Chapter Six
140 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Sage’s POV]

“Alright Mr Clark, we are done, you can get off the bed now,” the nurse says to me. Lifting up slowly I feel aches all over my body but grit my teeth and climb of the bed and slowly sit down on the wheelchair.

She pushes me out while I wave at the doctor and give him an uncomfortable smile that makes him raise a brow and order the nurse to add pain killers to my drip, he also tells me to let them know if I’m aching and I should also let my boyfriend know – ‘my boyfriend’, I wonder why they’re calling Ethan that.

The door opens and I see Ethan stand across from me with a distant look in his eyes. It quickly goes away and he smiles at me. He lets the nurse know that he can handle it from here and she nods telling him that she’ll be there soon and that she was just going to get me some pain relieving injection.

I look up at him as he pushes the wheelchair towards my room. He looks down with a smirk and raises a questioning brow at me. Facing forward again I place my hands over my face, it’s really hard not squealing like a girl.

We stop beside my bed and as I try to get up, Ethan’s hands slide smoothly under my knees and behind my back. Holding me in a firm grip I look at him in shock!

He pushes the wheelchair out of the way with his leg and lays me down, “T-thank you,” I mutter embarrassed.

Hearing him chuckle I look up. He kisses my forehead and goes to fold the wheelchair; pulling the chair over that was near the wall he sits down and looks up at me. Our eyes meet and I can’t help but be embarrassed.

Pulling the sheet over my knees to my waist I lean down and look up at the ceiling. I really can’t believe this, I’m alive and Ethan is by my side not to mention he said he broke off the engagement – I wonder how.

“Ethan, can you make the bed sit up slightly, I’m a bit uncomfortable,” I say, lying through my teeth, I can’t have him know that I just want to see his handsome face.

He doesn’t say anything and I feel the bed adjust and my view slowly moving. Seated up I pull the sheets properly and raise my legs so that my knees are propped up. Turning my head I look at Ethan, he looks like he hasn’t been eating and he didn’t shave so the scuff is there, it’s not long but its there.

“What’s wrong?” he asks making me meet his eyes.

“The doctor said you’re my boyfriend,” I say hesitantly.

He smiles and nods, “Yeah, sorry about that, they said only family could stay with you and I told them that I’m you’re boyfriend so they gave in.”

My mouth forms an ‘o’ and I nod but freeze at his next words, “But if you don’t mind it, we can make you and I official.”

He leans forward a breath away from my face, with a loving smile he asks, “So what’s your answer?”

I gulp and my eyes dart all over the room trying to avoid his piercing gaze. He cupped his hand over my exposed cheek, “Look at me Sage,” he says in a demanding and husky voice.

I look at him and I feel tears forming in my eyes. He smiles gently while wiping my eyes, “So, will you accept or not?”

I nod my head slightly which makes him beam, “Well baby boy, thank you for accepting,” he leans in and kisses my lips.

A gasp comes from the doorway making us both snap out heads so fast it’s a miracle that we didn’t get whiplash. My parents and siblings are staring at us and I’m guessing the gasp came from Samantha since her mouth is open.

I suddenly feel nervous because my brother and father are glaring at Ethan and me.

*

After my father returns from speaking to the doctor, he sits beside me and looks at me sadly. My mother and siblings too… Ethan left for us all to be alone and honestly, I wish he never left – he’s my boyfriend now so why must he leave?

I don’t tell my family about this nor do I want to speak about what I’ve been going through these past twenty years. I’m surprised that they aren’t asking questions about Ethan and I kissing and about why I went suicidal – I’m glad though.

Three days later I was released. Ethan is walking behind me while pushing the wheelchair and telling me that I’ll be living with him from now on so that he can keep an eye out for me. I smiled at him because I don’t really care… as long as I am with him, nothing will happen again.

We get into his car and he drives off out of town. We arrive at a beautiful house inside a clearing. The house is beautifully designed being made out of mostly glass.

He helps me into the house and settles us down. After dinner, we sit in the den holding hands.

“Sage?” he suddenly calls making me turn my attention away from the t.v and look at him.

He looks down at me and kisses my forehead, “I’m sorry that I didn’t take notice of your feelings for me but I knew you liked me in some way because of all the advances you made on me while I was sleeping.”

I look at him in shock and hit his chest, “You knew and kept quiet this whole time?”

He smiles slightly and nods, “Mn, it’s just that I was waiting for you to say something but since you didn’t I thought it could most likely be you experimenting. If I’d known things would go this far then maybe…” he trails and I smile.

Kissing his lips and entwining our fingers I say, “There’s nothing you could have done, you’re a dense idiot and I love you for that but I didn’t say anything because I didn’t want to betray our friendship and I hope all too well that I could have died instead but I’m glad I didn’t because otherwise, I wouldn’t be here with you.”

He looks at me and smiles before kissing me, “We’ll be together forever then.”

Rolling my eyes at his cliché’d nonsense I nod and smile but agree – it would be my greatest joy to have this man, my best friend beside me always.

2