Chapter 20 : My Heart Belongs To You
5k 5 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Have you ever thought about those people who were given an inch and wanted a mile but couldn't get it? The most delicious sweet smelling dessert was right in front of Yusheng but he couldn't eat! 

As a military commander, Yusheng had always been quite abstinent and didn't have any sorts of desire or bad habits. Now he seriously doubted everything! He... What was with his little brother! It won't calm down. 

Anyways... Let's not talk about his sufferings. It's sorrowful enough to make everyone cry.

Yusheng, who was very 'injured', finally got well and reluctantly started going back to work. Everyday before leaving, Su Ying would hug him and give him soft kisses on his face. That's why, Yusheng who was expressionless was actually happy all the time. 

Three months already passed quite peacefully. Nothing major happened. No one dared to make any trouble. The dog couple kept on feeding people dog food. They were affectionate day and night ah! Inhumane! Simply inhumane! 

That day... They went to the Li family to cause havoc by showing off their love. After destroying those ancient people's mental health by showing shameless affection, they were about to return home when suddenly Su Ying said,

"Ah ah! Hubby! I need to answer to the natural's call and flush those impurities out! Wait for me! I'll be right back! Alright! Stay here!"

Yusheng, who didn't know that he was becoming henpecked did as his wife said. 

10 minutes passed. Su Ying had yet to come back. Suddenly, he noticed Cai Yingtai passing by. Cai Yingtai greeted him, 

"Please accept my greetings, my lord." 

Yusheng nodded. He was very suspicious of all of his concubines. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked. 

Cai Yingtai who was looking very pale and sick replied hesitantly, 

"I...I...was just passing by." 

Yusheng doubted that. He could tell that she was lying. 

"I want to hear the truth. What are you doing here?" 

Cai Yingtai was stammering about what to say. She was indeed feeling quite sick. Suddenly she felt dizzy and her legs softened. She was about to fall when Yusheng caught her. 

Yusheng almost reflexively caught her. But look at the fate. It was at that moment Su Ying arrived to witness that scene. A very familiar scene ah ha... Which meant-

A huge drama was about to happen! 

From Su Ying's point of view, it looked like Yusheng was hugging Cai Yingtai. He felt his heart skip a beat. Even though...even though he knew that his husband would never do anything like that, it still hurt. He didn't like what he was seeing! He absolutely hated it! How could anyone other than him touch his hubby! Su Ying frowned. His expression was showing his obvious anger. 

Yusheng had already noticed Su Ying and quickly removed his hands from the dizzy Cai Yingtai after steadying her. He had a feeling...that something bad will happen to him. Damn! Blame his reflex! 

"Su Ying... It is definitely not like what it seems to be. I can swear on my life."

Su Ying frowned deeper while looking at Yusheng, 

"Is that so?" 

But before Yusheng could reply, Cai Yingtai kneeled down and said, 

"Please forgive me. My lord didn't do anything. I...was just dizzy and was about to fall. My lord only caught me from falling. We don't have anything between us. Please don't doubt him."

Yusheng also used that chance to clarify, 

"I only love you, Su Ying. Besides you...I get disgusted by touching anyone else. I promised to make you happy. I won't ever do anything that hurts you." 

That's true. And Su Ying also knows that. It was just...he still couldn't help feeling sour. 

The person he loved so much...wasn't allowed to be touched by others. He also wasn't allowed to touch others. Even if it was by accident. He knew that he was being unreasonable... 

But before Su Ying could squeeze out a smile and say that he believed his hubby, Cai Yingtai's maid started crying, 

"My lord, how could you say that! After treating my miss like that, you're making her say that you don't have anything to do with her! How could you deny everything! How can you deny the little life on her womb! How can you deny your child!" 

Su Ying,"!!!!!!!!!" 

Yusheng,"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

How come he didn't know that he was having a child! He was still a cherry boy, alright! 

Su Ying looked at Yusheng and couldn't help but feel very sad. Someone was accusing his husband like that! 

Yusheng looked at his wife's wronged expression and felt like a knife stabbing at his heart. He didn't like his wife being sad! 

Su Ying controlled the tears swelling up in his eyes. He didn't want to cry. He believed his husband who still looked like a cherry boy and would get hard just by a single touch. But still... 

Suddenly, he felt Yusheng pulling him in his embrace. Su Ying was instantly surrounded by his smell and warmth. Yusheng didn't need to explain anything. Su Ying knew that his husband didn't do anything. He was still very pure. 

At that moment, Cai Yingtai said, 

"Please don't believe her. I can swear on my life that my lord doesn't have anything to do with me."

Su Ying sighed as he asked, 

"Then what about the little life she's talking about?" 

"That..."

"Why is she saying that you're...carrying my hubby's....child? Are you...really pregnant?" Su Ying very reluctantly said. He didn't want someone else's name to be connected with his husband's in any possible way. 

Cai Yingtai hesitated for a while before shedding her tears. She knew that she couldn't hide anymore. 

"I...I'm indeed pregnant. But...but...the father...isn't... my lord."

Everyone,"!!!!!!!!!" 

They all looked at Yusheng with sympathetic gaze. Great General! Your concubine made you wear a green hat!!! 

Even Su Ying who was sad a while ago felt that his husband was really wronged. 

Only Yusheng was relieved. Anything didn't matter as long as his name was clear and his wife was happy. 

Cai Yingtai cried as she said, 

"I...I know I committed a grave crime. I...dared cheating on my lord. I have no explanation for that. But please...spare my child."

Su Ying said, 

"How about you explain it all first?" 

"Yes... I... Before being bestowed as a concubine to my lord... I actually had a lover who comes from a humble family. My lover, Wan Hui and I are childhood sweethearts. I naturally opposed to be separated from my lover. But my father forced me because...of their...conspiracy... 

I thought that I will never see my lover again. But then... I found out that Wan Hui took a job here. We...we both were yearning for each other. Before we knew it...things got...like that and...I recently found out that I'm pregnant. I... I was actually on my way to inform Wan Hui... But... Please my lord... I...I will gladly accept if you want to punish me. But please... Spare my unborn child and Wan Hui..."

It wasn't that Su Ying was kind. He just felt that it was a good opportunity to get rid of one of the concubines. That's why... He wanted to help Cai Yingtai beacuse of his selfish reasons. 

He expressed his desire to Yusheng through eye contact. Who knows how they do that though! 

Yusheng said, 

"I'm...not going to punish you."

Cai Yingtai,"My lord?" 

"My wife...wants to help you. So you don't need to worry about anything. I'll make sure that you and your lover can get to be together." 

Cai Yingtai was naturally grateful. She kept thanking the two of them from the bottom of her heart. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

That day...even after the two of them went home...they didn't say anything. The silence was very unbearable. 

Yusheng looked at his wife who was expressionless. He pulled him closer to himself and made him sit on his lap. He hugged Su Ying tightly as he said, 

"I'm sorry... I hurt you." 

Su Ying wasn't angry at his husband. He knew his husband was innocent from the beginning. He wrapped his arms around Yusheng and hugged him tightly. His head was on Yusheng' chest. Su Ying could hear his husband's loudly beating heart. 

"Don't be sorry... It was me who was being too much... I knew that you didn't do anything. I trust you... I just... I just didn't like it when I saw you so close to Cai Yingtai. I know it's unreasonable... But I still got jealous. I still got hurt. I...I think I'm too insecure... It's not your fault... Really... I'm the one who should be sorry..."

"Don't ever apologize to me. I... It's my fault. I'll make sure that you never feel that kind emotion. So don't be sad, okay?"

Su Ying felt like crying... How could his husband love him so much? Why did he treasure him like that? 

"Hubby... You...do know that I'm not 'Su Ying', right?" 

"................I know..."

Naturally Yusheng knew by then that the person in his arms wasn't the 'Su Ying' he had heard all those rumors about. His sweetheart was someone else...someone who seemed to be a bit weird...Unique and a bit strange. He seemed like he...was from somewhere else... Somewhere very far away. 

"Don't you want to know the truth?" Su Ying asked. 

".............. I don't..."

Somethings were better not to be said. He didn't want to know that.

Yusheng wanted to reassure his wife. He pressed Su Ying's head against his chest where his heart was beating loudly. 

"Can you hear my it?" 

Su Ying could indeed hear his heart beat. It was fast. 

"You know what? This heart...that is beating so fast...only beats for you... Su Ying... My heart belongs to you. It's only yours... I only love the person who's in my arms right now.

I really do love you..." 

To want to be with someone so much... To want to make them happy and keep them closer to his heart... To treasure them more than his life... If it wasn't love, then what was it? 

A/N~~:This chapter was really hard for me to write. I wanted my sis to help me edit but she was busy... Aii... My brain is so tired...

The next chapter will be the one! Smexy time! I'll try to write it soon! 

Thanks for reading this chapter! ฅ•ω•ฅ


85