Ch.15. The New Household
5.6k 6 127
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3 years have gone by since Akumu left me. I now know why he did it, but it still hurts to know he was right. 

I find myself in the mindscape again today. I can't seem to dream, but I like to run and jump around until I wake up.

"Today is running, I guess."

I start to run around in an circle. Lines just seem to appear in a perfect cirlce as i just keep running.

The space is now a blinding white, no longer the grey and black patterns as before. 

I honestly miss the patterns. 

 I miss Akumu.

That jerk! He told me he'd be around, but I haven't seen him since he left. 

"I hope gets eaten by something!"

I stop running as I think that and shake my head.

"No, I don't. I just wish he'd at least come by."

I look down at the white ground for a little while. 

I slap my cheeks and wake myself up!

"What am I doing?! I can't be mopey! I gotta get strong so we can stick together!"

Renewing my resolve, I start running again. 

I only get two more laps before the white particles start to float around me.

"Time to go."

They soon cover me completely and I fade into the white horizon once more.

****

I wake up in my bed to the same ceiling I've known for a while now. I should really put something up there, maybe a Leaf symbol or something. 

I roll out of bed with a yawn and stretch my arms and legs as i dangle over the edge of the bed.

'I wonder if those two are up?'

I hop down and walk out of the room and head to the kitchen. 

'I wonder if there's milk? I should probably get some more to be sure.'

I open the fridge and look in.

There's milk left! It's not much though.

"Guess I gotta get some. I should ask Mom or Dad for some money."

"No milk again?"

A gruff voice sounds from behind me. A smile flashes on my face as I turn around.

"Morning, Grandpa!"

"Morning."

Granpa towers over me as he looks into the fridge as well. He might look rough and strict, but he's a huge softie.

I rush and hug his waist and he pats my head.

"Hehe. Go on now and wake them up."

"Awww! Again?! Didn't I do it yesterday?"

Grandpa gave me a smirk. I know where this is going.

""You have no choice, but to be a Big Brother.""

We both say it at the same time. I'm sure this is the 100th time I've heard it. I deserve a prize.

"Good that you know. Now get to it."

I sigh as I start to head my old room.

Opening the door always gives me nostalgic feelings.

The toys on the floor are new and the additional crib. 

My twin siblings are, of course, sleeping peacefully.

The older twin was named Moya. She came to us with Dad's pale skin and Mom's sandy blonde hair color. 

She's gonna be a pretty girl since she has most of mom's looks. 

The only thing I really wish she didn't have was Dad's curly hair.

I mean, straight hair is the way to go right?

I'm not jealous!

Over to the left side is my younger brother, Yozora.

He's pretty much a pallete swap of Moya, tanned skin and dark black hair.

Nnnngh! It's curly too though!

Why?!

Let's get this over with.

"Moya! Yozora! Get up!"

"Mmmmhmmm."

Moya groans to high hell. Again.

"....."

Yozora says nothing, but I can feel the sass from that look on his trying to sleep face. He's pretty expressive for the silent type.

"C'mon! Up!"

I rub both of their heads as they continue to groan or ignore me.

.....I'm seriously not jealous.

.....Ok! Maybe a little jealous.

"Hnnng. Hii-san~."

"It's Nii-san to you!"

"Hii-nii."

"I guess that's fine."

"Five more minutes."

I sigh as I let up and just let things be.

"It was nice knowing you kids."

I walk out of the room with a sigh and look to my right to see grandpa. 

I give him a thumbs down for my attempt and he shakes his head. 

"Those kids..."

" I have a weakness for my bed too though."

"You only allow it to bother you for a little while."

I just shrug my shoulders. I can't tell him I don't really dream right? Let's not get Grandpa concerned about me.

*Clank Clank*

A rhythmic clanking comes from the kitchen area as we head back. Looks like Grandma is up.

"Morning, Grandma!"

"Oh! Good Morning dear."

I rush to hug Grandma, which puts a smile on her face. She takes a look around and sighs at the sight of us too.

"Just the early birds today?"

Grandpa and I both nod as she rubs the bridge of her nose.

"Those kids. Well, you at least did your part, Hii-chan. I guess we'll get another show."

All three of us sit at the table as we wait for the show to begin. 

*Creak*

Sure enough, Here comes the star.

"Morning, Mom."

I get up and give her a hug as well. Mom hugs me back groggily as I look to the side and see the door to their room is still closed.

'Guess Dad's been done in again.'

 I'll pray for his health today if I pass a shrine.

Mom looks into the kitchen and counts the heads. Seeing the numbers come up short brings the rage right to her face. I shiver as I get the indirect fear smile.

"Hii. Did you try to get them up?"

I nod my head.

"And they didn't get up? Did they say anything?"

"They asked for 5 more minutes."

The smile is getting more sinister by the second!

Guess I'm praying for three people today.

Mom lets go of me and heads into the twins room and I shoot back to the table with Grandma and Grandpa. I can see the grin on Grandpa's face rise in anticipation.

And then it happens.

"GET UP NOW!!"

And they're off! Yozora comes out of the room with flare as he slides out into the hallway at the perfect angle! Tears seem to be falling as he runs down to the bathroom at record pace,holding a fresh lump on his head. Moya follows quickly behind with two lumps, a standard score from her records. Who will get to the bathroom first to pacify Mom's rage?! Looks like Yozora got to the sink first and starts to wash up! Moya is quickly beside him and speeds up her paste. It's neck and neck! Who's gonna be the first one to sit at the table?! Ah?! They both come up at the same time! As expected of fraternal twins! They're duking it out at the doorway! Only one can make it to the chair! Who's it gonna be?! It's....!?

"Yay."

Yozora with the win!

"He's hiding his heavy breathing better."

Grandpa gives rare commentary over the performance!

Grandma is nodding in agreement on the side!

Moya's sitting in the corner with her face to the wall. 

With that over, I now have free reign to wash up myself. I've had far too many run-ins with flying siblings.

I get to the sink and take my time washing up.

I hear Dad dragging his way to the sink and scoot over for him. We make eye contact and smile.

It's a pretty good morning today.

*****

I had to go shopping for groceries with the twins. We're known through the streets as everyone always calls out to us. I have to say mom's reputation is pretty good. 

"Hii-nii!! Let's get some candy?!"

"No."

"Awww!"

Moya and Yozora started puffing their cheeks again. That really must be a family thing.

We start heading back home since we don't want spoiled milk. We get to our street and find Grandpa standing outside. 

"Grandpa? What's wrong?"

Moya spoke for us, as usual.

Grandpa turned to us with a scroll in his hand. That's not what's caught our attention. 

Grandpa is smiling?!

This can't be good.

"I've been waiting for you all to be of age."

Grandpa walks towards us with the widest grin I've ever seen! I can feel the shivers of Moya and Yozora through my shirt! 

"It's time to begin your training."

127