Chapter 4 : Departure
140 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kim pulled Mino along and sat on the couch with a painful look on her face.

"When we leave, don't try to stop them. It'll just cause problems for you." Kimberly went to her room and came back with a cellphone.

"Use this if you ever meet any problems, and I'll try my best to help you. Remember to wake up on time and to brush your teeth." She sadly stroked Mino's face as she almost started tearing up again.

As if to ruin the final moments, someone knocked loudly on the door. Knowing who it was, Kim went to open the door.

Standing outside was a middle aged man with handsome features, and Mino could actually see the resemblance between the two.

"Hello father." Kim said wiping the tears from her face, her voice cold.

"You brat! If it wasn't for me sending two men to secretly monitor and protect you, you would have been in trouble! We are going back now, even if you don't want to!"

"And where is that man you adopted? You've cared for him for five years, now he should be old enough to live on his own. We leave now."

Kim's father nodded to a man by his side and the man walked forward and held Kim's arm.

Kim shot her father a defiant look and he sighed. "If you struggle, the only one who'll feel the outcome is that boy, do you understand?"

Hearing her father out right threaten Mino, the defiant look faded and she started to cry silently.

Mino who was hiding in the living room heard his voice and his face contorted in fury. He walked into the hall and saw the man who could determine Kim's fate.

"You are the boy she adopted five years ago from the New Youth Orphanage that was closing down right?" Kim's father ignored the muffled cry Kim gave as the man chopped the back of her neck, knocking her unconscious.

"Now that she cannot interfere, tell me boy, how do you wish to end this?" Kim's father asked as he wore a mocking smile.

 

"Let her go! She isn't just a tool you can throw away and reclaim as you please!" Hearing Mino shout, the bodyguard laid Kim on the chair and walked over with a ferocious expression, however Kim's father raised a hand and he stopped.

"Boy, you have wasted my daughter's youth, and you still want to be selfish and keep her here where she can only stagnate?"

"I just want her to be happy! And she was!"

"Silence, happiness doesn't put food on the table. A compensation, I'll allow you to choose a college of your choice, and forget about meeting my daughter." Hearing the man's tone, Mino clenched his teeth.

Kim's father left alongside the bodyguard who carried Kim in a princess carry. Mino followed them with his eyes until they got ing the parking lot.

Three black cars drove over and the two men and unconscious woman boarded them. In a few minutes, and any trace of Kim or her father was wiped clean.

...

Mino sat in the living room, staring at the stocking he made with an aggrieved look. His heart pounded in his chest, and he wanted to roar at the sky, but he just sat in silence, faintly shaking.

'I need to become stronger! I need to become the best so that no one can take her away from me! I want power, even if I have to sacrifice things to get it!'

Swearing in his mind, he felt something and turned around. On the couch was a black book with a glowing red moon.

Remembering the dream, he walked over and pricked his thumb and placed it in the center of the moon.

As he did so, the moon outside turned red for a split second, and a tremor passed through the hearts of every living being as if some vicious animal had locked on to them.

The book opened and after a flash of red light, Mino collapsed to the floor unconscious. The book hovered in the air before breaking down into ashes.

The apartment fell silent and shadows seemed to dance excitedly, giving the apartment a dark aura. Mino lay on the ground, his face contorted with pain, while several blood red lines surged from his thumb to the rest or his body.

The flesh around the red lines had turned gray, as if the blood had been sucked from the surrounding cells. 

Mino didn't realize that what he did had consequences much larger than he could have ever anticipated. His body shuddered as he kept undergoing changes.

 

3