. Physical Strength: (6+1.8)/30                      2. Magical Strength: 1/30

3. Physical Defense: (4+0.8)/30                      4. Magical Defense: 1/30

5. Body Density: (6+0.6)/30                             6. Intelligence: (3+1.2)/30

7. Agility: (8+3.2)/30                                          8. Wisdom: (3+0.3)/30

Skills (divine mercy) :

1. Absorb to learn, level – 6 (3,722,900/10,000,000)

2. King, level-2 (381/1,000)

  • Population ruled : 361 (average level-4)
  • Economic power: 1. Merata Company, 2. Storage House
  • Land area ruled: 1. New outpost:1-10 villages, 2. outpost town
  • Military power: 102 hunters, 50 guards
  • Influence to neighboring regions: none

3. Status check, level-2 (0/1,000)

Skills (earned) : Passive: [Agility up, level-4 (32,569/100,000)], [Physical Strength up, level-3 (1,138/10,000)], [Vitality up, level-1 (56.6/100)], [Physical Defense up, level-2 (421/1,000)], [Cooperate, level-3(5/10,000)] up, [Leadership, level-1 (55.3/100)], [Poison resistance, level-2 (129/1,000)]

Active: [Healing, level-3 (1,135/10,000)] up, [Straight charge, level-2 (466/1,000)], [Poison, level-2 (129/1,000)]

Equipment :

  1. Dura-Steel Sward,
  2. Wolf leather armor.
2