Ch.20. Barbeque Chips and Waterballs
4.9k 3 123
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day was a rest day for me. I decided to head to a nearby park and chill out with Akumu.

'Ahhh, this is the best! Too bad I have to rest. I would've brought my sword here to train.'

[You really love the swordplay huh? I guess you got that from me.]

I stopped and looked up.

'Seriously? You never told me much about... Us.'

[Well, majority of it isn't good.]

I climbed up a nearby building with chakra, taking it slow to get some pseudo training in.

'So why did we like swords?!'

[It's a man's fantasy!]

'Fair enough, I guess.'

I get to the top and lay down, looking at the clouds.

Akumu and I just lay in silence as we enjoy the peace.

[...Actually, I had to learn the sword to learn discipline.]

'Discipline?'

[Yeah, I had to learn it all sorts of stuff. Martial arts, archery, shooting, Everything.]

'Why?'

[To stop my want to kill someone.]

'.....?!'

I sat up and looked out at the buildings.

'Why the hell would someone teach you that to make sure you don't kill someone?!'

[Well, the reasoning was that I learned all the rules for each one and had to follow them. It grinded my edge down.]

'Did you still kill the person?'

[......]

We were silent again as I laid back down and looked at the clouds some more.

'Just tell me when you're ready. There's no rush to let me know. I may be from you, but I'm not you'

I let him know my feelings as I stare at the clouds some more.

[...Thanks.]

I nod and keep looking at the clouds.

"Tch! Someone's here already. What a drag."

I tilt my neck up to see a boy my age with a spiky ponytail. His eyes looked lethargic, like he'd fall asleep standing if he was allowed to. 

"You look tired. You wanna lay down?"

The boy looked surprised at Hii, and chuckled.

"Yeah, maybe I'll do that. I'm Shikamaru, by the way.

"I'm Hii. Come and lay down."

"Well, why not? I got this friend with me though, you mind if he comes too? You were here first."

I roll over to see another kid behind Shikimaru. He's.... a bigger kid, but he looks nice enough. 

Wait, is that?!

"Are those the Barbeque Kimchi chips?!" 

He's holding a pack of chips I always wanted to try! His face lights up when I mentioned the chips.

"You like these chips?"

"I never got to try them! My siblings always spend all the money when we shop. Are they good?!"

"Yeah! You should try some!"

Don't have to tell me twice!

*****

The boy named Choji and I munch away on the chips. They taste so weird, but oddly satisfying. I can't decide if I want more or if I should stop!

Luckily, before I can decide, the chips are all gone.

Choji pats his belly in satisfaction. I see Shikamaru is just napping away.

"Whew! What did you think?"

"Hmmm. I feel like those were really good, but I can't place the flavor on good or bad."

Choji nods his head at my opinion.

"That's fine, isnt it? It just means it has a unique taste."

.....Huh. That's pretty deep if you think about it. We're all like that aren't we?

I look at Choji who pulled another bag out of nowhere and smile.

"You know what, Choji? You have a big-"

"Ah!"

Shikamaru shot up from his sleep and looked at me in panic. I glance over to him and see him sweating a bit. Maybe he had a bad dream?

"You have a big heart."

"Phew!"

Shikamaru literally deflates and falls back down on the ground.

"Thanks, Hii! Hehehe!"

What was that all about?

[....Don't ever call him fat, ok?]

.....Ok?

*******

A few weeks pass by and I'm now 5 years old. 

Yay!!

What did I get for my birthday, you ask?

More training! That's what!

Just what I wanted, actually. The other stuff is getting boring now. I want to be stimulated somehow so I break my current limits. Moya and Yozora are also getting a little bored with the everyday training.

"Hii-nii! You have new training today?!"

I put on the smuggest grin I can.

"Hehehe, little sister. You are correct."

"No fair! How come you can do it, but we can't?!"

"Because I'm older~."

The two start puffing their cheeks in defiance. 

You too, Yozora? Hehe, so cute.

I pat their heads as I get ready to go out with mom for Water style training. 

I gather myself and get ready to train.

"I'm ready, Mom?"

"Ooh! I'm so excited!! Let's go quickly!"

Hey! Don't leave your son before telling me where I need to go!

I chase after Mom as we jump from building to building. Jonins are really fast! 

Soon we reach the training ground I met Akumu again and she motions me to sit down.

"Now, I'll explain how to use Water Release. You must first try to mold your chakra and try to feel the sensation of water around the lake."

"How do I do that?"

Mom looked at me and pointed to the lake.

"Get a handful of water and try to mimic the sensation in your body with chakra."

I cup my hands and lean down at the edge of the lake to get some water. The water is cool, and clear, but I'm not sure how to change it.

I make a few attempts, but my chakra doesn't do much.

"Mom? I don't get it."

I turn around to ask Mom for more pointers and I see a mischevious look on her face.

What are you planning, Mom?

I see her slowly going through a few handsigns.

"Mom?!"

Water style: Water Ball Jutsu!

Mom forms a ball of water the size of my head and pushes it to my chest.

"Uuuahhh!!"

*Splash*

I lay on back as I contemplate why my Mom decided to betray me like this.

"Yahoo!!"

Mom jumped in?!

"Whooaaa?!"

The wave made by Mom's cannonball surrounded me and created a little whirlpool underneath me. As I recovered from the little spin, I notice the water is still, without a ripple.

"Where did Mom go?!"

I suddenly feel a hand on my shoulder and turn around in a panic. 

I don't see anyone around, so I stand up on the surface quickly and look down. 

And Mom is making funny faces at me under the water. Great.

Mom surfaces next to me with a leap and lands gracefully.

"Rule number 1 of Water style fighting: Whoever controls the flow of battle has the upper hand. Always aim for control if you can."

She pats my head with a smile like Moya and Yozora when they get away with something.

I sigh and resign myself to my fate. It's obvious she wants me to figure it out on my own.

I should just bring swimming trunks for this training.

123