C40: Clashing Personalities
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Reign, I called you here so that we could have a talk. I’m not forcing anything on you and you don’t have to speak to me if you don’t want to, but if you do then that would be great because it's my job to help you and I don’t only do this because it's my job but I also genuinely want to help you.”

I nod with a slight smile on my face.

She continues, “Last semester you disappeared on the final day and it caused quite a stir between the student body, your parents, the authorities and the staff members. I can't speak for everyone but most of us were worried about you. My son, Jason, I don’t know if you know him but he showed me the messages on facebook and from that, I learnt that you and Theodore are dating, is that correct?”

I nod my head.

“Alright, so I’ll assume you were having troubles with your sexuality so that is the reason why you ran away?”

I nod my head again. She stays silent and I guess she is expecting me to say something. I stay silent too but break it after thinking about it, “I – I – I’ve been speaking about this to people before that helped me while I ran away and I told my parents too. I’ve yet to tell Theo the full story… so for speaking to you about it, I guess it won't be bad but I don’t want to speak about it right now.”

She nods her head and writes something down, after a moment she looks up from the clipboard and asks, “So how is your experience coming back to school?”

I think for a moment and answer, “Slightly boring but I expected this much, well Tai and Laura didn’t say something, well I hope they can accept me because I still consider them my friends, I also saw Chloe this morning and it seemed like she wanted to speak to me. I was going to sit beside her on the bus but then I saw Toby and ignored her.”

“Why do you think you ignored her?”

“Well mostly because I don’t like her friends, when we were dating they looked at me like I was a pest and treated me like shit. I always pretended that it didn’t bother me but that was a lie, their remarks made me cry whenever it popped into my mind before I fell asleep. I was belittled like it was nothing and Chloe, she never told them to stop but I don’t know… I – it just sucked when I was around them.”

“Did you ever speak to her about it?” she asks making me frown.

I shake my head, “I didn’t want to be the reason why they had a falling out.”

“So you were more concerned about her feelings than your own?”

I nod, “Mn, even with my family… I just did everything to make everyone around me happy instead of myself and it got too much, I even became suicidal because of it all.”

She looks up from her clipboard and stares at me, “Suicidal?”

I nod, “I have the scars to prove it but again, I don’t want to speak about it yet.”

She nods and starts writing again, “Your parents will be coming in to see me some time too and your sister too, I would have loved to talk to Sturgeon too but he is busy.”

“Why do you need to speak to them?”

“So that they can understand you and help where they can especially emotionally.”

My eyes dart around the room while I sigh, I nod my head, “I was told before that I’ll need their help on my road to recovery so I don’t mind.”

“So tell me about the group of people you have been speaking too.”

“They are a bunch of gays, lesbians, bisexuals and heterosexuals that are okay with each other… they accepted me and helped me when I needed it, I still speak to them because I find it easier to talk to them.”

She nods her head, “Well Reign, you can come see me anytime you like and the principal has excused you from any lesson you’d miss if you come see me… this mustn’t be abused though,” she says slightly warning me.

I laugh slightly and nod my head. We talk some more and my stomach starts growling. When we look at the time, I see that it’s past twelve going for half-past twelve. I say goodbye telling her that Theo and the others are waiting for me.

As I step out of the office I see that Theo, Ashton, Keenan, Toby, Tai and Laura and Chloe and her friends are waiting for me making me raise a brow.

I can understand if its Theo and his friends, Toby, Tai and Laura but why are Chloe and the bitch twins here?

“You’re late,” Theo says making me roll my eyes.

“We lost track of time, I’m hungry too, do you have something to eat… lets swap lunch,” I say making Keenan and Ashton laugh.

Keenan walks over to me and grabs my bag then pulls out my lunch bag. After closing my bag and throwing it over his shoulder he walks over to Ashton and they start eating my lunch. Theo looks at them with a glare and pulls me closer, “Brian and Toby want to take us out so we can go eat now, but before that,” he trails and looks over at Chloe, “She wants to speak to you.”

I look over at the three and raise a brow, “You do?” I ask and she nods her head nervously.

“Okay but Toby comes with,” I say as I drag him with me and we walk. Chloe looks at me but soon follows and the bitches follow behind her. Toby waves Theo and the others off not to follow us and wraps his arm around mine, “Are you sure about this?” he asks making me look at him. I shake my head and we both sigh.

There's no particular reason why I dragged him along, I just didn’t want to be alone with them nor did I want Theo to be around, I know that he doesn’t like her.

We reach the back of the school and see that there is no one around. Sitting down on the stands I look at Chloe.

She stands before me as her friends stand beside her. After a moment of awkward silence, she says, “Reign, you’re gay?”

I nod my head.

“So you’ve been playing with my feelings this whole time?”

I raise a brow and shake my head.

“What do you mean, if you’re gay then how could you date a woman?” she asks and I can hear the irritation in her voice.

“It was one way to hide the fact that I’m gay so when you asked me out I accepted it.”

“Why would you do something like that?”

“I have my reasons.”

“WHAT REASONS?”

“Don’t raise your voice when you speak to me,” I say. She looks at me in silence for a moment and I can see her eyes turn red.

“Reign I loved you and you just played with me, I have the right to know why you did it.”

“And I have the right not to tell you, Chloe, don’t act like you’re the victim here, during those three years, have you ever thought of my feelings when you let these bitches belittle me? Did you ever think of me? No, you didn’t, you only thought of yourself. Reign do this for me, Reign what do you think, Reign why are you so mean, Reign why don’t you answer my calls, Reign why don’t you love me – you always assumed that I never did but did you ever think that I actually loved you? Well I did, not the way you think but I still loved you and I thought of your feelings over mine – Chloe you better not pretend that you are a victim here because you used me to get everyone’s attention. I was hated by half the student body for being your boyfriend, did you ever think that what you were doing was correct – you fucked with me first so I used you too – you really shouldn’t play innocent with me, you are a conniving bitch just like these friends of yours, you broke up with me long ago so don’t think that I owe you an explanation because I don’t – you make me sick and I hope what you did to me gets returned to you by tenfold.”

I turn around and jump off the stands, standing a bit off from her friends I say, “And the two of you, don’t think you can come after me for this because you better watch yourself if you do. I’ve pretended long enough to make as if you three are relevant when you are not – I won’t let anyone of you or anyone for that fact to fuck with me!”

I walk off and Toby runs up to me, giving me a hug. I look at him and he’s smiling at me, “I’m so proud of you.”

Raising a brow I look at him, “What are you talking about?”

Shaking his head he said, “I came for moral support but it looks like you don’t need it, you’re not even crying.”

Rolling my eyes I say, “I don’t cry for bullshit.”

He laughs and we make our way to the parking lot where the rest are waiting for us.

0