CHAPTER 7 – BACK TO THE NORMAL DAYS, MAYBE
431 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 7 - BACK TO THE NORMAL DAYS, MAYBE

I was banned from entering the hospital, so I never got to visit Lizzy. It’s been two days since we got that accident. I never got any news from her, except that “She’s fine, now get the fuck out of the hospital or I’ll call the police!” answers from the guard or the nurses. 

My summer classes start today, so I’m now preparing myself to go to university. Flunkers like me are required to take up advanced minor subjects to minimize our stay in the hellish life of the college. I guess I’m back to my normal life from now on.

I don’t know if I should see Lizzy again. She seemed desperate in running away from me last time. Besides, I got her in all sorts of accidents. It might be best if we never get to cross paths again.

“Wassup John!”

The very first person that greeted me when I entered the campus grounds is my friend, Francois Schopfer, or Frank for short. He’s a tall, slim, handsome man with German and Italian descent. His black fedora gives off a charismatic aura on him that makes him attract girls.

“Oh hey, Frank,” I said unenthusiastically with a smile. Then I murmured under my breath. “It gives me zero excitement to see you again, my friend.”

“I’m actually annoyed seeing you because now we have to talk just to preserve this friendship,” Frank said with sarcasm. He shifted to a smirk as he asked a question that would ruin my whole day. “So, how’s your ex?”

“Oh, that? She died. End of conversation.” I said with a smile. “Come on, let’s go to our classroom!”

To be honest, I think I forgot that I just had a break-up three days ago. Maybe I should cling back to my crippling depression and post some heartbroken quotes or suicidal ideas on Facebook.

Frank and I went to our classroom and sat beside each other to chat.

“Hey, I heard that Professor Stark is a terror teacher,” Frank said.

“In a minor subject like sociology?” I exclaimed. “Damn, don’t jinx it.”

“Yeah, right. I wish he’s a cool professor that makes iron suit and sits on an iron throne.”

All other students settled on their seats when they realized that an old bald man with square-framed eyeglasses entered the room. They must have realized that it was our professor for our morning subject.

The old man started to talk apathetically which made all of us students sleepy.

“Good morning class, my name is Professor Stark and welcome to Sociology. You need five textbooks for this subject which will cost you five thousand, and you need it by tomorrow.”

“Five textbooks!? Five thousand!? Tomorrow!?” All of us students were awestruck.

“It’s the first day, so you should have finished the first book. Later I will give you an activity of a ten-page essay for ten minutes.”

“Ten-page essay!? Ten minutes!?” We all echoed.

“Any questions?”

All of us raised our hands.

“Put your motherfucking hands down. Now clear your desk and we’re going to have a pop quiz regarding String Theory on the Projectile Motion of Electromagnetism relating to Quantum Mechanics and Relative Velocity.”

“The fuck!? This is sociology!” Frank whispered to me

I just forced a smile. I know deep inside myself that I’m going to fail this minor summer subject.

<>

The bell rang from the tenth floor of the campus, signaling the end of the classes. The orange tint of the afternoon sun refracts everything in the classroom.

The day went on so fast. College summer classes are the same as normal semester subjects, except that each and every subject feels like a major because they are all rushing the topics and require to submit a lot of homework.

“Whoo, that was stressful,” Frank said as he sighed. He turned to me who is busy packing my things. “Hey, want to hang out a little?”

“I’m sorry, man.” I scratched my head. “I’m going to visit somebody in the hospital.”

“Who are you visiting, your fractured heart who still loves the person who cannot love you back anymore?” Frank smirked.

“Fuck off. I'm going to visit a friend." I said as I wear my bag. "If you want to, you can come with me. You can pretend as my stool sample."

"Hard pass. You're shittier than I am."

Frank also packed his things up. We both walked towards the exit of the classroom and suddenly stopped when there’s a commotion at the doors. All my classmates are piled up there as if there’s a celebrity who’s walking down the hallway.

“Hey, what’s happening?” I asked randomly as I tiptoed to get a better view.

“There’s a goddess!” One of my classmates answered.

I finally got a good view of the person whom they call a “goddess”. She is a tall woman with almost the same height as mine. She’s wearing a frilly blue dress and a short black pleated short skirt that exposes her long flawless legs. She has long black hair reaching her buttocks and a charming set of golden eyes. 

There are also bandages on her forehead as if she got out of some terrible accident. Maybe she got hit by a truck and got her face smacked on a wall, I don’t know.

She had her back against a wall, crossed arms, and fingers playing her hair as if she is waiting for someone and gets more annoyed as seconds go by. 

I squinted my eyes. I think I’ve seen her before.

“Who’s that beautiful girl?” Frank asked.

“I don’t know!” One of my classmates asked. “That girl keeps on peeking at our classroom since the third period. I think she’s looking for one of our classmates.”

I wanted to make fun of the situation, so I started to dub with a thick British accent.

“Today in animal discovery channel, we can find a goddess living in her natural habitat, waiting impatiently for her mate in a strange ritual only her fellow species know.”

“Hahaha! That’s awesome dubbing you got there, Mr. Casterdyne!” My classmates burst out to praise me.

“You have talent, John!” Frank chuckled.

Due to the explosion of laughter I made with my classmates, we became a little bit noisy. And that noise made the strange goddess look at our direction. 

The beaut’s eyes met with mine, and then it became a trigger for some spark that made her snap. With her eyebrows that are basically telling me “I will slice you up!”, and her golden eyes threatening me to become a kebab, she marched forward. A chill went down to my spine.

“I finally found you, stupid donkey!”

Oh, right. 

She’s Lizzy.

9