Ch.0 Prologue
14.6k 15 218
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The darkness was everywhere, endless in its expansion. Everything was still, quiet, and calm. This all changed once a small, bright light gradually appeared in this expanse. It floated listlessly,seeming to survey its surroundings.  

"Where...am I?"

The small orb looked around with increased caution.

"That's an easy question. You're in limbo."

The orb shivered as its view turned around and became stock still. A entity covered in a black cloak floated behind him with a large burning book floating beside him.

"This is where you usually end up when you die. Well, beside any abnormal situations."

The entity floated around the orb while it contemplated its words.

"I...I see. I guess it would have happened eventually."

"As are all deaths."

The burning book suddenly moved towards the orb.

"Huh?! What-"

A flash bursted from the book, dazing the orb.

"Ah! What was that?!"

"So sorry there! I'm in a bit of a hurry, so I need to get you squared away."

The book moved towards the entity, opening its pages. The entity seemed to read something as the orb continued to float in confusion. The entity soon became very animated, as it clapped its hands and sighed at various points in his read. The book finally closed after what seemed to be an eternity to the orb.

"Man, your life was crazy as hell!"

The orb shivered at his words. He tried to remember what happened to him, only to find nothing. Not even his name was left to him.

"You know my life?! Wha- what happened to me?"

"Sadly, I can't tell you."

The entity shook his head as he continued to explain.

"You see, my job is to send you to where you need to go. This book reads your life and decides your fate."

The orb looked silently at the entity and listlessly floated for a while.

"I see. I guess I should just accept the decision."

The entity floated in silence as the book slowly began to build up energy.

"Correct. That's what happens... In normal situations."

"Huh?!"

*Ding ding ding*

The entity suddenly pulled out a bell and began to ring it happily.

"Congratulations to you! You just so happened to run into a Rule breaker!! Fuck regulations!"

Even the book began to spin and flip as it went around the orb.

"Wh-what are you talking about?!"

"You wanna know about your life?! You got it! The catch is you gotta go to a new world! And your life gave me the perfect answer! All i need to do now is give you a boon, and you'll be on your way."

The entity floated back and forth as he was deep in thought. He then punched his hand as an idea came to him.

"Of course!! The main character has one so why can't you?! I got the boon and I'll give it your memories too. This is just too good!"

The entity extended his hand to the orb as a black mass of energy began to gather.

"Now hold still. This is your power up! Can't have it miss you now."

"Wait! Why are you doing this?!"

"Because I want to? I'm tired of tragedies. It's time you get to enjoy yourself more."

The black mass of energy formed into a small dot and fired into the orb. It's pale blue body now had a speck of black in the middle, like a beauty mark.

"Perfect. Well, off you go then!"

"Wait! I don't know what you did, but if it's helping me...thank you."

The entity froze, and then bursted laughing.

"Don't worry about. Pay me back by enjoying yourself."

"Hey!! Are you changing fates again?! I told you to stay away from the new souls!"

"Uh oh! Gotta go, little guy! Make the most of your new life!"

The book finally built the energy needed to finish the process and floated to the orb.

'Don't tell me it's..'

*bang*

The book let out an enormous amount of energy and light flashed on the orb once more, making it disappear.

"Let's go, Burner! Chief's on our ass again!"

The entity and the book hightailed it out of the area as another entity in a white robe chased after them. 

"Get back here!"

As the chase continued on, the vast expanse went back to its natural state, calm and still.

 

218