(16) Page-14 of Diary: The quiet before the storm
43 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, everyone! Thank you for reading my work until now. I have re-written and corrected all the old chapters. I hope you like it. Please comment and give feedback.

After saying our goodbyes, we left the orphanage, many noblemen wanted to invite me to visit, but I declined, stating that my visit is preplanned and would visit next time.

In the morning, the next day, we started our journey by carriage and my 20 guards. Few other caravans of cargo followed us by other merchants groups. Looking at my inquiring eyes, Amit explained that Merata company security is said to be the best. So, moving with us reduces the chances of caravan getting looted by bandits. In the past, some bandits groups tried their luck on the Merata company caravan. After some time, our guards' forces visited their hideouts and killed them. This leads to the unsaid rule in the bandits that if you want to live, then don't mess with Merata company or related.

My arrival at Agra city was followed by a similar visit to the orphanage and visit by Earl Sharma's brother Gaurav Sharma. Gaurav wanted to do business together and proposed that he would like to purchase some luxury goods, but these were from the capital city. After consulting with Amit and Kunti, I told him that for the time being, these deals are not possible for Merata company as our business network is mainly concentrated in the Sharma Earldom. So, moving things from capital is not possible. But if he can wait for a few years, we might be of help. With a disappointed look, Gaurav left the deal for another firm.

Many old firms/businesses wanted to control us, but the problem was in the fact that our main customers' group is very different from them. While These old merchants groups target noblemen and rich people, our target group is ordinary people mainly, and deals with noblemen or rich people were occasional. So, whether these deals are blocked or not does affect our business much.

This approach has become a headache for all these old merchant houses as they take pride in their dealings with noblemen and rich people and fight for these. While our satisfaction is in common, people plus our charity with the church orphanage had masses goodwill towards Merata Company are sky-high. So, any scheming of the defaming trip does not work anymore. These merchants' families have done the only thing to isolate us in the merchant trade union/ guild. The only use merchant guild was to get a free pass to enter cities with goods making these families utterly speechless on our no reaction to all their effort.

I reached Sharmavilla city after nine days from the start of the seaport town. After visiting all these cities and observing the influence of the Merata company. I have decided to fully fortify and capture Merata village as Merata company factory house and ultimately close the outside world from accessing it. I could feel the greedy eyes of all these influential people ready to exploit us, assuming us chicken soap, I will let them feel what it means chowing iron balls.

Amit and Kunti have sent my message to Ramu with the secret communication channel they use regularly. Auction is still six days ahead of auction days.

Sharmavilla city is a beautiful large city, and Gazina city is nothing in comparison. I visited the market did shopping for various things I found interesting, like crazy. I spend more than 500 gold coins in four days. It became known to the whole city that a person is dong shopping like a lunatic and would buy anything as long as you can convince him that this might be useful to him in the future. Even Kunti and Amit showed the sign of worry on their faces, and then I have to explain to them why I have behaved in this way. I told them that I want to take these things to Dawn Academy, show that expert and young talent with study these, and use them for future reference for innovation and discoveries. This information made them look at me like I am some great philosopher. Adding this to my past few lucky decisions like adopting the orphanage has ascended me to a great wise King in my few employees' eyes. Hence, a rumor spread in the Merata Company that all of my actions are very decisive and wisely made with a hidden plan for our kingdom's long-term development. That is, every action has some hidden meaning. It became their game to predict why I make a certain decision or take action or the hidden motive behind it.

Thanks to these shopping spare, all the people in the city, who came for auction toke this as my declaration of war on them. It was like I am saying that I will get all the good things in the auction. Even our old enemies, Merchant families, took this pseudo-war like a real chance to get even with us for all their headaches. They even started to liquidate many of their properties. So, did many other people we had offended knowingly and unknowingly.

Meanwhile, Son of Earl Sharma was very happy with whatever was going on in the city. He also got the news of this pseudo-war at auction against me. To him, more people are fighting with money in the auction; more money he makes. More merit he will earn in the family and secure his future. Therefore, unlike all the cities till now Sharma family did not approach me to meet. So, I had some lucky peaceful days or more like this was the calm before the coming storm.

1