Ch.29.The Medical Experiment (pt.2)
4.1k 2 116
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dinner at the house was rather lukewarm since Mom isn't here.

She's been gone for a bit longer than usual, but Grandma and Grandpa don't seem to be worried. Moya and Yozora seem ok, but they have been low energy lately.

I can't let this distract me though. I have to do this while Mom isn't here to get 

After this, I need to prepare myself for what's to come.

[Check the sky for me before you do this.]

'Huh? Why?'

[I need to check something.]

"Hey Grandma, I'm going to get some fresh air before we head to bed."

"Ok. You come back in soon. Grandpa and I usually go to bed early. Moya! Help me get the dishes."

"Ugh. Oooook."

"I'll help."

"Thanks, Yozo! You're the best twin ever!"

"Only."

We all laugh as the two bicker as usual. Dad seemed busy with some ideas for weapons as he kept muttering at the table. Grandma kept having to call him to wake him up.

I leave them all alone and head outside to look at the sky. A full moon greets me along with a chorus of stars as I jump onto the house.

'Did this help? It's a nice night.'

[Yeah, it helped. I feel more Yin energy in the air than usual. You'll have to experiment tonight if you want the best chance.]

'I see. I'll have to brace myself.'

The night air is refreshing as I think of Sasuke's wound I healed earlier. The pain was bad at first, but quickly ended once the wound was healed. Hopefully, this happens here as well, but odds are not likely.

Oh well. I'll have a sock or something for the pain.

*******

I sleep in the middle of Grandma and Grandpa and wait for them to fall asleep completely. 

Luckily, they held my hand when I asked them, though it's embarrassing. I hid a sock under my pillow as we went to bed just in case. I stuff my mouth with it and psyche myself up.

'Ok! You ready?'

[I am. You make sure you went to the bathroom? You don't want an accident.]

'I did! I should be empty!'

[Ok.]

I start to channel my Medical Palm Jutsu and access  Akumu's chakra. My palms glow black and travel along Grandma and Grandpa's bodies to their destination, the lost limbs. I haven't felt anything yet, but I am feeling some tingling in my insides right now.

'Akumu, I feel some slight discomfort. What do you think it is?'

[You may be healing some unknown injuries. They might be pretty old, so they don't damage you too much.]

'Maybe the fresher the wound, the more pain I feel.'

'If that's the case, maybe this'll be easier than we thought.'

The chakra made a slow crawl through the body and we're finally getting to lost limbs.

And all hell broke loose.

'Ugh!!! Aaaaargh!!!!'

I felt two sensations come through me at once. This numb feeling traveled through my left arm holding Grandma's hand. I felt like I couldn't feel it anymore, but my shoulder felt like it was burning off.

The other one was my leg! Ugh!!!!! This one hurts far more than I thought!!! My leg feels like it's burning off!! My lower leg feels like it's dissolving in heat! There is a numbing feeling under my knee that helps a bit, but I can't help, but nearly bite through the sock. 

The pillow will have to be next!

[Can you describe the sensation?!]

'Pain!!!!'

[I can tell that by the sheets.] 

I try not to grip my hands too much as my feet and mouth have clenched as much as they could. The sensations just seem to repeat over and over. I'm starting to feel like I'm blanking out.

[I'll help you out!]

I feel a warm sensation wash over me and numb the pain just a bit, but it disappears soon and the pain comes back full force. We repeat this two more times before the sensation can be felt no longer. 

The futon around me is soaked in sweat. My vision is hazy, but I'm still conscious.

'Did,did that.... do it?'

[Looks like it. We'll see tomorrow.]

'Thanks for the help,Akumu.'

[Don't mention it. I'm still suprised you could handle that much pain.]

I managed to smile as I took the sock out of my mouth. I was too tired to respond anymore as I felt sleep start to come over me. I hope this worked, otherwise it wouldn't be worth it.

'Goodnight, Akumu.'

[Good night,Hii.]

I quickly fall asleep and let my consciousness finally fade.

******

"....Huh?"

I woke up and found Grandma and Grandpa are gone.

I start to sit up and move the futon, but my left arm feels weak. My right leg also seems asleep as I slowly try to get myself up.

[Morning.]

'Morning. Did you wake up now too?'

[I don't really sleep, just kind of go low power for a while. The other two got up,changed and left out.]

I'm a bit surprised. 

'They weren't shocked or anything?'

[Oh, they were. It's just it wasn't the main emotion they felt.]

.....I'm getting an ominous feeling now.

I try to stand up, but my leg gets a bit wobbly. I try to maintain my balance first and end up sitting down on the futon once more.

'Damn. I'm still weak.'

[What did it feel like when you healed them?]

'All I could feel was pain. The pain was different though. My left arm felt like it was numb for a good while, but my shoulder had this searing pain in it. My right leg was worse though. It felt like my foot was melting off, but right under my knee was the same numb, searing pain.'

Akumu seems to think for a moment and I hear him sigh.

[I get it.]

'What do you get?'

[The pain of the injury. You have to endure the pain of the injury for this healing to work. The arm injury sounds like a Lightning Release Jutsu was used, but I'm not sure about the other one.]

Haaa. Grandma did say Rock women grow up tough. Looks like she meant it.

I circulate my chakra around my body and see if I can just calm myself to make my body feel better.

It starts to work a bit, so I wiggle my toes and fingers to make sure it's working.

I'm finally able to stand up, but I seem to have a minor limp. I can manage with that.

I go out of the room and find a line up. 

Dad's standing with his arms crossed, looking quite mad.

Yozora and Moya have some tears in their eyes.

Grandma.... is standing on two feet. 

It really worked!!!

She looks pissed though, but I could care less!

I also see Grandpa cross his arms as well!

Tears start welling up in my eyes, but I try to hold it in!

"Hii."

I turn to Grandpa who started to speak. 

"Thank you. For...making me whole again."

Grandpa flexes his left arm. It's a little smaller than his right, but I'm sure Grandpa will fix that soon.

Grandma also nods her head as she looks at me.

"I also want to thank you for my leg back. This is definitely one of the best gifts I've been given in a long time."

My face is smiling ear to ear. I'm just happy thay it worked.

"However...."

Grandpa's aura gets really sinister all of a sudden!

W-what happened?!

"What was the price?"

"Huh?"

Grandma cuts in as well.

"That's right. What was the price for you to be able to do this? Don't you dare lie to us either."

Dad cuts in now as well.

"They changed the futon this morning after they woke up. Yours was drenched in sweat and you wouldn't wake up either. It's 3 in the afternoon now! We were worried you wouldn't wake up at all!"

""Hii-nii!!!"

The twins rush me and both hug me in pseudo death-grips.

It seems I've made a big mistake. The drawback was much bigger than I thought.

[Well, that's what happens in experiments. Fuck ups are bound to happen.]

"So Hii dear, tell Grandma what you experienced to have that effect?"

"....W-Well, It seems I felt the pain that you felt when you got the wound?"

Their faces became horrifying to look at as I just stared at the tatami floor.

"I-It took a while, but I thought it wouldn't be so bad if you got your limbs back."

They stare at me for a good minute and sigh. Grandpa comes forward and ruffles my hair and heads for the shop to work. 

"Come, Henda. We have work to finish."

"Y-yes Father!"

Grandpa turns around and motions to Yozora.

"You too. You'll learn a bit about making weapons."

"Umu."

Yozora nods his head, hugs me tight one last time and goes after the men. 

Grandma walks toward me with a smile on her face.

Uh oh.

*Smack*

"Why the hell didn't you even tell us what you planned to do?!"

"I-I thought you would say no!"

*Smack*

The back of my head is hurting bad now!

Grandma's face is a mess of tears as she hugs me as well. I can feel her strength as her hug is amazingly firm.

"Don't you ever do something like that again! Especially without telling anyone! Understand?!"

"Y-yes!"

Grandma nods her head as she wipes her eyes. 

"Good. Now, about your punishment. You're going to accompany and help me for a week. No training at all. Understand?"

"But!"

"Understand?"

"...Yes."

Maybe... I should've thought about that more. 

[Well, at least you have a vacation now. Hehehe~]

116