Ch.11. The Aftermath
6.3k 6 148
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Akumu raced back to the village as quickly as he could.

'I wasted too much time! I need to hurry!'

Akumu stealthily crept his way back into the Leaf village and saw the damage. 

Although the damage looked bad, it was actually quite low. Thanks to Kaya's healing rain, the Leaf suffered nearly neglible damage in the attack. 

He didn't have time to go over the changes. He had to get back to Hii as soon as he could!

After stealthily making his way back to their house following Kaya's scent, Akumu discovered everyone was heading back to the house. Their faces seemed a bit worried as they came to the house in a hurry.

'How am I going to get to him? Wait! I got it!'

Akumu came next to a small pebble on the road and focused.

Ghost style: Dark Eclispe Jutsu!

Akumu started to shrink down to the size of the pebble and swiftly made his way towards the family.

*****

Henda was filled with worry. He held Hii closely and constantly monitored him as they walked back. Even Riku had a frown on her face.

'He hasn't woke up to any loud noises...'

He knew that Hii would usually glance at any loud noises that startled him. Unlike other children, Hii would try to figure out how or who made the sound and not simply cry. This was something the whole family was proud of since it showed just how smart little Hii was at such a young age.

This night,however, Hii was still to any noise. The rampaging beast, his mom's amazing jutsu, and even the cheers of the families didn't wake him up. Only his light breathing was consistent.

Even worse was the change in his hair. His sandy blond hair changed to pure white without any of them noticing. These changes worried Henda to no end.

"Should we go to the hospital?"

Henda brushed his son's hair as he asked his in-law's opinions.

"They're swamped with patients right now. It wouldn't be smart to go. Let's just let him rest for now."

Riku said as she brushed Hii's hair. Di could only nod as he stomped alongside them.

Di was in a foul mood due to everything happening this night. His daughter fighting a foul beast stronger than his brother had ever fought, and his grandson seemed be sick! 

He wished he could cut everything in his families way down, but he knew he needed to gather his calm.

Their worries were so deep, they didn't even notice the tiny black speck coming towards them from the shadows. 

Akumu jumped into Henda's body from his ankle and started to make his way up to Hii.

Henda felt a shiver run up his spine as Akumu rejoined Hii.

*****

[Hii! Are you ok?!]

Akumu landed back into their mindscape, finding Hii floating listlessly. Pangs of guilt hit Akumu as he quickly came over to him.

[Don't worry! I got a plan! You're gonna be alright!]

Akumu looked at Hii as he noticed his being was slightly transparent. He looked like he was sleeping peacefully, but Akumu knew this rest could be fatal. 

Akumu suddenly started to glow with a black light surrounding his body while a red one was shining in his stomach.

He figured out a plan as he remembered that Minato knew the Reaper Death Seal. Since the Tailed Beasts were pretty much immortal, he only needed to get a piece of one of them to help Hii. Luckily, He managed to get what he needed.

[He'll probably grow this back, hopefully.]

Akumu stopped thinking about his victim and started to strip the arm of everything, but the soul energy. The red chakra was slowly absorbed into the black light with the soul energy remaining in his stomach brightened. Akumu's body began to creak and grow as he absorbed majority of the arm into himself. 

[This should be enough.]

Akumu condensed it a bit more, just to be safe. He opened his mouth and out of it came a ball of fluffy white light. Akumu pushed the ball in Hii's direction, watching it disappear into him. Akumu watched with bated breath as he saw Hii's body show no signs of change. 

[Dammit!! Did he lie to me?! Am I too late?!]

Akumu was going to start cursing when suddenly, Hii's body became more solid. He saw Hii open his eyes in shock as he shot around the mindscape at high speed!

'Aaaah!! What did you do, Akumu?!'

[I found a way to help you back! It should wear off soon.... probably.]

'Probably?!'

5 mins later

Hii's puffed his cheeks like a balloon as Akumu tried to coax his forgiveness.

[Come on! I said I'm sorry!]

'Hmph!'

Akumu bitterly laughed as he watched Hii float away with back to him. Akumu lowered his head towards Hii in a with a solemn atmosphere.

[Thank you for helping me!]

Hii floated silently before turning around and floating next to Akumu with his head still down.

'Did you keep Mom safe?'

[Yes! She should be exhausted, but fine!]

'Did you save a lot of people?'

[Yes!! I saved a lot of people I didn't see from my memories of the event! Even Kushina and Minato are fine!]

Akumu continued to keep his head low until he felt a small pair of hands rubbing his head.

'That's good then. I accept your apology.'

The two of them stood and floated in silence as Hii continued to ruffle Akumu's fur. Akumu could only let him do as he wished since he knew how big of a favor he was given.

*****

Morning came over Konoha, shedding light on the many collapsed homes anf buildings. Some families grieved for losses while others were grateful for everyone making it through.

Many of the ninja were especially grateful for Kaya's assistance. Many families, such as the Umino and Yuhi, managed to survive the assault thanks to the Rising Cloud technique.

The person in question was laying on a medical bed in a makeshift hospital out in the field.

"Ahhhhh!!!"

"Uaaaaaah!!!!!?"

Kaya woke up screaming in a rage, scaring the nearby nurse. She looked around her, processing where she was.

"... Where's the Kyuubi?!"

It seemed she couldn't process anything at the moment.

The nurse kindly told her that the beast was sealed by the 4th Hokage. Kaya grew tense as she soon asked where the 4th Hokage was and proceeded to head towards him. 

The nurses trying to stop her to have her rest learned first-hand that Kaya was amazingly strong when she was determined!

Dragging some straggler nurses with her,Kaya soon came to the Hokage office and entered to find Minato and Hiruzen discussing plans for reconstruction. 

" Excuse me, Hokages! I have some quick questions."

Hiruzen chuckled with his pipe while Minato felt a cold sweat coming from the gaze Kaya had on him.

"Yondaime-san?"

"Y-yes?!"

"....Is she safe?"

"Yes! She's safe."

The two didn't go into detail, but Kaya breathed a sigh of relief hearing that.

"Tell her I'll visit after a few days please."

"Of course!"

Kaya bowed her head and started to leave the room, but stopped at the door.

"...Minato?"

"Yes, Nee-san?"

Minato responded casually since he knew the worst situation wasn't going to happen. 

"....Is it cute?"

"...He's the cutest."

Kaya nodded her head and headed out of the door, saying "congratulations" as she dashed off.

Minato flopped onto his desk while Hiruzen chuckled while smoking his pipe.

"Not much has changed since your Genin days, eh Minato?"

"Don't poke too much at my misery, sensei. She's still like a storm."

Minato ruffled his hair and asked Hiruzen a more serious question.

"Any luck on finding the beast?"

Hiruzen drew a long drag of his pipe, exhaling it from his nose in deep thought.

"Anbu have searched and found some tracks, but they were too light and erratic to follow. It seems to be able to change its size at will. If everything you said is correct, it is a very powerful beast."

Minato nodded his head as he looked out of the window at the village starting to repair itself.

'Whether it's helped just because or for a motive, it did save my family. The least I can do is return the favor somehow.'

Minato shook his head and proceeded to talk with Hiruzen about the construction plans and increased surveillance of the village.

Another strange incident that day happened as Kaya came home and immediately screamed at the top of her lungs.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO HII'S HAIR!!!?"

The events afterwards remained unknown as no one wanted to get near that house to see.

148