CHAPTER 6 – I THINK I KILLED THE RUNAWAY PRINCESS
482 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 6 - I THINK I KILLED THE RUNAWAY PRINCESS 

Nothing beats the wonderful feeling of starting a new morning with a beautiful girl greeting you with a cute nickname.

“You’re finally awake, donkey.”

Lizzy’s goddess-like face was the first thing I saw. Her golden eyes are now giving off more energy than the first time I saw her, and her complexion is back to normal. 

I raised my body up. I still feel slightly dizzy, but I think I have rested well enough. I found myself on the sofa in my living room, with pillows and blankets. Lizzy must have carried me here when I passed out.

“Here.” Lizzy gave me a cup of coffee and I happily accepted it. “How are you feeling?”

“Peachy.” I sipped. Then I looked at her. “How about you.”

“I’m fine now, thank you.”

The atmosphere between us was eaten by an awkward silence. I scanned at her frilly outfit which looked like new as if she already had it washed and fixed overnight. 

Then again, I remembered when I first met her. She has this ability to create her clothes at will. Heck, she can even materialize swords and surround her feet with white flames.

“Hey, about last night.” Lizzy turned away to avoid eye contact, but she’s clearly blushing. “Thank you for using the system to heal me. I wouldn’t have survived if it wasn’t for you.”

“Mmm, hmmm.”

I sipped again on my coffee and immediately decided to change the topic. There are lots of questions in my mind. I already have fragments of information, but I still need to complete the puzzle with some coaching.

“So, you’re a princess,” I said.

“Wah!” Lizzy was astounded as if she just got hit by lightning.

“If I heard that knight right, your name is Princess Alessia Erindel. A runaway fugitive for killing your father, the King of Agartha.”

“Wah!” Lizzy cried again. “Y-You’re listening to the whole time? Eavesdropping is an unethical hobby, you know that?!”

“Well, you guys are talking a lot during the entire fight. I can hardly miss the details.” I said as I sipped the last drop of coffee on my cup and laid it to the table. “Tell me-”

“It’s none of your business!” Lizzy slammed the table and stood up. “You don’t need to poke your nose on everything you smell!”

“But the Archonlight System- you gave me the power to-”

“I already removed it.” Lizzy crossed her arms. “I only wanted you to heal me, that’s all. I only stayed here and waited for you to wake up so that I can do a proper goodbye to you. Now that I have expressed my gratitude, you don’t need to get involved with me anymore.”

Lizzy went straight to the door, ready to leave. 

“Goodbye.”

“Lizzy, wait!”

I chased her, but it was a bad idea. When she slammed the door shut, I got my nose smacked to the sturdy wood! I cried shortly but opened the door thereafter. 

“Hey, Lizzy!” I shouted.

The woman ignored me. She just continued to walk towards the street hastily, so I followed her. She glanced on her back and saw me chasing her, so she sped up!

“Khh!” There was this annoyed look on her face. “This stupid donkey!”

“Lizzy! Lizzy!” I cried on the sidewalks, but she kept on ignoring me. So I decided to call her the whole name. “Princess Alessia Erindel, wait!”

“Don’t you dare call me by my full name, you insolent donkey!” I finally caught her attention, but now she’s furious. She started to run away like an Olympic sprinter.

“Hey, don’t run-”

“Blah blah blah! Shut up! I don’t want you to be involved with me any longer-!”

It was too late to warn her. She already got her feet on the highway, and there was a truck approaching. When she had her eyes back in the road, the bumper came to greet her.

“Waaaah!”

There was a loud bang. The poor woman’s body flew towards my direction and landed right in front of me. She’s now completely unconscious. She had her forehead bleeding non-stop, but aside from those, her body is completely fine. Hey, at least she was not transported to another world.

“Lizzy!” I cried as I carried her on my arms.

“Stupid donkey… Why is this always happening to me?” She sleep-talked while literally crying.

I looked at the culprit truck, but it just sped up! Now, this is an isolated hit-and-run case, and I’m the only one here who can carry her to the hospital!

“Hang in there!” I shouted to the woman as I cradle her on my arms.

I started to run with my full speed. She’s surprisingly light to carry even for me who has a scrawny body build so I’m confident that I can get there in time.

<>

The hospital is just about three hundred meters away from that hit-and-run accident, so I managed to bring her there within a couple of minutes. When the nurses and doctors saw me carrying a near-dead girl in my arms, they immediately called a wheeled stretcher to accommodate her.

“Lizzy! Lizzy! Stay with me!” I held her hand tight, like a future father who’s delivering his pregnant wife to the emergency room. 

Well, Lizzy is not my wife, and she’s not even pregnant. But she’s definitely going to the emergency room.

“Sh, sh…” Lizzy tried to talk.

“Don’t speak, we’re almost there!” I cried.

“Shut the fuck up, you donkey…get away from me...” With her remaining strength, she slapped my hand that was holding her.

I and the nurses are dragging her stretcher at full speed. Just when the timing is right, my shoelaces went undone and my other foot stepped on it. 

The result? Well, I fell flat on the floor and accidentally pushed the stretcher to a direction that is not meant to be the way to the emergency room. She went to the staircase towards the underground parking lot.

“Wa,ah,ah,ah,ah,ah!” Lizzy screamed in a choppy manner as the bumps of the stairs made her stretcher gallop. 

And for the final destination, her stretcher tilted and smacked her face on a wall! Blood seeped into the cracks of the cement where her face was buried in. 

"Oh my goodness!" All the nurses and doctors screamed in disbelief!

“Lizzy!” 

I tried to go to her side, but I was immediately stopped by a doctor who pushed me away!

“Get the fuck out of here!” All the nurses and doctors yelled as they kicked me out of the building.

12