(21) Page-19 of Diary: Betrayal, devil and war
55 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

While I was dreaming of my glorious future, fate has something else planned. After seeing how fast the Merata company was growing in the Boish Kingdom. He becomes restless, summoned me to the Capital. 

"I heard you grown quite the fortune." (King)

"All but the great King's mercy."

"and yet I am still not given my dues.from today onwards submit 1 million golds each year to Royal treasury." (King)

"As you wish."

----

This incident again reminded me of my weak standing due to hiding me real status. I wished every moment of this meeting to declarer my claim of my Kingdom. But I have to stop for fear of the future of my Kingdom.

----

While I was facing the betrayal of King of a small sum of money, the King's brother approached Ramu for a meeting with me. So, I moved for the Odisa city after giving our shame to the royal treasury of Boish.

----

Meeting, Stephan Odisa, the elder brother of the King and Duke of Odisa was everything but ordinary for me. In comparison, he received me with a great welcome. But I could not warrant any reason for doing this much. While I was talking to my inner demons, he spoke to me.

"Kola, How does it feel doing such great business."

"It is all due to your support."

"But I see in you a man of great ambitions. Why not think beyond coins."

"What do you imply my friend."

I could see that this meeting between us can be answers to many of my perils.

"Looks like I found the right man. not some empty husk of said man."

"Speak your thoughts, my friend. You are with a friend."

"why serve my incompetent brother? why not make your KingdomKingdom?"

"I ear."

"I want you to provide me with food and money for the coming years, and we will together attack the KingdomKingdom. everything east Kavery river yours and west will be mine."

"You speak as if telling of my goodwill but you are no f=diffrent from your brother in your demands."

"I know my brother ask of you 1 million golds a year. I may not be in the Capital, but my ears and eyes are still there. I do not want such money I want food for my army and money for a weapon for them to fight the coming battle. I am not my brother who survive on sucking other peoples hard works while forcing his duties and wars for others."

"What about your other brother?"

"I speak on behalf of both."

"But my money is made from the drops of blood of the slaves. To add the burden of your army, I might need slaves not counted by Capital to put into earning this extra money."

"What do these war-torn dukes have if not for hungry people or slaves. hahaha"

"hahaha! If you promise me this. I will make sure that your army is well feed and equipped, friends."

----

While King was happy with his extra earned coins, his brothers work preparing an army to run through his heart. But, we were running various services for people of all ages in the Kingdom. For young uncared have an orphanage, old have Merata nursing home, and youngs were coxed into slavery for a better future, life and money.

Corruption runs through the veins of this KingdomKingdom. No official of King nor the noblemen cared about these happenings. They were bathing in their luxury and riches from the taxes of people. 

People were tired of cruelty and negligence of King and noblemen in the past. This detachment of people to King and events orchestrated by many other forces in the shadows has cooked the Boish Kingdom into a land mine. This landmine was eager to be triggered. But, who would have thought that Trigger would be the wedding of the King Boish with his 16th wife, the daughter of viscount Tiwari?

King invited all the noblemen to join him in glory and present the gifts. I was also called, and so were his brothers. This moment was the time when all the regions were leaking their leaders to command. All the power of the nation was concentrated in the Capital. I was happy about my deal with the duke of Odisha. As is officially liberates me to cross the Kaveri river passing from east of the city. So, I did not need to care about the capital city and thanks to the constant presence of Merata company and support of people I know whom to silent and whom to accept in all people of this Kingdom.

Before I could book my ticket to enjoy the show going to unveil in this KingdomKingdom between the fight of brothers, my sky im=nfomed me of the situations that made me take the matter in my hands. Two brothers of the King could not decide their division of interest and land, were now fighting among themselves. At the same time, this recent civil war and inner turmoil of KingdomKingdom give a decent chance to Park kingdom to attack the Kingdom which Park kingdom waited for decades.

Every Merata company branches are like a fortress with the ability to fight for 3-6 months in any defensive war. Forces in these branches were used to easily control and fight back the opposition by noblemen and other authorities. But, our excellent work done for the people in many past years were not for show and led to the unbreaking support for us. This favour has lead to the rebellion in armies following our call. Thanks to this we controlled the all the non-warring region of the KingdomKingdom and surrounded the Capital. Furthermore, given the situation, our confrontation was also extended to King's two brothers lead the army and the advancing army of the Park Kingdom.

----

In a dark room, Boish Capital city,

"To think the vision shown by Gods were to come true in this way. How can there be a merchant who does de-a-coup of Kingdom? I think this Kola is the Devil God's Spawn Spoken ages ago to kill. We killed many, yet this devil survived. We will make sure that non of his man get the blessing of gods or our healings" (Cardinal of Church to the Boish Kingdom ) 

The Boish Kingdom has one Cardinal (Healing, level-7) and six bishops (Healing, level-5-6)

"Cardinal! but all people facer him and he has done much-needed service to people" (1st Bishop)

"Whispers of the devil are always sweeter, but cost you your faith in God himself." (Cardinal)

"As you wish Cardinal." (every bishop)

----

In the meeting hall, King's Palace,

"The fucking Merata merchants dared to capture my Kingdom. How dare they?"(King)

"You gave your hand to them and the chance to rise in glory and power. Yet, they are shitting on that very hand of yours."(1st nobleman)

"I heard that even the Cardinal condemned him as the devil himself and bared all the church to add their cause."(2nd nobleman)

"My King! we have all the finest men of the Kingdom here. We shall crush them beneath them."(3rd nobleman)

"For the glory of the king."(everyone)

""

Outside of Boish capital city

Up until now, all other regions were captured without much blood, due to support of the public. There was three front/ area where we needed to shed blood. I decided that Capital will be the start of fall ok the Boish Kingdom.

First large scale attack by Merata/Kola Kingdom army and navy were on the Boish capital city. So I decided to take part in it. Status point of view I would be one of the strongest on this whole continent. Even reaching the level-7 take people lifetime and here I have already crossed this level and reached level-8. Further, my presence will give a morale boost to the army. I had four directions I could attack the city, but the least defensive side was riverside in the east and attacking from the water was hard and easy to defend.

This city has three layers of the wall in the capital city. First fortification wall protract the city, while the second fortification wall protects noblemen, and the final third fortification is king palace to protect royalty/king. 

To avoid the unnecessary causality asked the ship with me to alone move close to the City gate facing the gate. This war is time for me to show off my water manipulation to the world. Putting my hands in from of me like I was holding a basketball and manipulated the river water into a large driller of length 5 m, radius 1m, and rammed it into the gate. 

Noblemen, Solider and Commander thought that I newly acquired the water magic through a magic book and would use water ball. They also mistook my driller to a magic missile. As soon as my spell attacked the gate and shook the whole gate, they started to question my skill level.

Bowman shoots the arrow and magicians cast their fire, water, wind, earth, lightning, etc. magic attacks at me. I cast the water sphere shield shell around the ship. Soon it was clear that if this goes on, I will not get time to break open the temperature.

I asked the nearest solders to dring the javelins and order others, archers, to shoot arrows to support. I aimed at magicians who were the most significant nuisance in this attack. My first aim was at the fire mage next to the commander, while he was busy casting. Suddenly, all collected mana in his hand, vanished in the air as made another hole in his forehead. So, five more magicians also faced a similar fate, and then all the magician became focused on the defensive. This new change gave me the much needed time to focus on the gate while soldiers keep them busy.

Gate break opens in the third go. And I order the attack signal to other ships. I could see that commander and other noblemen are retreating leaving the soldiers. Now, I decide to make sure that we have all ordinary citizen area under controls. It takes us to secure all the area with soldiers to make sure nothing unexpected is lurking in it.

Next region will be problematic as the church is also in noble residence region. After the cardinals, the announcement on me being devil all support to us from church stopped, and many people started to have second thoughts. We even faced a few fanatics trying to attack me to kill the devil. But first major causality happened when a magician fanatic came to me running, and self detonated like a bomb and killed 10 of my guards and 234 soldiers injured. Many of these wounded men have lost limbs in the blast. I used area heal to stabilise all the man and then used to heal or major heal according to the need. I used the Regeneration on them and has their limbs regrow. This action was my first public display of high-level heal magic of level-9 Regeneration. It is believed that usually, only the pope can use this level of the spell. This has elevated the morale of our army and people supporting us allot.

---

The church, Capital city, the Boish Kingdom

"What should we do Cardinal?" (1st Bishop)

"What happened? How dares to cause the trouble for the church?" (2nd bishop)

"Master of Merata has used the healing magic of level-9 in public." (1st bishop)

"This is not possible. Only the pope of the church in Kerala city can use level-9 heal on this whole continent. " (Cardinal)

"I fear, not anymore he will be the only person."(1st Bishop)

"How reliable is the source."(3rd Bishop)

"I have interviewed the person how came to tell the news. He had witnessed the act himself."(1st Bishop)

The room became silent Cardinal and bishops looked at each other. Not sure what to do now.

The church is a very lofty status. Even in war, no one dared to kill church people else they will not get any heal or blessing from the gods through a church. These being church monopoly, there was no other way around. But news that there are people other than church capable of using this high-level heal magic will challenge the church position.

----

Status of the MC's in this chapter:

Adventure level: H                                                                              Race: Human

Name: Kola                                                                                            Age: (32>36) years/32* years

Job: King, hunter                                                                                 Level: (5>8) (20,949,024/100,000,000)

HP: 305/305                               MP: 314/314 (Mana Stone:157)                           SP: 310/310

Body Attributes :

1. Physical Strength: (10+10.0)/80                                                   2. Magical Strength: 8/80

3. Physical Defense: (10+9.0)/80                                                      4. Magical Defense: 8/80

5. Body Density: (10+7.0)/80                                                             6. Intelligence: (8+8.8)/80

7. Agility: (10+7.0)/80                                                                         8. Wisdom: (8+4.0)/80

Skills (divine mercy) :

1. Absorb to learn, level-(7>9) (777,402,852/10,000,000,000)

2. King, level-(3>6) (5,055,210/10,000,000)

  • Population ruled : (5,105,51) (average level-2)
  • Economic power: a. Merata Company(30,000), b. Merata Storage Houses(1,400), c. Merata Slave company(10,000), d. Merata Construction company(25,000), e.Tread Corridor complex(1,110).
  • Land area ruled: a. New outpost: 1-10 town, b. Outpost city,

          c. Warrior-Graduation area: 1-10 fortress town, d. Seaport: 1-4 city. 

          e. the Boish Kingdom

  • Military power: Hunters (300,000, avg. level-5), Guards (500,000, avg. level-4), soldiers (1,500,000, avg. level-4), Adventures(15,000, avg. level-4), Merata Guards(600,000, avg. level-4), Merata Navy (250,000, avg. level-5)
  • Influence on neighbouring regions: the Boish Kingdom: High; Indus Continent: low

3. Status check, level-(3>4) (9,000/100,000)

Skills (earned) {Passive}: 

[Agility up, level-(6>7) (4,041,569/100,000,000)], [Physical Strength up, level-(5>9) (999,846,138/10,000,000,000)], [Vitality up, level-(3>7) (50,443,856/100,000,000)], [Physical Defense up, level-(4>9) (999,488,421/10,000,000,000)], [Cooperate, level-(4>6) (5,790,005/10,000,000)], [Leadership, level-(3>5) (233,855/1,000,000)], [Poison resistance, level-(4>6) (409,129/10,000,000)], [Swordmaster, level-(2>5) (292,623)/1,000,000)], [Spearmaster, level-(2>3) (2,622/10,000)], [Magic correction, level-1 (0.1/100], [Mana Sense, level-1 (0.1/100)],[Superstrength, level-1 (0.1/100)], [dark vision, level-(3>8) (48,891,900/1,000,000,000)], [Mana Stone, level-(3>5) (1,900/1,000,000)], [Stealth, level-(1>6) (4,888,900/10,000,000)],[Magic hand, level-(1>6) (888,900/10,000,000)], [Water Magic Resistance, level-(1>5) (688,900/1,000,000)], [Sharp teeth, level-(1>5) (288,900/1,000,000)].

Skill (earned) {Active}: 

[Healing, level-(6>9) (6,006,112,341/10,000,000,000)], [Straight charge, level-(4>7) (4,438,466/100,000,000)], [Poison, level-(4>6)(409,129/10,000,000)], [Jevalin thrown, level-(2>3) (2,612/10,000)], [Stone throw, level-(2>4) (90,167/100,000)], [Sex, level-(2>4) (90,185/100,000)], [Fire Magic, level-(3>5) (891,901/1,000,000)], [War Cry, level-1 (0.1/100)], [Rapid charge, level-3 (1,900/10,000)], [Stone skin, level-(1>9) (3,088,888,900/10,000,000,000)], [Water Magic, level-(1>7), (94,888,900/100,000,000)], [Metal skin, level-(1>4) (28,900/100,000)].

Equipment :

  1. Dura-Steel Sward,
  2. Dura-Steel Spear,
  3. Wolf leather armour,
  4. Space ring.

Note: MC's King skill reflects the average age of followers as his apparent upper age. 

1