Chapter 38 : Cliché Harem Drama Plot
2.4k 2 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N~~: I sincerely suggest leaving your common sense behind. This chapter doesn't make any sense! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Su Ying was rubbing his huge belly with his left hand while a book kept hanging on his right one. He didn't even have the interest to read the book. He missed Yusheng so much.

It had been half a month since Yusheng went to deal with the rebels. Before leaving, he kissed Su Ying lovingly and promised to return before he gives birth. It takes minimum 15 days to reach the East border from the capital even if the fastest mean of travel is used. Logically speaking, it should take Yusheng another month to come back no matter how fast he was to deal with the matter. But Su Ying was sure that their Baobao won't wait that long. He was a bit worried. What if Yusheng couldn't come back before he goes into labor? He would be too scared. 

Su Ying sighed. Sometimes he wonders if it would have been great if they were commoner. At least his hubby won't have so much burden and will be able to spend as much time as possible with him and their baby. What a selfish thought he has! Su Ying realizes that very clearly. 

Su Ying couldn't help but sigh again. 

Fang Zhi looked at her master and felt sad. Her master has became so sluggish... *cough* sad since the General went to the East. Her master has been eating a bowl less. Well, he used to eat seven bowls per meal but lets ignore that. 

Su Ying was thinking about what to think, what to do. He missed Yusheng and was bored at the same time. He wised for something exciting to happen. 

Did that wish come true? 

Well, it did. The God who choked Su Ying to death loved him to the point of causing chaos just to get rid of Su Ying's boredom and create some excitement in his life. Look! At! This! Simp!

Just then, the guard captain and Steward Huang requested audience. They looked anxious as the butler Huang said, "Madam, the guards have found some suspicious people roaming outside the estate. They... seem to have been wearing the rebels clothing."

Rebels of the Qin empire are led by the the small nobles, officials and wealthy people from the previous Emperor's reign who were punished by the current Emperor for slave trading when he ascended the throne. The previous Emperor wasn't a good ruler to the common citizens. The situation of slave trading was horrible. Most people in power were corrupted which made the citizens live a poor life. They became doubtful of the rulers. 

When the current Emperor ascended the throne, in order to win the citizens trust, he annulled the 'sl*ve trade' law and punished those involved with it. So basically, the rebels are people who are in favor of 'sl*ve trading'. It might sound stupid, but it is true. 

Su Ying frowned at what the Steward said. He looked at the guard captain and asked, 

"So... What do you think their intention is? Aren't they suppose to be at the East border or anywhere else but here? It can't be they are near our estate at this time just to take a stroll and admire the beauty of our place?" 

Su Ying is smart. But he's a researcher. Not a politician or military expert. Don't expect him to know everything. 

"Madam, it is indeed a bit weird for them to be near our estate. Rebels are stronger than common people. However, they are neither strong nor bold enough to challenge us. Who doesn't know the power of the General's people? But from what our shadow guards have found after investigating the suspicious people in the 'rebels' clothing, they seem to be proficient in martial arts and are quite strong. They... don't seem to be the rebels at all. I'm afraid... there is something going on."

Their pattern was very weird and the guard captain had a feeling that they were up to something. He also had a guess about that but he didn't mention that in front of Su Ying. He was afraid that their Madam would get terrified.

Su Ying rapidly blinked his eyes and tried to process the information in his head. He used his past knowledge on Harem dramas. 

Suspicious people in rebels clothing lurking around the estate=fake rebels=actually strong=something definitely fishy!!! His knowledge of Harem Drama told him that the pattern was kind of familiar. Isn't it the pattern when the ML goes out to deal with things then suspicious people come, attack or kidnap the FL and then try to bad things to her and then the FL cries out the ML's name and the hero comes to save the damsel in distress!?!?! It has to be this! 

Steward Huang was thinking about what to do. It is better to be safe than sorry. Their Madam was pregnant and he would give birth soon. He didn't want something bad to happen to neither him nor their little master. 

The best choice was probably to leave the estate for the time being just to be safe. But Steward Huang was worried that their Madam would be stubborn and refuse to leave their estate like that. People say a good matriarch doesn't abandon their estate even when faced with enemies, just like a good captain who never abandons his ship in times of danger.

"Madam... Forgive me if this old man is being rude, I think... It is better for you to leave this estate. Although the guards of our estate are strong, we still shouldn't take any risk."

Su Ying,"Oh yeah. Let's go ahead and pack some of our things. We are retreating for the time being ah."

Everyone,"............" 

Why does your voice sound so excited as if we are going on a vacation? 

Well, Su Ying is a little kind but not a fool. He also didn't want to take any risk at the moment.

He would think about ways to survive smartly with others. Since unlike in Harem dramas, his hero might not be able to save him in time if thought logically. So in absence of Yusheng, it was his responsibility to take care of both himself and their baby along with their people.

According to what he learnt from Harem dramas, someone might actually be deliberately targeting him and might actually be scheming to kill him. As Yusheng had many people who were jealous of him along with those who he personally had provoked, the situation wasn't weird at all. 

"But Madam, where are we going to go? Should we go and ask help from the Crown Prince's estate?" Steward Huang said. 

Su Ying shook his head. "We shouldn't go there. The Crown Prince isn't at the capital at this moment. Although the Crown Princess is kind, I'm afraid the news will still reach the Empress. You know..." 

He didn't need to say the rest. The people present there knew that the Empress wasn't particularly fond of Su Ying. It was better not to go to that tiger's den. 

Fang Zhi spoke worriedly,"Then what are we supposed to do Master?" 

Su Ying smiled sweetly. If Yusheng was present, he would definitely be able to tell that his darling wife was up to something. 

"We're going to the place where no one will expect us to be."

Everyone was confused but didn't question Su Ying. 

"Also... Steward Huang, can you help me spread some rumors around the capital as soon as the 'rebels' do something?" Su Ying said as he thought about something mischievous. 

Steward Huang nodded.

Su Ying was a bit worried that his hubby will be tensed about them. But at the moment, only being safe was what he could do. 

Su Ying sighed. Ah... Life of a dutiful wife is as hard as a researcher ah... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The very next day, the 'rebels' ambushed the estate in the middle of the night. Since the guards were prepared, they were perfectly able to subdue them. 

However, they 'couldn't' stop the experienced assassin from entering their Madam's chamber! 

The guards 'panicked'. 

"Save the madam!!!" 

The assassin smirked. He went inside the chamber and found a figure lying in the bed covered by the quilt. His grip tightened on the the dagger that was covered in deadly poison.

He lifted the quit and...

Found some pillows placed to look like human figure along with a colorful note placed on top of that. The note said, 

'Surprise! You've been fooled by the person you all tried to ambush! Tsk tsk... Your small brains aren't enough to defeat this master. Eat some walnuts to increase your IQ which is impossible to increase though. Anyways... Have a nice day!' 

The Assassin,"........???????" 

Well, Su Ying had already left the estate with Fang Zhi, Gu Rong and the eleven servants of the estate. He left the estate in the guards care. But before leaving, he decided to add a little something to surprise those people. And it did work. 

The assassin realized what was going on. They have been fooled! But he couldn't do anything at that moment as he had already been surrounded by the shadow guards.

He even heard one of the shadow guards say with a bit emotion, 

"Ah... You poor souls..."

The assassin,"....................." Damn! I fu*king didn't sign up for this ahhh!!! 

29