Ch.42. A Glimpse Of Youth
3.6k 3 99
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hii-Nii!!"

"Yes?"

"Heal me again please!"

My hands glow green as I touch Moya's tailbone.

Kakashi was pretty brutal in that fight.

"Did he have to do it twice?! I'll get him next time!"

"Maybe you shouldn't have used those paper bombs?"

Moya just snorts at my question as she thinks of more ways to get back at him, I assume.

"Nii-san."

"Yes~."

I also heal Yozora as well. Even he couldn't escape the 1000 Years of Death.

Me? I'm perfectly fine. I just ended up playing support to the twins by the end of it all.

Those three, however, were ridiculous.

Grandma had to repair the training ground after they were done! 

'I wonder where they got paper bombs from?'

Maybe it's best if I don't worry about that. Grandma comes in and looks at the twins with a snickering grin.

"I hope you brats learned from that. Focus on your training so you can get him back."

""Yes!""

Grandma just casually restarts the anger in them as they waddle their way to their room to study and train.

"Grandma, is it ok to do that?"

"Of course it is! Kakashi needs to tone down fron his brooding with some mischief. What better way to do it than by sending some brats his way? Hehehe!"

I shiver as Grandma brings books on Earth Release to the twins room like she planned it.

Grandma is scary sometimes!

******

"Youth!!"

"Y-Youth!"

I'm back to training with Guy again, and I'm starting to get a bit scared. 

His catchphrase is starting to rub off on me.

[Don't fall into temptation! You can do it!]

'You must be having fun watching me suffer.'

[Not really.... I actually have a bit of a problem going on right now too.]

'Oh?! What's wrong?'

[It's nothing really. I just...might not be blind anymore.]

I stop in the middle of my run.

"What?!!"

"Hm? What's wrong, Hii? Have you grown tired already? I'm sure your youth can shine brighter!"

"N-No! Just got surprised by my growth!"

Guy nods his head with a trademark smile on his face.

"Indeed! I must say I'm happy that your youth shines so brightly! Let's continue into the sunset,Hii!"

'Yeesh! Can't he take a break?'

 I continue to run after Guy who's on his hands again.

How fast must I be for him to actually use his legs?

Ironically, He was ecstatic today because he beat Kakashi in their little rivalry games.

Kakashi, however, told him he had a bit of an "incident" the day before. 

He then punished himself for getting excited when Kakashi wasn't at his best. 

I can't understand him sometimes.

But enough about that!

'What do you mean you might not be blind?'

[I...I don't really get it, but it feels like something's growing in my head.]

'Will you be okay?'

[I don't know, but so far it's been pretty bearable. I'll just have to wait and see.]

'Well, let me know if you need anything.'

[Got it!]

I continue to run after Guy as he blitzes forward on his hands again.

This continued for a little while before he stopped and seemed to fall into deep thought.

"Yes.... It seems like I've reached the next stage."

"What?"

Guy turns towards me with a brilliant smile.

"It seems I've now reached a new level! I need to test this, but...."

Guy gave a troubled look as he folded his arms.

"I'm certain I won't be able to move after I test my breakthrough..."

"Eh?!"

My shock must've not shown on my face because Guy just stares at me with a serious expression.

This guy?! He won't be able to move?!

How?!!!

"I have a favor to ask of you, Hii."

*Shiver*

I just got the weirdest spine tingle I've ever had just now!

"I need you to use your Medical Ninjutsu on me when I'm done testing my technique."

"Oh. Okay, I guess."

"The problem is I need you to show me that with absolute confidence,you won't tell anyone."

"....Ok?"

Is it so amazing, I'll tell everyone?

"Good! Now then."

Guy reaches into his pocket and pulls out....

Geh?!

Why does he still have a kid jumpsuit?!

"I'll need you to put this on!"

"You still want me to wear it?!"

"I know you're representing your family, but I'll need your support for this! Please!!"

Guy jumps into the air and falls down into a perfect dogeza!

'......'

[.........Well-]

'Don't you dare say I should do it!'

[.....You should probably do it.]

'.......'

[.......]

*******

'I hate you.'

I'm now.....wearing the damn jumpsuit. 

Guy has been crying in delight ever since I wore it.

It's like he achieved a life goal or something.

"Finally! I finally got the next generation to wear the jumpsuit of Youth!!"

'It was a life goal?!'

[.......]

"I'm brimming with Youth! I'll succeed for sure today! Youth!!"

".....Sure."

Guy brought me to this huge boulder in a different area. I guess he's gonna practice with that.

Guy looks with intense passion at the boulder and gives me one final warning.

"Remember, Hii! Be very careful with my body. I'm putting my trust in you."

"Ok! I'll do my best."

'As long as you don't tell anyone I had to wear this.'

Guy nods his head and assumes a cross guarded pose.

He then, stands there for a while....

'What is he supposed to be doing exactly?'

[....So that's how you unlock it.]

'Do what?'

[You'll see.]

Huh?!

Suddenly, the air feels...stifled?

I turn to Guy and.....

'What the hell is that?!'

A green aura is surrounding Guy's body as wind starts to pick up around him.

"Eight Gates..... 5th Gate of Limit:Open!!"

A burst of intense chakra came out of his body as his skin turned red!

"Whoooooaaaaaa!!"

Guy continues to pump chakra into his body, making his vest fly open!

"6th.....Gate.....of......View......"

His energy seems to be consolidating as he focuses his chakra towards a certain point in his abdomen.

He continues to pump chakra at that point, but it doesn't look like anything is changing.

I'm sweating from the pressure he's giving off! He can go farther than this?!

It's just....

"He looks like he's in intense pain."

[That's the trade off for that much power. That pain must be unimaginable and it isn't even complete yet.]

'What?!!'

[You heard him say it. Eight gates. He only opened up the 5th one. There should be 2 more he can open safely.]

".....Two more?"

I can't tell if I'm sweating from the pressure or the scary thought of 3 more versions of this technique!

The chakra around Guy seems to be rising once again, sending bursts of air rushing everywhere.

I can barely hold myself up! I've been pushed a few meters away from Guy already!

"......Open!!!!!"

Suddenly, the air bursts once more and I can't keep myself on the ground!

"Uaaah!!"

I'm sent flying a few more meters before I can stabilize myself!

I'm trying to keep my eyes on Guy when I suddenly see him jump into the air!

He jumped the height of the Huge boulder like it was nothing!

His fists clench and all I can see is an endless amount of flaming fists descend on the boulder.

"Asakujaku!!!!"

The fists break through the boulder as it quickly disappears into dust!

"T-That's so cool!!"

I couldn't help, but shout after seeing that!

A giant cloud of dust and dirt surrounded where the boulder once was, but I can't see Guy anymore.

Where did he go?

[Go into the cloud quickly!]

'Ugh, okay.'

I quickly hold my breath and make my way through the dust storm to find Guy laid out on the ground.

"Guy! Are you ok?!"

I reach to touch his shoulder since he wasn't responding to me.

[No! Don't touch him!]

I freeze.

[That technique unlocks the limiters on your body. It tears muscles and puts the body in a critical state. You have to heal him from a bit of a distance!]

I nod my head and weave my handsigns.

Medical Palm Jutsu!

My hands glow green as I inch them slowly towards Guy's body. I hover an inch or so away from his skin and the Jutsu starts to take effect. 

I focus on his chest diligently while my eyes look all around me. 

Small craters of flame pepper the ground around Guy. I can see that some have the outline of fists in them.

This technique is really dangerous.

After a while, I finally finish healing his chest, so I can press my hands on him.

"Ugh!!"

He groans in pain, but it's probably just discomfort from the rest of his body not healed yet.

'.....Maybe-'

[No! Do it normally! You remember what happened last time you tried to heal with my chakra!]

I nod my head. That....wasn't the best experience.

I continue to heal Guy for a good hour before he starts to come to.

"Ugh.... How long was I out?"

"Um, about an hour?"

Guy winces in pain as he tries to get up.

"Wait, Guy! I'm not done healing you yet!"

"Youuuuuth!!!!"

Guy suddenly just stands up like normal?!!!

"I've already acclimated to the pain! I appreciate your help today, Hii! Hahahaha!"

My jaw would hit the floor if it could.

"Shouldn't you just get healed?! Straining yourself could make it worse!"

"Don't worry! I'll just sleep it off! I've made it this far with my Youth! My road doesn't end here!"

It was then that something in me just snapped.

"SIT DOWN AND LET ME HEAL YOU NOW!!"

Guy's face paled and he immediately sat down on the spot.

I went over and started to heal all of his limbs so he could recover properly.

'How the hell can he be so cool and so stupid at the same time?!'

[........]

"Um... Hii-kun?"

"Yes?!"

I respond a bit harshly as I focus on his muscles. 

Wait? Did he call me Hii-kun? Isn't it suppose to be chan?

"I'm sorry for making you worried!My youth couldn't be contained since I finally got the to the next level!"

"That's fine,Guy. Just make sure to take care of yourself. Your body is ultimate best weapon, so you have to take care of it better than others. Grandpa always says the most important weapons are well maintained."

I continue to heal Guy as another hour passes. The sun is starting to set by the time I healed everything to tolerable muscle pain for Guy.

I wipe the sweat on my body and get up with a sigh.

"If you want to do more training with whatever that move is, come get me so I can heal you, ok?"

Waterworks starts flowing from Guy's eyes as he gives me a thumbs up.

"I can feel the Youth! I'll let you know when I feel I've reached the next level!!"

"Good, I'm going home. I'm tired."

"Right! I'll rest up and be back out again in no time! Hahahaha!"

Haaa, I'm not going to just ignore that for now.

I trudge my way back home, heading through the town and arriving at my house. I went past my shocked grandparents and the twins with bright stars in their eyes and head straight to the bath. I come in front of the mirror and see my reflection.

.......Haaaa.

I still have the jumpsuit on.

I went through the village and home with this on......

[Well, I was gonna tell you, but you were already pretty mad and exhausted....]

'......Let's just take a bath.'

I'll deal with it later.

99