C45: Zayev’s Arrival
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“AAAAAH! Get him out, GET HIM OUT!” Cindy screams as the doctors rush into the room.

I quickly move out of the way and into the hallway knowing that they will move her onto a wheelchair and take her to the other room.

After a moment of confusion, we’re in the other room and my hand is being squeezed like it's nothing. My mind is buzzing as I watch Cindy scream and look over at Alexandra who is helping Cindy with her breathing exercises.

My mind finally comes too when I hear a frightened cry. Turning my head I look at the doctor stand up from his seated position and hold out the baby, he says with a beaming smile, “It’s a boy,” I mentally roll my eyes then look down at Cindy who is in tears.

I suddenly feel like laughing but don’t, Alexandra coos her and I lean forward. Kissing her forehead, I look into her watery red eyes, “Do you know how ugly you look?”

She glares at me while Alexandra laughs.

Kissing her cheek, I whisper thank you in her ear that makes her smile. Her head drops back as tears fall from the sides down to her ears.

The nurse comes closer with our baby wrapped in a blanket and shoo’s Alexandra away making her complain and I laugh. I help the nurse loosen Cindy’s gown to expose her breasts and she puts Zayev near her right nipple.

Squeezing his jaw slightly, we watch as he opens his tiny mouth and clamps on her nipple. Seconds later he starts suckling her breast and my jaw clenches, biting down on my lip my tears fall at the overwhelming feeling spreading through my body.

The nurse herself has tears falling down her cheeks as so do Cindy and I. looking up I see that Alexandra is sniffing back her sob too.

She gives him to Cindy to hold who I myself have to hold up so that she is sitting properly. I look over her shoulder at Zayev who stopped sucking. We were told that it's normal since he wasn’t hungry at this moment and the suckling was just to show that his instincts were functioning properly.

After a moment of holding him, she turns her head to me and whispers in a voice only I can hear, “Do you want to hold your son?”

I look into her eyes and I can see that I’m crying, “Won’t I break him?”

Without notifying me, she pushes him into my arms which makes me get off the bed and look at her in shock. I feel him wiggle in my arms so I look down and I have to keep my body up so that I don’t fall to the floor with him.

“We have to take him to the other room, to clean him up properly and do a physical,” the nurse comes to me and I hand him over to her.

I turn to look at Cindy and she shoo’s me off, “Go make sure they don’t hurt him,” she says making me whip my head and run after the nurse.

Cindy gets cleaned up and taken back to her room where Theo is waiting and our friends too.

I watch the nurse clean him and frown but don’t say anything. She wraps him up after they examine him and put on a nappy. She puts him in a bed and looks at me through the window with a smile but I don’t smile back because she's pissing me off.

She brings out the bed on wheels and we walk to Cindy’s room. I glare at everyone who stops in our way and they immediately back away.

After she leaves the room I shut the door behind her and stalk towards the baby bag and curse under my breath making everyone laugh with curiosity, “Baby what's wrong?” Theo asks making me grumble.

I take out the baby wipes and pick Zayev up from his bed and place him down on Cindy’s. she moves her legs out of the way and I thank her. Unwrapping him, I hear them aww and coo behind me.

Taking out the wipes, I wipe every inch of him down and make sure he’s clean. Dressing him up in the clothes I brought and wrapping him up tightly, I pick him up and cradle him. Clearing my throat I look at them, “No one's allowed to pick him up until he can crawl and no taking pictures of him without my permission,” I say with a warning glare.

They look at me surprised and frown when I give Zayev to Theo.

“Unfair,” Marcus complains but I don’t give a shit. Cindy laughs making me roll my eyes at her but smile. She wiggles her eyebrows at me, making me look over at Alexandra who is grouping with the rest around the baby bed looking at Zayev.

“He looks ugly,” Cindy outright says making me nod.

Theo glares at her, “He’ll look better after a month.”

“Oh look at daddy dearest already defending his pup,” she retorts with sarcasm making me shake my head, these two, for some odd reason get along.

Everyone gets kicked out of the room by Alexandra because visiting hours are almost up. She leaves the room and comes back with a form on a clipboard.

Closing the door behind her she hands Cindy the clipboard and pen but she shoo’s her away telling her to hand it to me.

I look at it after it's handed to me and raise a brow at Alexandra. She smiles knowingly and says, “It’s the baby’s birth form, his prints are already at the bottom of the page so you just need to fill in the parent details, and I’ll go take care of it,” she adds at the end, making me nod.

I fill in my I.D number under father’s details along with my name and surname. I fill Cindy’s in under mother and Zayev’s full name, “Zayev Dante Mc Kenzi” and today’s date then hand the clipboard back to Alexandra.

She scans it over and I can see her brows knit. She looks up at me, then her eyes meet Theo’s who stares at her.

She nods her head and as she said, she’d take care of it – returning an hour later with the printed birth certificate and a smile.

I take it from her, looking it over to make sure she didn’t fuck up anything. Nodding I hand it to Theo who also gives it a look and smiles at me, “When we get married, his surnames changing to May,” he says making me groan.

Cindy laughs and so does Alexandra. Theo leaves the hospital because he can’t stay and I stay with Cindy and Zayev under, next of kin.

The nurses come checking every four hours with us making sure that he gets fed the little bit of milk he can take in. Zayev is slightly cubby due to Cindy’s greedy ass but I’m happy with my baby the way he is.

I watch both of them sleep and my heart tightens. In my whole life, I never expected to be a father at such a young age, and be loved by this woman that gave birth to my son and loved by Theo.

I can honestly say that I’m happy but it didn’t come easy – I had to pay for all of this with my insanity and body – I don’t regret this – I’m grateful to God who gave me this life – I’m grateful for the son and sister he gave me and I am grateful for the boyfriend, well the husband he gave me.

Wiping my tears away, I look down at Zayev and smile. Caressing his left cheek with my thumb, “You’re my blessing.”

0